links everywhere

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby ChrisRLG » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:48 pm

Well said :)

This topic in my public library gives some advise along those lines.

http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Turlough » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:34 pm

Angoid wrote:Turlough, I'd recommend also that you go to Malware Removal for a computer check-up if you've been to that bad site.

Without knowing exactly what you did ater clicking it, it's not possible to ascertain whether you have picked anything up as a result.

Indicators would be: Words becoming links, a toolbar in IE you don't remember installing, system running slower than before or freezing up, something just not seeimg right, and so on.

Angoid,
The browser in use was the following:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031015
(from the About box)

All I did was watch, and when it was done loading, I closed the tab in the browser.

Is there much Linux malware out there now? I'll go to Malware Removal if they can help.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:19 pm

Turlough,

As you're using Linux, you'll be OK :lol:

Malware is written for Windows systems, as Windows is the most popular OS. It's worth their time for the many people that use Windows and IE, but not for the relatively small Linux market.

Yep. It's all about $$$. Dirty $$$ at that.

Now to complain to Orange AGAIN using an expensive phonecall because of yet another broadband drop out. I don't get a single day of uninterrupted service these days and it's driving me up the wall (had no access for over 24 hours continuously earlier this week). Having to use dial-up to post this.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Previous

Return to Administrator