Moderator: All Moderators

Who did you hear of first?

Maire
21%
Clannad
79%

Total votes : 87

Postby Anya » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:55 pm

I heard of Enya first, then I heard of Clannad and then Maire. I soon found that Enya and Clannad were related.
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:38 am

Beldaran, you'll love TH. Personally, my favourite is Whisper to the Wild Water, but TH has a special place for me. The song Tara just blew me away and I NEED to go to the hill thereof and stand on there, watching the sun set on one side and the moon rise on the other, listening to the aforementioned track ...... :)

I probably heard Enya first, but didn't realise it was Enya. It was a friend called Paul from church who introduced me to Moya when he realised that I was into Clannad, but I know I'd heard Orinoco Flow some time before then without realising it was Enya.

It was shortly after that when I discovered that Moya and Enya are sisters.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Beldaran » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:46 pm

Angoid wrote:Beldaran, you'll love TH. Personally, my favourite is Whisper to the Wild Water, but TH has a special place for me. The song Tara just blew me away and I NEED to go to the hill thereof and stand on there, watching the sun set on one side and the moon rise on the other, listening to the aforementioned track ...... :)

Oh, you're too right!!
I DO love TH!! It's just awesome!! :D

My fav song's "Show me", but Tara's very very close behind.
It's very special to me, as it's so full of positive feelings, to me.
I do enjoy listening to it! :)

I just remembered that it could possibly even be that I heared Clannad first, as my uncle's a huge fan and had always played one or two CDs of them during one of these family-gatherings on Christmas or a birthday. :D

Love,
Bel
A child is love made visible...
Beldaran

Postby Dubhy63 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:49 am

I don't remember exactly when I heard of Clannad ,but it's many years ago.Máire was part of the band of course but only went solo at a later date,therefore I voted for Clannad. :)
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:41 pm

Beldaran wrote:Oh, you're too right!!
I DO love TH!! It's just awesome!! :D

Love,
Bel

I totally agree with you and i have said this many times before "TH is simply one of the best albums ever created". :mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Balazs » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Anya wrote:I heard of Enya first, then I heard of Clannad and then Maire.

This happened to me too!
Well I was younger then
Fond sweeter moments
No worries or cost
Not Guilty or lost
Never afraid to fly
Was never afraid to cry
/Gone are the Days /
Balazs

Postby lothlorien » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:08 pm

I can't recall who I heard first..
I grew up with this music and my dad used to play it (even before I was even born so :P) ..
But I think I got hooked up with Enya first.. after that Clannad (I didn't even knew back then Enya and Moya where sisters!)
and at the same time with Clannad Máire's solo CD..
~*Ba Deas Fadó*~
lothlorien
Enthusiastic Member

Postby lildee293 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Enya first (liked her but didn't exactly love her music). Clannad second, thanks to a Volkswaagen commercial here in the US back in the early 90's (love Clannad), then Moya (love Moya!) 8)
lildee293

Music

Postby Calogero » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:19 am

i was just wondering, which of Clannad, Enya and Maire did you hear of first?

Enya. In the 80's when she started to become famous with her "Orinoco flow" hit. Didn't know of Enya before, and nothing at all about Clannad or the existence of Moya..

Calo <><
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23)
Calogero

Postby Memory of Trees » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 pm

And who would you say you prefer in terms of music, Calogero? Maire or Enya? :)

I learned about Enya first, and then about 1 year after listening to Enya, I discovered who Maire was on Unity, Enya's forum. I still perfer Enya any day, but Maire's music is more "homey and comforting". :)
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby Cliona23 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:52 pm

I heard of Enya first, I remember hearing Carribean Blue in a TV program and loving the song so much I bought the albm Shepherd Moons the next day :).And then I heard about Clannad and started listening to that (An Diolaim was the first CD I bought) and a bit later I just saw Signature in a CD shop and picked it up because I liked Moya's voice...And then I became a fan :D
Come to the dark side...we have cookies...
Cliona23

Postby Brandy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 am

Hello :)
I first heard Maire when I was working in a music store while in High School. It was when Celtic music hit the USA pretty big and I was instantly a fan of Maire's music. Through research I found Clannad and to my surprise at the time, realized that Enya was a relative.....I had been an Enya fan for a bit, but never knew anything other than that she was Irish.

Brandy
Brandy

Previous

Return to General