About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:52 am

LOL how cool? :) If you look very closely its a guinness t-shirt too, excellent! :P

Postby AndyPandy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:54 am

Anonymous wrote:LOL how cool? :) If you look very closely its a guinness t-shirt too, excellent! :P

D'oh! Haven't done that for a while. Its not annoying Lizzy, theres only a little movement on it so its not very distracting :)

*edit*

Well will you look at that, a lovely new avatar! The old one was about 2 years old or so and this is the perfect replacement ((((lizzy)))) Thanks very much dude! :D
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:55 pm

Awww... now see!! I WANT ONE!! LOL

Way too cute... and Pandy, fits you perfectly!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby gregoing » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:07 am

H.E.N wrote:Oooh it's you! I thought it was Moya :mrgreen:

Woah. What a compliment! (Not that you don't look wonderful yourself, Lizzy!)
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby Lady Ryu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:08 am

lizzy1e wrote:I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this - I just want everyone's opinon - is this moving avatar annoying and should I go back to the still one? :mrgreen:

as my ava is moving too, i can't see any harm in it. and besides: you're ava is really cool! like pandy's!
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Katy the Wondermonk » Mon May 15, 2006 2:48 am

:lol: I ran into a problem with avatars. I already sent a PM to a mod about it, but maybe aomeone else encountered this as well?
i just uploaded an avatar last night, and it worked fine at that point, but I now I can't see mine or anyone else's!LOL I also seem to have no option for it in my profile now. Did I accidentally change something in my prefs perhaps? Thanks everybody! I appreciate any help!
--Katy
Síocháin agus grá
Cáit, an manach iontas
None should act petty, as all hearts are pretty...
Katy the Wondermonk

Postby Beth » Mon May 15, 2006 2:51 am

Katy the Wondermonk wrote::lol: I ran into a problem with avatars. I already sent a PM to a mod about it, but maybe aomeone else encountered this as well?
i just uploaded an avatar last night, and it worked fine at that point, but I now I can't see mine or anyone else's!LOL I also seem to have no option for it in my profile now. Did I accidentally change something in my prefs perhaps? Thanks everybody! I appreciate any help!
--Katy

Hi Katy, it wasn't anything you did. ChrisRLG, one of our technical admins, made a post here saying that all avatars have been disabled because of a software mess-up (hopefully I got that right... don't ask me about software stuff.. ask my other half LOL)

Hope this helps! :D
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Katy the Wondermonk » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 am

Cool! Thanks, Beth! That was a super fast response you gave there! Looks like I should have checked other topics a little more, eh? I'm such a goof! thanks again! LOL :mrgreen:
Síocháin agus grá
Cáit, an manach iontas
None should act petty, as all hearts are pretty...
Katy the Wondermonk

Postby Ardens » Mon May 15, 2006 10:01 am

This forum is pretty confusing without all the avatars. Now I have to read all the names carefully instead of looking at the pics. :mrgreen:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 am

Hopefully we can get everything updated soon so they can be turned on again ..... the forum does look kind of boring without them, doesn't it?

However, given the choice between a secure, but boring-looking forum and a prettier one that could have problems I know which I'd rather have :mrgreen:

Gah! can't even breathe today at work! Looking forward to this week when it's over :cry:
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Tue May 16, 2006 7:09 pm

I'm just wondering where the avatars have gone...is there any chance to put them back soon? The forum looks a bit boring without avatars... :?
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Tue May 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi Irishgirlm, in the members only board there is a topic about that problem
It's over here http://forums.moyabrennan.com/viewtopic.php?t=1609
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue May 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Avatars have only been turned off, not removed. So when they are turned back on, everyone's avatars will go back to what they were before they were turned off.

So even though you won't see avatar settings if you edit your profiles right now, the settings are still saved.

Please see the link referred to by Niamh; we'll turn them back on immediately after we know it is OK to do so :)
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Wed May 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info, Angoid.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kosma [PL] » Thu May 25, 2006 11:31 pm

Has there been any progress resolving the avatar issue? I'm curious 'cause after reading (and posting) a bit here I'm almost sure that it was a false alarm... unless there is some other bug I don't know about.
Kosma [PL]
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Administrator