What kind of music person are you?

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

How musically adventurous are you?

I listen to all types of music and i usually find and investigate new artists very often!
16%
I listen to certain types/genre's of music only, but always look for new artists/Music within these certain areas/genre's of music!
60%
I listen to certain types/genre's of music only, and rarely go looking for new artists or new music of a similar genre/type!
24%
I listen to anything and everything! but i don't bother looking for new artists or music!
No votes

Total votes : 25

What kind of music person are you?

Postby Nigel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:04 pm

Do you listen to all types/Genre's of music?
Do you usually listen to artists that are similar to the kind of music you like?
Do you listen to only a certain type of music and then find similar new artists?
What do you look for in your taste of music?
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:06 pm

I've voted in the second category, but I'm mid way between that and the first one.

I find that most of what I listen to comes 'out of Ireland', but it's not all the same genre - far from it in a few cases :D I don't set out to find new artists, but if I do I'm happy :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Phantas » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:13 pm

I do listen to a lot of different styles of music, and always enjoy finding (one way or another) new artists that interest me (at that point in time at the least).

I may or may not always actively search for new artists, but usually it comes blowing my way :lol:

so, 2nd one for me too ;)

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:20 pm

I voted for option 3:
I listen to certain types/genre's of music only, and rarely go looking for new artists or new music of a similar genre/type

Often, a new artist will come my way after mentioning one of my favourites to a friend who then say, "Have you heard of <x>?"
That's how I discovered Moya's solo work, to be fair!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:39 pm

I'm also belonging to the second category of this poll, I think my musical taste covers mainly melodic and peaceful music because I am a tranquil person myself!!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:19 pm

I do listen to different kinds of music and I have some favourite artists and groups whose music I listen to most. Nevertheless, I always watch out for something new. :)
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Grania wrote:I've voted in the second category, but I'm mid way between that and the first one.

I find that most of what I listen to comes 'out of Ireland', but it's not all the same genre - far from it in a few cases :D I don't set out to find new artists, but if I do I'm happy :)

I'm in the same as you,though I've chosen the first. I'm not sticking to Celtic or Irish music so..:P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:16 pm

I voted for the first but I'm somewhat between one and two- i do love irish music and acoustic stuff, but whilst i like looking for that stuff i also listen to anything and everything that comes my way. I'd like to think im unprejudiced in my musical taste and will try everything at least once!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Methica » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:19 pm

nessieq wrote:I voted for the first but I'm somewhat between one and two- i do love irish music and acoustic stuff, but whilst i like looking for that stuff i also listen to anything and everything that comes my way. I'd like to think im unprejudiced in my musical taste and will try everything at least once!
Éxactly what I wanted too say.. :P It'S hard to explain some things if you'Re not a foreign speaker.. :P You said exactly what I mean Ness... :D
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:47 pm

I LOVE NEW AGE AND CELTIC MUSIC, AND THAT IS WHAT I STICK TO. AND I STICK TO ARTISTS IN THOSE GENRES!!
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Anya » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:53 am

I listen to different types of music but I do have my favorites like celtic, new age and some pop. I'm not fond of country except for a couple of artists. I do like some classical as well.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:11 am

I voted "I listen to certain types/genre's of music only, and rarely go looking for new artists or new music of a similar genre/type!" but I would have to edit that a bit.... It's not certain types of music so much as certain artist... I listen to Enya, Moya (of coruse), Josh Groban (bet ya didn't know that!!), Michael Bolton, Sting and Kylie Minogue.... I guess the only likeness you could say with most of them is that they are relaxing (well, Kylie's a bit more dance music).... but that's all I listen to.... Oh! I take that back... 2 of my newest favorites are a violinist named Lucia Micarelli (who is AMAZING!!! She plays like hard rock on the violin... no vocals except on one song) and a singer/songwriter named Zachary Provost.

I'm a person who fears chage for any reason at all so new music is a big no-no for me LOL
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:17 am

I read the choices and I went with "I listen to certain types/genres of music only, and rarely go looking for new artists or new music of a similar genre/type" because I really don't go looking for new artists, I stick with who I've listened to for years. :)
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:48 pm

I like to search for new artist and music. But I don't search music in every possible genre. It's not only moya-like music I listen to

@Nigel: Nice banner and avatar you have. The picture you use as a banner is one of my favourites ever seen in a photoshoot :) I just love Sarah's 'harem' shoot :D
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:56 pm

I voted for this one:I listen to all types of music and i usually find and investigate new artists very often!

I listen to anything I like, I don't care what genre it is (though I have some genres I usually don't like of course, like Country...>____>).
I often find new artists, mostly by accident. I don't go look for them intensively. I do prefer certain genres of course ^ ^ I guess I'm more the rocky type, but as I said, anything I like will do, no matter what genre it is =) And I love to share music, as some people might know 8D

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to Rattle Bag