new subforum

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

new subforum

Postby Paul K. » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:53 pm

Maybe it's an idea to start a new subforum for the new album, Signature. Just like there is already for Two Horizons, The Other Side Of The Rainbow, An Irish Christmas, etc....
Paul K.
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:52 pm

:) This may well happen Paul, as it did for Irish Christmas - it may be that we'll wait until a bit nearer the release date to do so; but I'm sure it will happen :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Beth » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:36 pm

I agree with G. The 'An Irish Christmas' subforum wasn't created until about a week before the debut of the album if I'm not mistaken.

Don't worry though... we'll keep this idea in mind! :mrgreen:
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:10 pm

Maybe it would be best to move the subforum 'Two Horizons' into a new topic, 'Music' maybe. Or maybe if the name of 'Two Horizons' changed to music. An Irish Christmas would have to stay up as it's being released again this year, and Signature will be put on, so the forum may look a bit messy, and there are other albums that will probably need discussing.
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Another thought .... and I'm saying this as my own thought and idea... is to create a subforum called "Albums" and then create a subforum for each of Moya's albums.

But it would mean a lot of empty subforums for the older albums, it would look strange to have an empty discussion area for (say) Perfect Time when the album came out in 1998, to say nothing of all the threads about that album splattered all across the forum.

And please! Anybody who subsequently suggests finding all those threads and moving them will get that job by default!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Roibeard Óg » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:42 pm

I think your idea is great!
I think that they will be full of posts though. The only reason there aren't many posts on the older albums here is because there isn't one exact place to put them, which means that the little there are would have to be scattered. I think that idea's great, and hope to see it happen!
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Paul K. » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:29 pm

And now the album is released...?
Paul K.

Postby admin » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:05 pm

Better late than never!
I have created a new sub-forum, Signature so now consistent with TH and Irish Christmas.
admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby Paul K. » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:21 pm

Thank you! :D
Paul K.

Return to Administrator