New Message Board Faerie Tale - A Night at the Music Hall

Got a forum-game you'd like to play or a story you'd like to create or share? This is the place for it! Please do check to make sure we're not already playing the game you have in mind before starting a new thread for it.

Moderator: All Moderators

New Message Board Faerie Tale - A Night at the Music Hall

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:47 am

(Note: In case you're wondering how this works, each person who contributes adds a paragraph or two, and we see how the story goes.) :wink:

Have any of you seen A Night at the Museum? Well, this is:

A NIGHT AT THE MUSIC HALL

Nessie stepped out of the dressing room, wearing her new security uniform. How she ended up here, she didn't know. She had been in search of a summer job to make a little money to squirrel away for college, but she was hoping for something in women's clothing, preferably a dress designer like Ciaran Sweeney. Failing that, she decided on something connected with her second love - music. The next thing she knew, she was told of a night security position at the Music Hall, and had signed on the dotted line.

She approached the director of the Music Hall, a man named Barry that everyone called 'Wonky Eggs', or simply 'Wonky'.

"How do I look?" she asked him.

"Splendid," he replied, "Are you ready to get to work?"

"Oh, anytime," she said.

"Before you get started, perhaps I should warn you of the 'activity' that happens here every night."

"What kind of activity?

Wonky chuckled. "You'll see." :lol:

Nessie wasn't sure whether she should look forward to or fear the 'activity'.

"Here is the instruction manual," said Wonky, handing Nessie a stack of papers, "Have a nice night." With that, he walked out the front door and turned out the light.

Nessie retreated to a desk in the corner of the lobby, where she had secreted a book of Sudoku puzzles to work on if she got bored, which apparently would be commonplace in an empty music hall for ten hours a night.

She was only halfway through the first puzzle when her imagination started playing tricks on her. She thought she saw a shadowy figure pass through the hallway between the dressing rooms and the main concert hall. She looked around, feeling somewhat unnerved, but saw no further activity, and returned to her puzzle.

Suddenly, the P.A. system crackled to life. A commanding voice boomed throughout the facility:

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE. THE CONCERT BEGINS AT MIDNIGHT. I REPEAT, THE CONCERT BEGINS AT MIDNIGHT!

Nessie about fell out of her chair. She looked at the performance schedule on the wall, but there was no midnight concert schedule for tonight, or for that matter, any night. Thinking Wonky had stayed behind to wind her up, she ran toward the auditorium, hoping to catch him at his trickery.

What she saw was even weirder than she had figured. A small cat with a bullhorn stood upon the stage.

"Who do you think you are, funny man, or should I say funny cat?" called Nessie.

"I'm the Gooble Funk," replied the cat, "but you can just call me 'Goob'."

"Okay then, Goob, explain to me your announcement."

"It's actually quite simple," Goob replied, "Every night at midnight, the Ghost Orchestra plays a concert, and all of the mythical creatures come to life until the break of dawn."

Nessie just stood there, looking somewhat gobsmacked. A thousand thoughts raced through her mind before just one took the checkered flag.

"Now wait a minute," said Nessie, "Aren't you a mythical creature? If so, why don't you wait until the Ghost Orchestra starts playing to come to life?"

"Remember, you invented me," replied Goob, "so although I'm a mythical creature to others, I'm not one to you."

"Interesting," replied Nessie, "Why don't I meet you back here at midnight for the concert, but first I need to go back to the dressing room and take a shower."

"Sounds good, I'll see you then," said Goob.

Nessie stepped into the shower and turned on the water. After the water warmed up, she noticed it smelled like chicken. She immediately shut off the water and removed the shower head, revealing the problem. Someone had placed bouillon cubes in the shower head.

"Hey!" she yelled, "Who did this?" She thought she could hear tittering in the next room. She stepped out of the shower and turned to the first page of Wonky's instruction sheet. This is what it said:

WARNING: THE GOOBLE FUNK IS QUITE A PRANKSTER
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/894/index.php

Dieu de service, et Dieu seulement.
Jim
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:07 am

:lol: That's quite an act to follow Jim.

Nessie stared at the paper.

"Oh great," she muttered to herself, "I'm stuck in a music hall with a mythical prankster, awaiting on a ghostly orchestra. What next?" She turned the page.

THE STATUE IN THE GALLERY CORRIDOR KNOWS THE ROPES

Cautiously, listening all the time for more noises, Nessie made her way up the stairs and into the corridor that led to the boxes and the gallery. Standing about half way along was the statue of a girl in a long dress with beautiful swirling patterns.
"I take it Wonky means you then..." Nessie said, and reached out to touch the patterns on the carved material.
"Gorgeous isn't it?" The statue said, looking down at Nessie who looked up. The statue smiled.
"I'm Grania, but you can call me G - I come to life during the night and try to foil the Gooble Funk in his pranks - I don't like cats much, let alone ones with horns. Come on, I'll give you a hand."
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Ardens » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:50 am

Nessie felt slightly insecure. On the one hand, Grania seemed to be a very nice person, but on the other hand she wasn't used to talking to statues.

"How can it be possible that you can talk to me?", she asked.

"Well, how can it be possible that you can talk to me?" :D

"Mhh...maybe I'm crazy...", Nessie wondered and sang "Bacach Shíle Andaí" backwards to be sure that nothing was wrong with her. But everything seemed to be allright.

"I could show you some interesting corners in this music hall. Corners no human eye has ever seen before.", Grania offered.

"OK, that's fine.", Nessie replied. A tour through the backstage area would certainly more interesting than another Sudoku puzzle.
With a cracking sound, Grania descended from the plinth. Somewhere in the distance, the silent sound of a harp rang.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:47 pm

"If you can sing that backwards, I'd say you're crazy." She said with a wink, and she began to walk down the corridor, leaving a trail of dusty footprints behind her.

"Who are you?" Nessie was still feeling a bit disorientated. Grania smiled.
"Who am I? That's something you'll have to find out for yourself. The night reveals its secrets to those who are perceptive enough to see them...and wait for them."
With this cryptic reply she led Nessie into one of the boxes. The sight that met them both made Nessie's jaw drop....

dun dun duuun :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:04 pm

"Would you look at that!" Nessie exclaimed, "That harp is playing itself."

Soon she could hear the sound of a G, then a D, then an A, and finally an E. She could tell that the violins were being tuned. The clock on the wall showed 11:57. Only three minutes until showtime.

"I need to show you something," said G, "Follow me to the roof."

"What's up there?" asked Nessie.

"OK, I'll give you a hint. The first piece the Ghost Orchestra plays is always The Firebird Suite."

"This should be interesting," thought Nessie to herself as they climbed their way up a ladder to a small platform, where there was a door that opened onto the roof.

From there, they had a great view of the harbor. The moon was full and directly overhead, and the water was calm and seemed to glow with a ghostly white mist.

Nessie looked at her watch. 11:59. Only one minute to go.

"OK, Nessie, keep your eye on the end of that long quay on the left," said G.

Nessie did as instructed. Suddenly, they could feel the roof vibrate beneath their feet as the first swelling strains of The Firebird Suite exploded into the cool night air. At the end of the quay they could see a small spark, as if someone had struck a match. Gradually, it became larger and brighter until it began to swirl and dance. As the flames gyrated around each other, it began to take the shape of a bird. Nessie and G clapped and cheered as the bird took flight and soared overhead.

"WOW!" exclaimed Nessie, "It's a phoenix!"

Nessie stood staring as the phoenix circled above them.

"C'mon," said G, "You have to go back down. You can't miss the rest of the concert."

As they returned to the gallery, they could see that quite an assemblage of mythical creatures was there. But Goob was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Goob?" asked Nessie, fearing yet another prank.

"Oh, he never stays for the concert. He usually goes to Leo's and has pints with the gargoyles, Bartley and Leon." (sorry, guys) :wink:

"One more thing," G started.

"What's that?" asked Nessie.

"If you're looking for a date to the concert, forget the selkie. He's good-looking, but he knows he is. A better bet would be the manticore or the lycanthrope. They're ugly, but they're real sweethearts."

"Thanks for the tip," said Nessie, once again opening the instruction booklet. The next page was simply a setlist for the concert, but in the fine print at the bottom of the page was written:

Important: Turn to the next page.

She did as instructed. The following was written:

THE CENTAUR REALLY NEEDS TO TALK TO YOU AFTER THE CONCERT!

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:39 am

But the concert was far from over, and G needed to return to her post in the hallway, so Nessie searched the floor of the auditorium for an empty seat.

She spied one between the manticore and the will-o-the-wisp. Tentatively, she approached the empty seat.

"Is this seat taken?" she asked.

"No, not at all," replied the manticore, smiling through his three rows of razor-sharp teeth, "Please sit down, young lady."

"My name is Nessie," she said.

"My name's Ian. Nice to meet you," replied the manticore, extending a paw. Nessie shook it.

"You seem to be very nice," said Nessie, "but I heard you hunt humans."

"Horsefeathers!" replied the Manticore, who caught himself and said, "No offense, Roy."

"None taken," replied the pegasus.

"There's one thing they say is true about me that I must warn you about, though," the manticore continued, "Whatever you do, please don't touch the tip of my tail. Those spines are deadly."

Nessie enjoyed the rest of the concert, watching in awe as instruments seemingly floated through the air, playing themselves. When the lights came back on, she left her seat in search of the centaur.

Jim

Postby Ardens » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:11 pm

Suddenly, she heard a rumble. "What's that?", she wondered and turned around to see where the noise came from. But no-one was there. The audience had left the room and she was alone amid the empty seats.
"Rumble!" This time Nessie realized where the sound came from: It was her own stomach. She realized that she hadn't eaten anything for hours. But maybe there would be snacks in the foyer...
She walked back through the long hall, but as she arrived at the foyer, the tables were empty and not even a glass of sparkling was there. Nessie went back into the dressing room and opened the fridge, hoping that there would be some orange juice or yoghurt.

"Miaow!"

A furry creature jumped out of the fridge and put its claws into Nessie's uniform. She stumbled back and tried to get rid of the wild animal, but it's sparkling eyes stared at her angrily and it seemed to be determined to stay where it was.

"Goob, what are you doing?", she shouted angrily.

"Sorry, I thought was were someone else!", the cat answered and jumped down.

"Have you seen the centaur? I'm looking for him."

Goob frowned. If Nessie had seen the skin under his dark fur, she would have noticed that it had turned pale like wheat flour.

"What's wrong with you?", Nessie asked.

"Don't mention the centaur in my presence!", Goob cried fearfully and hid his face behind his paws.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Another voice came from the other side of the room. "The centaur's a she, and I can't believe Goob is so scared of her." It was Bartley the gargoyle.

Nessie had taken beginning psychology, so it didn't take her long to determine that Goob was emotionally conflicted, probably brought on by too many pints at the pub. "Why are you guys back so soon?" she asked.

"We got thrown out of Leo's," answered Leon, the other gargoyle.

"Just because you were trying to convince everyone there that was your picture on the J-Tull Dot Com album cover," Goob retorted.

Bartley began tittering. "Actually, it's because Baba got up to play the piano, and when she started, no sound came out because Goob had laid a tablecloth over the wires."

"You just can't stay away from the pranks, can you, Goob?" said Nessie, "Bartley, Leon, you guys had better get back to the roof. The sun's about to come up. Now, Goob, tell me how you really feel about the Centaur."

As Bartley and Leon returned to the roof, Goob began to open up to Nessie. "I really don't know why I'm so scared of her. That awesome smile, that silky mane, and she's a fine fiddle player to boot, I mean, what's not to like about her. I'll admit I'm actually kind of taken with her. I guess I feel - you know - intimidated."

"What's her name?" asked Nessie.

"Sinead," answered Goob. (sorry, Ms. Madden) :oops:

"Just remember, faint heart never won fair lady," said Nessie.

"OK, I'll try to remember that," said Goob.

There was a knock on the door. Goob went and cowered behind the uniform rack. "Come in," said Nessie.

The centaur entered the room. "G and Ian said I could find you here. My name is Sinead, and you must be Nessie."

"That is correct."

"Nice to meet you, but I came to warn you."

"About what?" asked Nessie.

"You must tell nobody, not even your parents, what happens here at midnight."

"You have my word, Sinead. I won't."

"The sun's coming up, so I guess I'll see you again tonight. Slan abhaile."

"Slan abhaile," said Nessie. A ray of sunlight came through the window, and Sinead disappeared. She looked behind the uniform rack, and Goob had also disappeared. She hung up her uniform, punched out her time card, and stepped outside into the cool morning air, still clutching the precious instruction booklet. She looked up to the roof, and there sat Bartley and Leon at each corner, sitting perfectly still as if carved into stone.

Nessie once again open the booklet and turned the page. It said:

MIKE'S DELICATESSEN ACROSS THE STREET HAS AWESOME SANDWICHES

Jim

Postby Grania » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:25 pm

:lol: Come on people, this can't end here!!

Nessie munched her sandwich on the way home, wondering if what had happened was in fact all some kind of fantastic dream. Tonight's shift, she would have to ask Wonky, or maybe just wait and see what happened.
She wondered who she could ask....and what questions. 'Why is this place like this', 'what is the enchantment'? Were the first questions that sprang to mind...and why had Sinéad the centaur been so anxious to talk to her - not about that one thing, surely? Maybe Grania could answer her questions.....there was definitely more about that place to be discovered.......

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:20 am

And she had to admit she was beginning to feel an emotional attachment to everyone she had met the previous night. The Gooble Funk, despite his incessant practical joking, was no liar, and she actually found him very easy to talk to. His friends the gargoyles were kind of cute, too. She hadn't much of a chance to talk to the centaur, but felt like she might become a good friend as well. And she felt an almost immediate kinship with G.

But the main conflict between emotion and logic in her mind had to do with the manticore. She had caught him stealing glances at her several times during the concert, and she had to admit that she was somewhat smitten with him. He was witty, charming, and very sweet. However, even incidental contact with one of those toxic tail-spines would mean certain death. :shock:

"Sometimes, you just have to live dangerously," she thought to herself as she eased open the front door of her parents' house.

"How was your first night at work?" Nessie's mother asked.

"Well, I guess you could say it was interesting," she replied.

"You want to tell us about it?"

"Maybe later. I need to get some sleep," she answered as she entered her bedroom.

"Okay, then, goodnight, or should I say 'good morning'," replied her mother.

As she drifted off to sleep, Nessie thought again about Sinead's warning. You must tell nobody what happens here at midnight. But the more she thought about it, the more it occurred to her that Sinead had left a loophole in her warning big enough to fly a jet airliner through.

What if I show someone what happens at midnight? :wink:

Jim

Postby Methica » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:50 pm

Nessie got an idea... The concerthall, doens't it have securitycamera's? I think it does, she thought right after it!
Ness fell asleep, and started to plan her plan in her dream. She opened her eyes, and she was in the cocnerthall! How weird was it., I must be asleep she said. Huh, she didn't hear anything. She said "hello?", and heard nothing again!
Weird, she though, but she could hear that!
"I msut be dreaming" she though, and heard it out loud! "I must be dreaming she said", and heard nothing.
She pinched herself in her arm, to see if she was asleep. She felt no pain, it was the same feeling as a feather touching your skin gently.

What is going on she thought out loud.
And then she heard a voice, it was just a slight whisper, but just enough to hear...

"Follow the shades, follow the shades..."

And so Nessie did. She followed the small line of shades and noticed it lead to the stage. She looked on her arm to see what time it was, and she noticed it to be 11.58 pm! Weird she thought, since she fell asleep around 3 am.

She heared the voice whispereing again!

She looked to the stage, and saw shades there too! They was turning circles, and getting higher... Slowly she shades became one shade, growing to be to the sam ehight a normal person would be. How black the shades may be, Nessie was sure she saw a lot of white in the shades...
Suddenly a slight wind blew towards the shade. The slowly flew away, and a mysterious person appeared, curled hair, tanned skin with big brown eyes.

"Hello Nessie, Welcome to my world" he said(It' a he!)
"Who are you, and how come that you know my name?"
The person smiled, "Don't you recognize me? It's me, you know me, just think hard!

"Mm.... I dunno, but I do see something in you that I know, or that I remember from something"
"You're remembereing me, good" he said. "Well, to help you, I am Methica. I am the guardian of all the creatures that come here ion midnight. I have to warn you, don't tell anyone about the thing you see here, like Sinead said, but don't even show them! There can happen some things to those who tell..."
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:14 am

"What, for example?" asked Nessie.

Methica's eyes grew intense. "The curse of the long thread." :shock:

"The curse of the long thread? What's that?"

"I will let Sinead explain it to you. She's much more an expert on this subject than myself," Methica answered.

"Now wait a minute," said Nessie, "Surely someone has to know about these goings-on. You know, like the phoenix, or like Goob and the gargoyles going to Leo's for pints."

"I've already followed up on this," said Methica, "Everybody thinks the phoenix was just an airplane or a meteor or something like that. As for the Gooble Funk and the gargoyles, Leo and his customers still think it's just two short men in trenchcoats with bandannas on their heads, and their pet cat. So rest assured the word isn't already out."

"That's good to know," said Nessie, anything else?"

"Yes, at the Friday night / Saturday morning concert, Ian the manticore is scheduled to announce his engagement to Bridin the gryphon." Nessie's heart sank.

When the alarm went off, Nessie knew she had been crying in her sleep because her pillow was soaking wet. What a tragic thing it was to find the love of your life, then lose him within just a single day. She slipped the instruction booklet out from beneath her mattress and turned to the next page:

HUMANS BELONG WITH OTHER HUMANS, AND MYTHICAL CREATURES WITH OTHER MYTHICAL CREATURES. THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

And the next:

BRIDIN WILL ASK YOU TO BE HER MAID OF HONOR. PLEASE SAY YES.

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:58 am

Nessie showered, grabbed the instruction booklet, and headed out the door to her second night on the job.

As she took her seat on the city bus, she once again opened the booklet. Written on the first page was:

COME TO THE BASEMENT AS SOON AS YOU GET HERE!

-Methica

She flipped to the next page, only to find the same message. Flipping through the entire booklet, every page contained the same instruction.

"What on earth is going on?" thought Nessie to herself. Had someone surreptitiously slipped her a new instruction book while she was in the shower? No, that couldn't be, especially since Goob didn't know where she lived - at least as far as she knew. The other possibility was even scarier. Perhaps this was an enchanted booklet, rewriting itself in accordance to rapidly-changing events. In either case, Methica really, really wanted to tell her something, as it was written on every page so she couldn't possibly miss it.

As she stepped off the bus in front of the Music Hall, she noticed something amiss with the building itself. Staring at the roof, she soon figured it out. Bartley and Leon were no longer there.

Nessie ran into the building, grabbing her time card from the front desk before running down the stairs into the basement. As she approached the end of the basement hallway, a bearded man opened a door on the left side and motioned for her to enter. In the basement's half-light, as she got closer to the bearded man, she could see that he was no man at all, but a lycanthrope.

"We've been waiting for you," said Wonky in a curt tone of voice as he shoved Nessie into a nearby chair. The tension in the air was almost thick enough to cut with a knife. The usually jovial Goob was pacing nervously. Roy the pegasus stood nearby, his wings twitching. The phoenix in the corner glowed an angry bright red. Grania the galatea, Pol the unicorn, Ian the manticore, Sinead the centaur, Noel the faun, Bridin the gryphon, and Marlies the manga were all there, but who was missing?

"Why are the gargoyles not here?" asked Nessie.

"We were hoping you could tell us," answered Methica, "Who have you been talking to?"

"Nobody, I swear!" exclaimed Nessie.

"The reason we're asking," explained Methica, "is that I think we've been outed."

"I swear it's the Association. I swear it's the Association," said Goob over and over.

"Aren't they the band that recorded Along Comes Mary and Windy?" asked the faun.

"Noel, why did you have to choose now to be a smart-aleck?" retorted Goob, "The Association is a group of dishonest promoters who make money by securing an advance to do a show at a certain venue, then the show never happens."

The phone rang. "Put it on speaker," said Ian.

"Hello," said Wonky.

"Enough with the chit-chat," said an obviously disguised voice on the other end. "We have two of your friends here. You know, two little short guys? I think their names are Bartley and Leon. They're going to be worth at least five thousand euros to us. In other words, either you bring us the cash, or your friends' pictures get plastered all over billboards for our next, you know, show. Of course, once we've got their pictures, we have no further use for them. At least, no further use alive. Have a nice day." Then the phone went dead.

"It's them," said Goob.

"So what are we going to do?" asked Nessie, "If we all go out in public, the Curse of the Long Thread will be over all over us."

"Never mind the curse," said Sinead, "we've got friends that need our help."

Jim

Postby Methica » Mon May 07, 2007 2:44 pm

A sudden vibration in the air announced the awaiting of another creature.
Methica was the first to notice the odd feeling, soon followed by the rest. Only Nessie appeared to be the only one who couldn't feel what was going on.

"Everyone hide", Methica whispered. Within seconds everyone but Nessie was hiding, leaving Nessie alone in the room. IT didn't take long before Ness got the hint, get away and hide. ther eis a creature coming.
Ness ran away to hide begind a big box. Just a few seconds after she disappeared from sight something started to appear in the room.

The vibration, getting stronger was getting visible now. Alsmost like seeing hot air rising. Nessie saw a betetr hidingplace, having enough shelter and a good place to see what was going on. She crawled to her new place. From there she could, ofcourse see what was going on. If she closed her eyes a bit she could see some creatures she didn't see when her eyes wide open. She kuckily enough knew sho those creatures were. Methica, Good and the others....

Now a slight gust appeared in the room, creating a small vortex from dust, upwards toi the ceiling. The dust soon feel and a black, complelty dark, but small tornado was spinning in the room.

Where did she know that appearance from? She saw it before, but where and from who?
Then she remembered, that was the same appearance Methica had on stage... So Nessie started to predict what would happen. First black, then bit of white withing when completly white and bright with the welcoming of someone new.

Everything she thought would happen happened. From black to black with white to white wo someone new.

A girl stepped out of the vortex, blue eyes, blond hair, and a white dress... The dress gave a feeling that she had wings, weird because according to Nessie Methica had no such thing.

The white gril looked around. She pointed at some places where all of the sudden Goob appeared, together with his friends. Only Methica remained invisible.
Now she pointed towards Nessie, and Nessie floated untill she was fully visible...

"Hello Nessie..." she said. "Have you seen my brother?"

"your brother, who is your brother?" Nessie reacted. "Methica ofcourse. We're not related by blood, but since we are angels we don't have too"

A flash of light blinded them all. Only the white woman remained standing, looking into the light.

"Don't think your theatracal tricks can intimidate me, big brother"

Methica appeared, with his wings fully spread, as far as he managed in the basement.

"Oh I know little sister, as well as I know why you are here" he said... "Why don't you introduce yourself... You know it's riude not telling people who you are, especially in this company"

The white girl sighed... "I am Niamh", she said. "Third or the Order of White Angels. I'm known as The Young Girl With Old Wisdom. And that.." she said, pointing at Methica..." is Methica, Second of the Order of White Angels, know as The Eldest Of The Men..."

"Niamh, they had no right knowing that" Methica said to Niamh, looking a bit upset. "They had tests before I could be able to tell them that..."

Nessie, Goob, Sinead and the other looked at Methica full with disbelieve...

"You're an Angel?!" they asked...
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:18 am

"Yes, it's true," Methica replied, "Bartley and Leon are being held on Tory Island, but I have a plan to bring them back without being sussed."

"How's that?" asked Nessie.

"First of all, I need to divide all of you up by type. I need all shapeshifters over here by the drawing board, all fliers by the door, and all others over here by me."

"Which way do I go?" asked Niamh. "I am both a flier and a shapeshifter."

"Take your pick," said Methica.

Niamh went to the drawing board, along with Padraig the lycanthrope, Grania the galatea, and Richard the Selkie. Roy the pegasus joined Firebird the phoenix at the door.

"OK," said Methica, "I need to know what forms you shapeshifters take both during the day and at night."

"I am a statue by day and a woman by night," answered Grania.

"I am a man by day and a wolf by night," answered Padraig.

"I am a seal by day and a man by night," answered Richard.

"OK, here's the plan," said Methica, "First of all, tonight I need Richard to go to Bloody Foreland. In the morning, he will become a seal and swim to Tory Island. Padraig, you will go with him. People will think you're Richard's dog. Then, in the morning, you will become a man and ride the ferry to the Island. I also want Roy to fly to the Island tonight under cover of darkness, but Niamh and Firebird will fly in the morning under cover of sunlight. Nessie, Goob, and Grania will leave in the morning, and put Grania on the ferry. Nessie and Goob will then wait on shore for Sinead, Ian, and Bridin. Once everyone is in place, we will get Bartley and Leon off the Island and bring them back here. Are all of you with me?"

"Yes, Methica," everyone replied almost in unison.

"Then let's do it!" shouted Methica. Everyone cheered.

Jim

Return to Games and Stories