Got kicked out when I want to edit a post

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby mise » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:02 am

Well I am with Beth here I suppose. Just leave things as they are now. I'll rewrite my post about where to stay in Rotterdam, because I understand that people might need that information. It 'll only take me a minute or two and I bet it ll be harder to merge the old posts in with the new ones.

:D
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Post numbers!

Postby Turlough » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:20 pm

Hadn't considered post numbers - if linked to they would be a real mess. I'm sure everyone here knows that if their post was really great they can repeat themselves. (Such as Ness's pic's, with the Nessie jokes, and such)
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby mise » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:12 pm

LOL you mean ten nessieq posts in a row, it would make my day 8)
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby nessieq » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:43 pm

mise wrote:LOL you mean ten nessieq posts in a row, it would make my day 8)

:lol: This can be arranged...?
hehe, seriously tho, I had noticed that I lost a crazy amount of posts, some of which it'll be a nuisance to get back, but it'd probably be even more confusing to get all of them back in some irrational order! :lol:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Macha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Mh...I have still that problem. Just wanted to post in the topic "Moya Anagrams" and when I submitted the post it kicked me out. What's wrong there? It makes me crazy, that I can't post there now. :roll:
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:11 pm

Do you get logged out? or just 'page cannot be displayed' the latter happens to me sometimes, the former might be your internet disconecting and signing you out while you're typing the post, that used to happen to me :(
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby nessieq » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:19 pm

Grania wrote:Do you get logged out? or just 'page cannot be displayed' the latter happens to me sometimes, the former might be your internet disconecting and signing you out while you're typing the post, that used to happen to me :(

yeah- same to me, are you on dial up, M? If that is the case and you'd like the post edited, you can always let a moderator know if you have bother and we can edit it for you :)
nessieq

Postby Grania » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:22 pm

That's true - pm one of us any time, we'd be happy to help! :D :wink:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Macha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Grania wrote:Do you get logged out? or just 'page cannot be displayed' the latter happens to me sometimes, the former might be your internet disconecting and signing you out while you're typing the post, that used to happen to me :(

Yes, I get logged out - only in THIS topic that I mentioned. Very frustrating that. I really hope it'll work again at some time. It happens when I want to submit the post, not when I write it. I've tried it two or three times; maybe more often.
@ Ness: no, I have DSL. The fact is, that I wanted to answer to Phantas' post in the topic "Moya Anagrams" (with quote) and it didn't work. :(
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:47 pm

IrishGirlm wrote:@ Ness: no, I have DSL. The fact is, that I wanted to answer to Phantas' post in the topic "Moya Anagrams" (with quote) and it didn't work. :( [/color]

very odd, i'll get chris onto this- he'd be better at sorting it out than me!
nessieq

Postby Macha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:58 pm

nessieq wrote:
IrishGirlm wrote:@ Ness: no, I have DSL. The fact is, that I wanted to answer to Phantas' post in the topic "Moya Anagrams" (with quote) and it didn't work. :( [/color]

very odd, i'll get chris onto this- he'd be better at sorting it out than me!

Thanks Ness. :D
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:03 pm

No problem! I've PMed him for you and asked him to take a look in this topic at your question, M. :)
nessieq

Postby Angoid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:28 pm

Hiya .... just seen this topic (been out for most of the weekend) .... but check the following:

1. Make sure you're accessing the forum using http://forums.moyabrennan.com and NOT http://www.forums.moyabrennan.com) - i.e. you don't need the www. That can give rise to problems such as being logged out, or having to log in twice.

2. Try clearing your cookies down and then coming back on the forum. You'll need to log in again. See if you can reply to that topic after that.

Let us know how it goes!

Do you get any errors from the board? I once had a problem where I was getting "invalid_session" every time I tried to reply, but the problem was global (i.e. it didn't matter what topic I replied to, I got the same error).
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Angoid wrote:Hiya .... just seen this topic (been out for most of the weekend) .... but check the following:

1. Make sure you're accessing the forum using http://forums.moyabrennan.com and NOT http://www.forums.moyabrennan.com) - i.e. you don't need the www. That can give rise to problems such as being logged out, or having to log in twice.

2. Try clearing your cookies down and then coming back on the forum. You'll need to log in again. See if you can reply to that topic after that.

Let us know how it goes!

Do you get any errors from the board? I once had a problem where I was getting "invalid_session" every time I tried to reply, but the problem was global (i.e. it didn't matter what topic I replied to, I got the same error).

Hi Angoid,

I've tried again (cleaned my cookies, logged out from the forum and came back), but it's still the same problem with this topic. Yesterday I didn't have any problems with posting there. :( But I don't get an "invalid_session" info. And I used the access to the forum from the first link that you've posted. I really hope this problem will be solved soon; otherwise I don't think that I can post further in the topic "Moya Song Anagrams".

Btw, I don't have any problems to answer THIS topic.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby ChrisRLG » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:16 pm

IrishGirlm - you are connected via an AOL account - I know I checked.

cache-frr-ae09.proxy.aol.com

The way those big companies work is to force you through a proxy server to connect - so you connect like this

you > AOL Proxy > MoyaForum.

They do this to save bandwidth - if you and twenty others ask for the same web page - the first one gets the real page direct (almost) from the site - the others get stored images from the AOL proxy server.

AOL complicates this even more - in that they use banks of proxy servers - not just one - which means when you ask the next time you could go via a second or third machine.

What that means is that if they switch the proxy server you are using between reading and posting - you will have problems.

Its one of the reason I NEVER recommend AOL to anyone. (Nor NTL for that matter).
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Administrator