YES!!!
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 33

New Clannad album in 2005?

Postby Banba Óir » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:38 pm

New Clannad album on the way!

It looks as if there's gonna be a new album of Clannad in the near future, i guess it will be released in 2005. Why? I've collected some quotes from the bands singer Moya Brennan and some other reasons. Here we go:

Moya interviewed by World Music Central
Moya is often asked whether Clannad is still an ongoing prospect. “The band still exists, even though we've taken time out” she stresses. “There's still stuff to be done there.”

Moya interviewed by BBC, May 2, 2004
However, the group is planning to come together in the next 18 months to record a long-awaited new album. + "We're now talking about going into the studio to do an album. "The next one will be very interesting, but there'll be a couple of surprises as well."

From forum www.clannad.ie
However, Ciaran has not been around for a couple of weeks ........ as Clannad are in England recording !!!!!!! He told me a few things about the album before he left. Sounds like it will be the best yet.

From www.folkforum.nl (free translation)
Moya talking about her family and how happy she feels when they are together again. In that positive atmosphere the idea was born to release a new Clannad album. Moya:" Everyone says that Clannad does not exist anymore, but a family lives on forever. Our last album was great succes, a new album will not be made for having succes, but for the joy we have making it"

Sunday Independent LIFE august 15th 2004
And there's a new Clannad album in the offning:”We hope to have the next album within 18 months. It's going to be very exciting because of all the different influences - we've all been doing our own thing in between.”

From Clannads website www.clannad.ie:
Details are not finalised yet but plans are in motion for a new Clannad album to be recorded in 2004. This will be their 18th album and they want to make it the best yet!

In 2005 Clannad does exist 35 years as a band. It's my guess, that this birthday is a good reason for the new album and perhaps also for the release of the "Lore" livealbum. The latest rumour is that here have been some contractual problems to be resolved.
On the website of Clannads management, www.mdm.ie you can read (since 2002) a message that Clannad is working on a live album for release later this year. The album contains tracks recorded during the 1996 Lore-tour.

Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but time will tell.

regards from Ed,
webmaster of Ed's Clannad page at www.clannad.nl and the Moya Brennan pages at www.clannad.nl/indexmb.html
Banba Óir

Postby noodle » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:19 pm

*crosses fingers*
noodle :)
noodle
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:06 pm

well, Ed, if al your quotations are anything to go by ( and i do believe they are) it looks like there may well be a new clannad album! woohoo!
i sure hope so.
nessieq.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Looks likely...

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:20 am

Yeah, I believe in the release of the next Clannad album sooner or later, I have already fingers crossed and thumbs up!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Fingers crossed?...I should say so!

Postby Grania » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:53 pm

Fingers and and toes and anything else you like (with in reason, obviously) crossed for the release of these two albums. Then a SERIOUS celebration would be in order :!: :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby skippy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:48 pm

I will cross anything I can still bend at my age.

It would be the most amazing treat; imagine if there was a DVD too? We can dream anyway. I still have a couple of Clannad albums to collect anyway so one way or another I can get something new :)

I just cannot stop listening to Lore, it is such a timeless album - and so many beautiful relaxing songs that make you feel at peace with yourself :)
skippy
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:20 am

Let me make some predictions:

The new album is going to feature a return to the Bardic/Renaissance style, e.g. "Together We".

New personnel will be added, possibly including Triona Ni Dhomhnaill on keyboards (esp. harpsichord). "Broken Pieces" remix, anyone? :mrgreen:

Pol will re-join! :D :D (I hope I'm right on this one!)
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/894/index.php

Dieu de service, et Dieu seulement.
Jim
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby nancykrijnen » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:22 pm

Please!!!!!!!!!

It's so long ago since Clannad made a new album. I've listend to Two Horizons so many times that I need something new and I can't wait till Clannad makes a new album. I keep my fingers crossed.

Nancy
nancykrijnen
Enthusiastic Member

Postby richard » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:17 pm

i sure hope that clannad make a comeback in 2005!. and there is another moya solo cd in the pipe line as well!.

:D
:P :mrgreen:
Richard.
richard

Postby nancykrijnen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:50 am

A new Moya album???? :lol: :D :D :D

Great!

Nancy
nancykrijnen
Enthusiastic Member

Postby richard » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:13 pm

BELOW IS WHAT MOYA SAID, IT IS TAKEN FROM PAGE 5 OF THE TOPIC MOYA'S TELL ME NOW COMPITITION

I'm going to start on another album in November in my studio. I'm very excited about it and its going to as much a surprise to me as it is to you. I like going in with a blank canvass and experimenting
Richard.
richard

Postby nessieq » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:26 pm

well, richard, if it's anywhere near as surprising as TH was, i can't wait!
nq.
nessieq

Postby AndyPandy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:34 pm

I do hope so! 8)

Surprise releases are great too, the only announcement should be "Its out tomorrow!" the day before its release.
Last edited by AndyPandy on Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:39 pm

LOL
that's such a cool idea. if ever i become a famous artist (which i fully intend to... :lol: ) i will release at least one album like that, just for the sheer sake of it, and on the inside cover shall be written "this one's for andy!!").
:lol: :lol: :lol:
nessieq.
nessieq

Postby Banba Óir » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:15 pm

Hi all,

You're right, there will be a new Moya album soon. I've spoken Moya around her concert in Amersfoort/ de Flint during the Holland concerttour. She confirmed that she will start recording a new album soon to be relaesed in the beginning of 2005. She also confirmed the news about Clannad including Pól, getting together again to record a new album, recording will be started at the beginning of 2005. I've put a transcript of the conversation i had with Moya on my website, including concertpics. Follow the link to Holland 2004 on the Moya part of my website.

regards
Ed

webmaster of Ed's Clannad page at www.clannad.nl and
the Moya Brennan pages at www.clannad.nl/indexmb.html
Banba Óir

Next

Return to Clannad