Concerts in Chemnitz and Dresden

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Concerts in Chemnitz and Dresden

Postby Susann » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Last night I was back from Saxony. There I was to Moya’s concerts in Chemnitz and Dresden. The concerts were wonderful as ever and it was nice to talk to Moya and the others again :D :D :D :D :D . Cormack wasn't there for these 2 concerts but Anne-Marie O'Farrell was also fantastic. She played a wonderful solo.

But I wasn’t only to the concerts. In Chemnitz I had time to walk through the city the whole day (about 12 km). I had never been before in Chemnitz. In the World War II Chemnitz was heavily destroyed. In GDR-times Chemnitz’ name was Karl-Marx-Stadt and it wasn’t a city to visit just for holidays so I was very keen to see this city. In the past there was a lot of industrie in the city but after the reunification most of the factories were closed. Before the wall came down the city had more than 300000 inhabitants but in the last 20 years more than 20 % have left Chemnitz. There are many many deserted houses. But I found some nice areas. At first I was at the synagogue. Then I walked to the city centre were I saw the petrified forest (in a shopping centre) which was found in Chemnitz. Then I strolled over the nice Christmas market, was looking for the big statue of Karl Marx’ head and walked over the Theater Place. I went to the Castle Church in which a whip column stands which was made in 1515 of one huge oak-trunk. From there you could see St. Markus Church on the other side of Chemnitz where the concert took place.

The next day I met a friend in Dresden who joined with me to the concert. I hadn’t seen her for 2 years. Two people I met at Leo’s this June came to the concert in Lukas Church as well. We were the last fans in the church after the concert and so we had a lot of fun with Moya and Sinead. The next day before I had to go to the airport my friend took me for a walk to Moritzburg.

Here you can see pictures not only from the concerts:
http://picasaweb.google.de/Susann177/Mo ... 203122009#
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 am

Last night I was at the concert in Aachen. It was just fantastic!!! The church was extremely packed and the audience was very very enthusiastic. Cormac was back and he played the Bodhrán to some songs. It was great! :D :D :D

After the concert I had nice chats with Fionán, Cormac, Sinéad, Ian, Hughie, Leon and of course Moya. :) :) :)

Ute, Michael, Moni and Harry I enjoyed meeting you again very very much. It was a fantastic day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julia and Kathy, thank you sooooooooo much for taking me home to Bonn. I think it must have been a detour of more than 50 km. Have a wonderful night in Melle tonight. :) :) :)
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Simi » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks for the beautiful review and pics, Susann. I am looking forward to see you in Ludwigsburg.

I miss some band members on the pics. Is Moya touring only with a "small" band? I miss Paul, Yoshi, Sam and Eamonn.
Of what benefit would it be to me if Christ had been born a thousand times, and it would daily be sung into my ears in a most lovely manner, if I were never to hear that he was born for me and was to be my very own? (Martin Luther)
Simi
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi Simi, Moya is playing and singing together with Fionán, Cormac, Sinéad and Ian Parker. I know that Eamonn is on tour with Riverdance and Paul has an engagement in London at the moment (I forgot for whom he is playing).

I also look forward to see you and Franz in Ludwigsburg. :)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Moya live