Your opinion of your life in general?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

What is your opinion of your life in general?

Great, My life could not be better!
2
5%
Fine, but i have had some bad times.
11
27%
Im happy, but i need something more.
9
22%
i have had a bad life, but im happy.
2
5%
Im not sure, im usually happy.
5
12%
Crap, but i get by.
5
12%
Terrible, everyday is agony for me.
4
10%
I would say i have done ok in my life.
3
7%
 
Total votes : 41

opinions

Postby Balor » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:08 pm

I think the question might be more specific as in "What is your opinion of the life that you have control over?"
Who in the valley shed the poison tear?
User avatar
Balor
Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:12 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:50 pm

Despite the fact that this is probably the moss stressful time of year in the retail industry (I'm a grocery store employee), life has been very good.:)
User avatar
Brian
Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: Missouri, United States

Postby Garbo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:15 pm

i am very happy, very content. even when life gets crappy i've just realized i can't do anything about it, but see what i can change in myself. and surprisingly, this has made me so laid back and content. how odd.
Image
epic
User avatar
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:00 pm

Postby Methica » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:06 pm

Nigel wrote:Methica did you accidentally post twice or are you trying to make your point more than clear? :mrgreen:



Twice accidentily..:P I know I need something more, but I´m still figuring out what... I know I want to write my book, lots of more poems, but I also want to learn a lot..:P
I still have no clue what I´m gonna do with my life, but still... There plenty of time left..
Imperfect is the new perfect
User avatar
Methica
Addicted to Moya
 
Posts: 6353
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Postby nessieq » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:47 pm

Garbo wrote:i am very happy, very content. even when life gets crappy i've just realized i can't do anything about it, but see what i can change in myself. and surprisingly, this has made me so laid back and content. how odd.

I've actually adopted a similar outlook recently, what with uni applications etc etc, I see it now that whatever'll be will be, and i'm powerless to stop it, i've just gotta learn how to sit back and enjoy the ride.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
User avatar
nessieq
Moderator
 
Posts: 10856
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:58 pm
Location: Cambridge/Belfast

Postby koseklumpen » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:21 pm

nessieq wrote:
Garbo wrote:i am very happy, very content. even when life gets crappy i've just realized i can't do anything about it, but see what i can change in myself. and surprisingly, this has made me so laid back and content. how odd.

I've actually adopted a similar outlook recently, what with uni applications etc etc, I see it now that whatever'll be will be, and i'm powerless to stop it, i've just gotta learn how to sit back and enjoy the ride.


That's good. I think it's much more important to enjoy what you're doing than just running after things, you probably never might reach. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try hard to achieve something you really want, but if it doesn't...who knows, what it's good for???
Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
User avatar
koseklumpen
Really Enthusiastic Member
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:13 am
Location: sometimes here and sometimes there

Postby nessieq » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:33 pm

koseklumpen wrote:
nessieq wrote:
Garbo wrote:i am very happy, very content. even when life gets crappy i've just realized i can't do anything about it, but see what i can change in myself. and surprisingly, this has made me so laid back and content. how odd.

I've actually adopted a similar outlook recently, what with uni applications etc etc, I see it now that whatever'll be will be, and i'm powerless to stop it, i've just gotta learn how to sit back and enjoy the ride.


That's good. I think it's much more important to enjoy what you're doing than just running after things, you probably never might reach. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try hard to achieve something you really want, but if it doesn't...who knows, what it's good for???


Oh of course, it doesnt mean I'm going to stop pushing or trying or aiming for the very best, but if it doesnt happen, it's important to be able to let these things go.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
User avatar
nessieq
Moderator
 
Posts: 10856
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:58 pm
Location: Cambridge/Belfast

Previous

Return to Fan space

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron