Music

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

How many hours a day do you listen to music?

1 or 2 Hour's
17%
3 or 4 Hours
45%
5 or 6 Hour's
38%

Total votes : 60

Postby martijn » Wed May 24, 2006 10:44 pm

I think 4 to 5 hours a day.
When I was a teenager I always did my homework with the radio on. Every week I listened to the Top 40 and I recorded it on tape ( lovely childhood memories)
Now I try to listen to the radio at work as much as possible. Unfortunately my collegue can't work with the radio on. Sometimes I use my headphones.
I couldn't imagine a day without music!
“Forgiveness is the key not pride”
Máire Brennan – Perfect Time
martijn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Thu May 25, 2006 9:43 am

Last year I did most of my revision listening to classical/instrumental music or to Enya, but this year I just haven't been able to concentrate with it. It's a real pain as I hate being alone in the house without some kind of background noise :? ah well, as soon as I stop working, on go the headphones :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Kosma [PL] » Thu May 25, 2006 4:37 pm

That's simply unfair...

For the last few months my Nokia 5510 didn't played mp3s correctly... today I finally bought the replacement part (it's hard to get) and installed it. Everything seemed okay 'till I discovered that the new one is even more broken - so again I'm left without any mp3 player... :(

I won't post this on the Unhappy Hill though, 'cause I've found the needed part on eBay, so if everything will go well I'm gonna have my player back! And I will listen to Moya all the time :mrgreen:
Kosma [PL]
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Fri May 26, 2006 3:30 pm

That's unfair indeed, but it's nice you can buy something what will make it playing well (((((kosma)))))
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby lothlorien » Fri May 26, 2006 3:56 pm

i listeb about 5-6 hours, when I'm going to school,m when i'm doing homework, And when I'm goping to bed, but also al lot of other times XD
I love music
~*Ba Deas Fadó*~
lothlorien
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Fri May 26, 2006 4:02 pm

Like me :P but I don't have an mp3 so I can't listen while biking to school
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Fri May 26, 2006 4:03 pm

I listen to it more and more... To be hounest, I think it´s more then 8 hours a day now..:P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:24 pm

I have to confess, I'm a "Music-Junkie". :lol: I can't stop listen to music (CD, tape or radio, no matter). At work I have a small radio on my working place (my boss allows to listen to music while working :D ) and I'm listening to my fave radio station there (although my colleagues don't like it; they say there's always played the same stuff). So to say, I listen to music the whole day.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:22 am

To be honest, if I didn't sit and work at a PC at the office, I'd probably go days without listening to any music. Shock horror, I know - but I don't ever really just sit and listen to music, it has to be in the background to me doing housework or other work. BUT, when I am in the mood for it I thoroughly enjoy every second. When I was in school I started every single day with a bit of Enya while getting ready - nearly drove my mom nuts.
:) Nowadays my guess is 1 - 2 hours every day.
Image Amharc tríd na stoirmeacha.

http://lizzy1e.deviantart.com
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:20 pm

lizzy1e wrote:To be honest, if I didn't sit and work at a PC at the office, I'd probably go days without listening to any music. Shock horror, I know - but I don't ever really just sit and listen to music, it has to be in the background to me doing housework or other work. BUT, when I am in the mood for it I thoroughly enjoy every second. When I was in school I started every single day with a bit of Enya while getting ready - nearly drove my mom nuts.
:) Nowadays my guess is 1 - 2 hours every day.

I usually have music playing in the background while im doing things. But i always find that music can only be truly appreciated when you listen to it and do nothing else.
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Cherman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:14 pm

Simi wrote:
Cherman wrote:My goodness, I'm also a music-addict 8) I can't really count up the hours (each day differs), but when I'm not listening to music, it's constantly playing in my head :D And believe me, this is NOT a good thing when you're supposed to be studying :oops:
Bringing that up, is anyone actually able to study whilst listening to music? I mostly have a hard time doing so; only some of Moya's or Enya's songs really work, but most of the time music brings me out of focus, which is really a sad thing, 'cause I love listening to it :(

Oh yes. I know exactly what you mean. It is almost impossible to be concentrated if you have a song in your head. Often I hear a special song (mostly the last on my way to work) in my head for the whole day; that means, I am going to work with this song and irritate my colleagues with humming and singing (Sorry, can't stop it) :lol: . - Recently they forbade me listening music in the morning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh no, how terrible! :lol: I just couldn't imagine a morning without music. For me, it's one of those things like coffee: if I don't get it in the morning, don't go near me that day :wink:
An mp3-player is really a blessing nowadays; when I was tired of studying during my exam period, I always laid down on my bed and put on some soothing Moya or Enya music. After just two or three songs, I was able to "go" again :D The power of music, eh... It gives you energy, it really does!
Cherman
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Roibeard Óg » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:17 pm

I've gone for 5-6 hours. I listen to music when working and when I'm sitting around the house and out with friends. It just gives you the strength when you couldn't be bothered lol.
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:53 pm

When I get into the music, it can be either 3 or 4 hours..sometimes more..the batteries in my Discman lost all of their juice when I was listening for three hours straight, lol
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby lilly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:43 pm

I just about always have music playing in the background. I have it playing while doing school work, chores, sitting around with friends, when I'm bored, etc. So I listen to it whenever I can. My iPod just sits in its speaker dock and plays and plays...I'm surprised it's not worn out by now! LOL. But, I take my iPod everywhere, and basically, I'd die if it broke or I lost it HAHA.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
lilly
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:52 am

I know I've already posted here, but .... :)

I won't post this on the Unhappy Hill though...

Oohhhh!!!! I keep wanting to rename that thread as the Miserable Mountain, the Unhappy Underground, the Vexed Valley, or whatever to maintain the alliteration with the Happy Hill!

Prolly 3-4 hours, but it varies greatly depending on what I'm doing. If I'm working on a programming project, chances are I've got something by Moya / Clannad / Moya / Enya / Moya / Robin Mark / Moya / The Duggans, or Moya on, and that could be a few hours.

Strictly speaking it's against company rules to listen to music at work, but they're actually very relaxed about it and a number of people do it. I have one colleague who not only gets through a phenomenal amount of food, but he also slops it :cry: and I find I have to put some music on if I don't want to listen to that :mrgreen: But actually I prefer to not have music on while working.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General