Misty Eyed Adventures
6%
Maire
9%
Other (Clannad) album
2%

Total votes : 94

Postby kevinkells » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:54 am

" Maire " for me. It was also my first album of her solo career.
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:12 am

WTTWW!! A beautiful album, with a perfect mix from songs and languages!!
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Mariusz Maxwell Krause » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Hmm… It’s quite difficult to choose one album. The first Maire’s solo album I’ve bought was “Maire” really in 1993 followed by “Misty Eyed Adventures”. I love both of them, but I adored “Misty Eyed Adventures” at that time, because of beauty of “A place among the stones” which is stunned song, “An Fharraige”, “Pilgrim’s Way”, “The Mighty Way”, “Heroes”, “Misty Eyes Adventures”… Well, it’s long list. So I have really big sentiment to this beautiful album. And I really regret Maire doesn’t play live too much songs from “Misty Eyes Adventures”.

I remember when “Perfect Time” has been released, but I found “Whisper to the Wild Water” as the better album, with a lot of Celtic influences.

When “Two Horizons” have been released I immediately loved it as it’s great concept album and I was very proud to present this album to my friends. I love almost every single song on this album and was so happy to listen to whole album live at the “Two Horizons” tour in 2004/2005. And also this album includes one of the most beautiful ending I ever heard: “Harp Song / Two Horizons” are just stunned!

So, I voted for “Two Horizons”…
Cpt. Janeway: "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."
Mariusz Maxwell Krause
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Jvan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:32 pm

I'd vote for Signature but it's not in the list so I've chosen "Two Horizons"...my first Moya album...I immediately adored it! :oops:
Image Image Image
Jvan
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Keiko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:54 pm

Hehe.. I think these topic has to be updated don't you think? :mrgreen:

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:55 pm

Keiko wrote:Hehe.. I think these topic has to be updated don't you think? :mrgreen:

Yes, there should be an update and the "Signature" album must be added to the poll. :D
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 pm

From this list, I would say TH..I love that album. :) It gives me goosebumps..my other would be Signature, but that's not listed.
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beldaran » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:18 am

irish at heart wrote:From this list, I would say TH..I love that album. :) It gives me goosebumps..my other would be Signature, but that's not listed.

Same here!!
TH is awesomw, but Singature is even a bit better! :D

Love,
Bel
A child is love made visible...
Beldaran

Moya's albums

Postby Calogero » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 am

I'm really surprised of the poll results, just a few prefer early stuff from Maíre and her Clannad collaboration. Only 2% of the voters..

Calo <><
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23)
Calogero

Postby Phantas » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:17 pm

LOl - I only just noticed that I mentioned Perfect Time to be Moya's worst album....and since I bought it I've been playing it more :P LOL - well, it also was about 6 years ago that I wrote that ...things have changed immensely since then.

At this point I would be hard pressed to choose, though I do love the immersing beauty of Two Horizons, but then I also love the acoustic nature of Signature. And I love the sisters singing on MIE!

Then Perfect Time and WTTWW - I still think WTTWW is a bit better, a bit more of a vibrant album, but then again PT is great for relaxing, letting yourself be immersed again by a sense of great faith and warm love.

and then there's Máire....it's really a nice album, but I'm glad she's grown out of the strict folky nature of the music. It sounds pretty dated but then I've also grown out of folk for the most part - it doesn't surprise or charm me as much as it did when I was younger.

Maybe my choice would go, now, in retrospect, to Two Horizons because I love it to bits and will never ever part from it.

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: Moya's albums

Postby Phantas » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Calogero wrote:I'm really surprised of the poll results, just a few prefer early stuff from Maíre and her Clannad collaboration. Only 2% of the voters..

Calo <><

I don't really count Clannad's work as being singularily by Moya...so it's not technically one of her albums. With Clannad there's a lot of contributions of the rest of the family involved, and thus the music is different.
But I love Clannad. I just keep them seperate which is my reason for not voting for it.
Clannad's style, to me, is more mysterious, more haunting and maybe even more naturally Irish, whereas Moya's music has a beautiful warmth and has a more worldly feeling about it. I mean, I can hear more than just Irish music in Moya's style, whereas there's a distinct Irishness in Clannad's music. It's not so much a spotlight style, but it's there, the melancholy and rain, and sometimes dreariness of life. Mystery as well, a pagan feeling. It has a more magical and otherworldly quality which is missing in Moya's music, but Moya has filled that gap with her faith, her hope, her happiness and vibrancy. :P

Gosh, I hope you can still make sense of this LOL!

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Although I love all of Moya's albums, Two horizons is my favorite.
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

moya

Postby Calogero » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Gosh, I hope you can still make sense of this LOL!

I'm telling you, you're quite gifted to make me discover all this music with its varied aspects. Congrats! I really like the way you describes music, really... :wink:

Calo <><
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23)
Calogero

Postby Brandy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 am

Signature is my favorite. When Signature was released in the US I had just had a baby girl and she had colic. Maire's voice was as soothing to my baby as it was to me.....Maire helped save my sanity during a stressful time.
Even now that my baby is 2 she still loves Maire's voice and it quiets her down when we are on long trips in the car.
Brandy

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 am

Brandy,it's great to hear that Moya's voice helped you and your baby during such a stressful time.She has a kind of ' healing' voice,it takes you away from the daily troubles. :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General