6%
Maire
9%
Other (Clannad) album
2%

Total votes : 94

Postby Yvonne » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:29 pm

Hello everyone!

I realise that this is a very old post, but I thought it would be nice to start it up again (I don't know if that's correct English :mrgreen: ) because since then many new members, including myself, have joined the forum AND many people did not know Two Horizons yet at the time that this topic was started!

I voted for Two Horizons myself because I think it just IS her best album (SO FAR...). It was a bit of a difficult choice, though, because Perfect Time is the album that's closest to me emotionally..

And well, my favourite Moya album is usually the one I am listening to at that time :D ! Still, if I would have to choose, it would be TH.

I would really like to know what everyone's favourite is! (from what I 've read on the forum I expect that TH will be voted for most!)

Love,

Suzanne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Your favorite album of Moya :-))

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:58 pm

cantilena91 wrote:
Mike:-) wrote:Hi! :) Why don't we start getting to know each other by sharing our thoughts on Moya's albums :D My absolute fav' is Whisper To The Wild Water (mainly because it was the first album of Moya in my collection and I instantly loved it :D ).

Mine is Whisper as well, although I also have almost all Clannad albums (and that Banba is one of my Clannad favourites), haven't got the new Two Horizons yet!

Suvi

Now that having so far all Moya albums, each of them does have good and not so good songs, so it has become harder to decide my favourite anymore!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:26 pm

Two Horizons is definitely the best album, without a doubt. Which is unusual considering most critics say an artist's first album is usually the best :D
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Daragh » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:09 pm

Hi Guys

It's been a while...I hope you are all well. You have all been busy with a lot of different topics, I've dropped in and out from time to time but haven't had time to write anything. Fatherhood is a busy place indeed. Little Eoin is doing fab...He is five months and growing like a weed.

Two Horizons has to be Moya's best work yet. I think she has really found something here that is special. Moya has demonstrated a story telling ability that I'm not sure we have seen to this extent before now. I'm a real fan of concept albums so this one is right up my street. I love the mix of musical styles. My first listening I didn't know what was coming next. I think the Jakatta mix at the end is a great finale and makes you want to listen to it all over again.

Perfect Time is a close second. Moya has exposed a part of her soul to us and shown us how her life has been affected by her encounter with her heavenly Father.

Gone again...Daragh
Last edited by Daragh on Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daragh

Postby Annika » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:56 pm

No doubt. Two Horizons is my favourite as well :)
Climbing high just to feel free
Dreaming of love everywhere
Annika

Postby Omenvoir » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:16 am

I just bought "Two Horizons", and it's brilliant! The greatest aspect of this new album IMO is how strong of a theme the album has, tonally and lyrically. I love how the music even follows a set progression. There is a good possibility this will eventually become my overall favorite... but until then, I'm inclined to vote for:

Misty Eyed Adventures. That album just had such a diverse canvas of sonic tonality that was never really matched after that. From the raw, powerful "Heroes" to the airy and ethereal "A Place Among the Stones" to the cover of "Big Yellow Taxi", there is simply not a weak song on this album.

That doesn't take away from the quality of the other ablums - I really admired Maire for boldly stepping out into the Christian music scene with "Perfect Time" and "Whisper To the Wild Water" in particular - but Misty Eyed Adventures was really the album that made me a true "fan".
Omenvoir

Postby vze5c8p9 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:50 am

Although I have many Clannad cd's in my collection, I have only seen Perfect Time and Two Horizons, both of which I immediately purchassed. Although I am partial to the lyrics of Perfect Time, I love story albums, and the musicality of Two Horizons is, in my oppinion, of a slightly higher level, and lyrically, it is quite good, thus Two Horizons got my vote. Now that I know of more Moya discs, I will most definitely seek them out! One question: On all of the Clannad discs, and on Perfect Time, Moya Brennan is listed on the album cover and credits as, "Maire Brennan", rather than Moya. Why is that?
If you are rich, or if you are poor, there is no difference. It's still in what what you're fighting for.
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
vze5c8p9

Postby gregoing » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:08 pm

vze5c8p9 wrote:...On all of the Clannad discs, and on Perfect Time, Moya Brennan is listed on the album cover and credits as, "Maire Brennan", rather than Moya. Why is that?

Hi there, and welcome to the forums! A few years ago, after Perfect Time and the Clannad albums were released, Máire decided to change her name to Moya because of much misspelling and mispronunciation. Even one lady I met recently thought Marie, Máire, and Moya Brennan were sisters! If you want to read Moya's message about why she changed her name, go to moyabrennan.com, click on News, and then on Latest News. It's in the yellow section at the top.

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby mise » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:49 pm

Well I really can't cast a vote here. I can't say there is one album I love more than the other. Or it must be my own Moya-compilation :D . Every album carries a few songs or tunes I cherish. So what can you do?
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Grania » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:01 pm

I can hardly decide - but oddly enough I was thinking about this this morning!

I haven't voted (yet) for this reason:

Whisper To The Wild Water is my favourite, I think, because it means a lot to me, but I don't think Perfect Time (which, I only got yesterday) has a weak track on it; so I can't decide between the two. :oops:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Eternal_Silence » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:38 pm

Whisper To The Wild Water is my favourite.
I don't have Misty Eyed Adventures :oops:

Marlies
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:56 pm

I LOVE WHIPER TO THE WILD WATER & TWO HORIZONS!.

:D :mrgreen: :D

MOYA RULES!.
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby richard » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:06 pm

i think two horizons is the best album moya has done yet!, maybe next year's new solo cd might be even better than TW?.
Richard.
richard

Postby the whistleplayer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:45 pm

Hey, I just discovered that I hadn't voted in this poll yet :mrgreen:
WHISPER TO THE WILD WATER RULES! :mrgreen: (sorry Andy, you can take your fingers out of your ears now)
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer

Postby nessieq » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:15 pm

i haven't voted either! whoops!
mine's TH, it's simply immense. i love it.
nq.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

PreviousNext

Return to General