Got kicked out when I want to edit a post

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Macha » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:40 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Chris. I'll try it again. :)
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:31 pm

I have problems with the forum today. It shows me as "logged in" when I'm NOT logged in - and it kicks me out, when I want to read a topic or want to post. That's really annoying! Can anyone help me out on this please! I've restarted my computer and cleaned my Cookies and Browser Cache. So what could be wrong that the forum doesn't work properly for me? HELP! :cry:
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby ChrisRLG » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Macha

Looking at the connections you have used to the forum - I find the current one - where you made the last post - which is the major IP that you have been using - but also about 100 other IP's which would signify that you are on perhaps a dialup modem some of the time, or at least one which is dynamic in the IP to be used.

Do you use two different connections - perhaps one at work and the other from home - and if so which one is giving the problems.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm

ChrisRLG wrote:Macha

Looking at the connections you have used to the forum - I find the current one - where you made the last post - which is the major IP that you have been using - but also about 100 other IP's which would signify that you are on perhaps a dialup modem some of the time, or at least one which is dynamic in the IP to be used.

Do you use two different connections - perhaps one at work and the other from home - and if so which one is giving the problems.

No Chris, I only use one connection from my home computer. I don't knwo what it could be. I don't go into the forum when I'm at work.

EDIT: it seems to work again now. Thanks anyway. I'll let you know if there should be problems again (I hope NOT!)
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby ChrisRLG » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:07 pm

then the connection you are using is dynamic - perhaps via an ISP proxy server, if so that could be causing your problems.

If it continues please PM me with details of your ISP and I will look into it.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby nessieq » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:46 am

I've been having major problems too.. every time i log on to the forum, i have to log on twice, because the first time it doesnt actually log me on at all. Then, when it does show me as 'online', all the orange bits where there are new posts have vanished and I have to figure them out by looking at the dates. VERY annoying. One thing I have noticed tho- it doesnt happen if i log on every 2 days. wierd, eh?
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Angoid » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 am

Nessie - are you coming to the forums using this:
http://forums.moyabrennan.com
or this:
http://www.forums.moyabrennan.com
:?:

If the latter, that will give rise to this problem. Use the former one instead.
It might be worth clearing your cookies down and seeing whether that rectifies the problem.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:18 pm

Angoid, thanks for your help. My account and the forum are working again properly.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Administrator