What gender are the majority of artists you listen to?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

What sex are the majority of artists you listen to?

A majority of Male artists i listen too.
16%
A majority of Female artists i listen too.
69%
I would say roughly about the same.
16%
I listen to male artists ONLY. (Are you a Moya fan?)
No votes
I listen to female artists ONLY.
No votes

Total votes : 32

What gender are the majority of artists you listen to?

Postby Nigel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Just a poll to see if your favourite artists you listen too are either a majority of male or female artists. I know for sure that i listen to 90% female artists and about 10% male artists. What about you?
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:07 pm

I was thinking about this some time ago. I was thinking about how I listen to female singer mostly, with some exeptions,... No idea why, but I listen to female singers more then male... :P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:17 pm

me too, for me the female voices work better than males. I hardly have any male vocal album, but I do have some albums by instrumentalists who are for the majority male.

So on vocals it's female 90 -95 %, on instrumental albums it's roughly the other way around. Then again, I don't have thát many instrumental albums :lol:

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:44 pm

Difficult one, I'd say when it comes to singers I listen mostly to females, although I adore a good male singing voice :lol: Composers and things are mostly male, and like Phantas, instrumentals (like Irish traditional music) largely male, but singers, female :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:23 am

Hmm, most of the artists in my CD collection are females, but then again I love boy choirs and e.g. Aled "Walking In The Air" Jones for example, so it's not females only! And, on the classical music albums I have there are both female and male performers anyway...

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby koseklumpen » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:00 am

Yeah, same here. Most my CDs are female artists but I do love really deep male voices (á la Joe Cocker or Rod Stewart and also Paolo Nutini). mmh, when I think about it, there are actually a lot male artists in my collection, too But I only have one or two CDs by a singel male artists, whereas it's already 5 or more Cds jut by Moya and Enya, etc... So maybe it just looks like more female artists but it's just a lot of CDs by a few female artists... (was that understandable? :roll:) Well, anyway, I love great voices which have something special, no matter male or female :)
Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
koseklumpen
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Ardens » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:18 am

Most of my favourite singers are female, but this is probably the the case because I do not know many male singers whose music I like. I like listening to U2 and Nickelback, but I usually do not pay so much attention to the voices.
I have lots of instrumental music by male artists and I do not think that the songwriter's gender influences the quality of the music. There are female songwriters whose music has a good style and there are also very talented male songwriters.

I can imagine that I automatically choose music of singers whose voices are a bit similar to mine. I clearly prefer mezzo-soprano and alto singers to sopranos, simply because high voices sound foreign to me and I cannot sing along with the music easily. Some male voices sound great to me, but I often cannot identify with them very well because I am a woman.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby youremyenergy79 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:03 am

70%are women
30%males(many bands)
against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

Postby Maya85 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Wow hard to say, I listen to female singers (mostly Moya, Enya and Sarah Brightman) but I like also male singers (Phill Colins, Brian Adams)
The truth is that you can hear more femala singers playing on my player
Make my heart a better place
Maya85

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:46 pm

I always thought I the majority I listened to were female artists, but when I had a look through my CD's, it turned out to be the opposite :mrgreen:. A big majority is male, but I think that's because of the many bands I listen to - rock bands have male singers more often :). I only listen to about, I dunno, 10 male solo artists I guess, like Bob Dylan, Chris Cornell and Miyavi, Michael Jackson etc.

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:26 pm

I mostly listen to female artists since I prefer female voices, but in bands and things like that there are usually males, and instrumental albums can go either way.
A_S

Postby kevinkells » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:30 am

I'd say for me it would mostly be the female voice... Moya, Enya, Loreena, etc. As far as bands go, nearly all would be male.
kevinkells

Postby Keiko » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:37 am

I would say it's roughly the same.. I have multiple albums wich include female and men.. I have a few 'women' and a few 'men' :)

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Seyal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:31 am

I *almost* could check the Female artist only box. There are maybe one or two CDs I have of male singers - rest are all women.
Seyal

Postby irish at heart » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:16 am

Almost everyone I listen to is female.
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to Fan space