yes
30%
no
52%
don't know - i haven't haerd of him
19%

Total votes : 27

Postby Bal Winton » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:00 pm

I'm not a fan, but it would be unfair to say i 'hate' him. I just find him (and his annoyingly scheduled TV Show on BBC1) annoying. ^^
Bal Winton

Postby Daragh » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:10 pm

Fair point...

I met him in Dublin a couple of times and he is a nice guy and seems very genuine. His music and stage performance appeals more to the female audience and I think he works with that in mind. Fair play to him I suppose, he has made a name for himself in Ireland that can be hard to do, especially if you are trying to pull in a live audience. He recently played a large theatre in Dubloin for a good few nights and packed it out for most of it with just himself and 2 other musicians. Someone outh there likes what he does.

Daragh
Daragh

Postby richard » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:05 pm

I LOVE BRIAN KENNEDY'S MUSIC, I HAVE LIVE IN BELFAST AND ON SONG.

FANS OF IRISH FOLK MUSIC SHOULD TRY AND GET HIS ON SONG ALBUM, AS IT IS AN ALBUM OF IRISH STANDARDS AND ONE OF THE BEST COVER VERSIONS ALBUMS I HAVE HEARD IN AGES!.

what about this duet with moya that brian has done?, is it going to be one any albums?.
Last edited by richard on Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby noodle » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:22 pm

omg man please turn caps lock off!!
noodle :)
noodle
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Little late but I was scrolling though this forum and saw it totally below...

I voted no, because I´m not a fan... I like his music though, and that´s cool...
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 pm

BEST SONG BRIAN HAS DONE IS YOU RAISE ME UP WITH SECRET GARDEN
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:10 pm

I voted yes but I would not say I am a true fan. He is on my myspace friends and he has got a good voice but I don't think I would buy any of his albums.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Ooh, this one is an older topic. hehe..I have no idea who Brian Kennedy is (or how you spell his name) I'm wondering what kind of music he sings (genre)
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:27 am

He is Irish. I know that Moya has sang on one of his CD's but I don't know if it was a duet or if she sang background. I have the DVD "An Irish Holiday" that Moya is featured on. Brian is also on it. I also know Brian because he sang Bono's part of the Clannad hit "In A Lifetime" on their last live album that came out a year or two ago.
Here is is website:
http://www.briankennedy.co.uk/
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:03 am

So he's Irish..that's promising..as we know, there are a lot of talented Irish singers out there. ;) ;)
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby BenWiganUK » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:25 pm

I love his version of You raise me up better than anyone else's. I don't know much of his other stuff though. I was very disappointed with his Eurovision entry - I thought it was a bit bland an insipid.

I only recently found out that he had come out as being gay. He was interviewed on the Heaven and Earth show by Gloria Hunniford (Moya was on recently too) and he talked openly and honestly about his sexuality and his faith. Very admirable I thought.
Whisper to the wild water is Moya's masterpiece. Every track a classic.
BenWiganUK
Banned Member

Postby nessieq » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:39 pm

hermeyjdi wrote:He is Irish.

he is NOT- he is NORTHERN irish!!!! :shock:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Graham » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:06 am

Prior to stumbling across him on that Juliet Turner track on her Burn the Black Suit Album (Tom Waites' I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You), I was blissfully unaware of Brian Kennedy.
I traced his career backwards from that point through Riverdance to backing vocals for "Van the Man". One or two of his songs pricked my ears up, so to speak. Put the Message In The Box and Margaret Barry Broke My Heart to name but two.
Recently I persuaded my wife that a trip to Dublin to see Maura O'Connell live was a good idea. Maura , although just playing support, was on this side of the Atlantic .... Brian was the main act, but he wasn't the reason for the trip,
It was a bit eccentric and if neither of us has have enjoyed Brian's performance then earache off the missus would have been the least of my worries.
As it turned out, Liam Bradley on Drums and James Blennerhassett on bass was a fair indication of quality, and it took little time to warm to Brian.
I've seen him live since (at the Liverpool Phil on the night before Maire's show) and three or four albums have been added to my collection.
Would I see him live again and would I buy more albums ? .... Yes.
Am I a fan ? ....... you decide.
Graham

Postby Roibeard Óg » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:02 am

I've said no, because although he has a good voice I didn't enjoy seeing him live at all. I like one or two of his songs, but they all seem the same, and his version of Oíche Chiúin almost knocked me out :lol:

In saying that though, his versions of 'The Curragh of Kildare' and 'I Dreamt I Dwelled in Marble Halls' (with Sinéad O'Connor) are amazing!
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to General