Music

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

How many hours a day do you listen to music?

1 or 2 Hour's
17%
3 or 4 Hours
45%
5 or 6 Hour's
38%

Total votes : 60

Postby Nigel » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:27 pm

Maximum time i have spent listening to music in one day: 8 hours

Longest time i have been without music: 48 hours

Average time i spend on listening to music a day: 4-6 hours

Most full albums listened to in one day: 6 albums

:mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:13 am

Longest time I've ever listened to music: 26 hours. I can't sleep when I'm travelling, so I usually listen to music (mainly Clannad, Enya and Moya). When I went to Dublin, I listened to music nearly the whole journey. You can imagine that I felt a bit brain-washed when I arrived there. I was incredibly tired and had dozens of melodies in my head. :lol:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lady Ryu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:13 pm

interesting question. i can't really say. if i feel confortable at home, it's possible that i forget to start my hi-fi. later in the evening i often play on my playstation 2, so i do not listen to music there as well. (but my games have wonderful music, sometimes i pause the game just to listen.)
on other days i start listening to music already in the morning, use my cellphone as player during worktimes and listen again when i get home, and listen to music until i fall asleep.

0 minutes to 15 hours i'd say.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:17 pm

To me i changes, at least now. I have a new job now, I´m bringing newspapers...And I´m bored then so I take my mp3 with me, so it could be much moren now..;)
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:00 am

5-6 hours easily.

Hawkeye
I would die for my king and my land!
But I must die with my sword in my hand!
Raise my cup in honour of the Lord!
Gives the power I need to wield my sword!!
Hawkeye

Postby Keiko » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:55 am

Hum.. this is a hard one,.. I think about a 3-4 hours a day,.. mostly when I am sitting on pc I listen a lot to music.

Keiko

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:27 am

Weel I can betteer say that I am litterly addicted to music..;) Really... I you have a fight with me, and you really want to hurt me, then you should do soemthing so I can´t listen to music anymore...

One of my fears then is ofcourse being deaf...:(
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Wil » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:55 pm

A day without music is unimaginable to me......so I listen every day to music, until 6 hours I guess :mrgreen:
Music is my first love, and it will be my last.......
Wil
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Kosma [PL] » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:56 pm

Quoting myself:
http://www.last.fm/user/Kosma/journal/2005/12/26/49697/ wrote:Today my counter hit 20.000 tracks. The lucky track was
# The Irish Connection - Mairi's Wedding
Let's make a little calculation: I'm on last.fm since 10 months. This gives 2000 tracks per month, or 66 tracks per day. Assuming an average track has length of 4 minutes, it's more than 4 hours of music per day. Quite a lot!

It's just a statistical value (from listening on the PC)... if I can, I listen to the music all the time.
Kosma [PL]
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Cherman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:23 pm

My goodness, I'm also a music-addict 8) I can't really count up the hours (each day differs), but when I'm not listening to music, it's constantly playing in my head :D And believe me, this is NOT a good thing when you're supposed to be studying :oops:
Bringing that up, is anyone actually able to study whilst listening to music? I mostly have a hard time doing so; only some of Moya's or Enya's songs really work, but most of the time music brings me out of focus, which is really a sad thing, 'cause I love listening to it :(
Cherman
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Thu May 18, 2006 12:28 pm

It's difficult to say for me because it depends .....

If at work I don't have to be on the telephone a lot, I sometimes listen to music (especially when colleagues who work around me make a lot of eating noises).

While driving, I often have music on (although not always)

While at home, if I'm doing something that involves a lot of concentrating then I do like to have music on, but I find it distracting if I'm on the webcam :) or phone (i.e. communicating with someone).

With summer coming up (assuming we get one this year - at this rate I doubt it, until I go away anyway), I enjoy getting out into the back garden to get some rays (my back garden is a lovely little sun-trap) and I'll pretty much always listen to music then.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Grania » Thu May 18, 2006 3:51 pm

Can't believe I never voted :shock: I've gone for the 5/6 hour slot, although it does vary :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Niamh » Thu May 18, 2006 7:02 pm

I think I voted to early! It's getting more everyday!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon May 22, 2006 3:06 am

Cherman wrote:My goodness, I'm also a music-addict 8) I can't really count up the hours (each day differs), but when I'm not listening to music, it's constantly playing in my head :D And believe me, this is NOT a good thing when you're supposed to be studying :oops:
Bringing that up, is anyone actually able to study whilst listening to music? I mostly have a hard time doing so; only some of Moya's or Enya's songs really work, but most of the time music brings me out of focus, which is really a sad thing, 'cause I love listening to it :(

I have never been one who can study or read while listening to music. I get distracted so easily. :oops:
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Simi » Wed May 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Cherman wrote:My goodness, I'm also a music-addict 8) I can't really count up the hours (each day differs), but when I'm not listening to music, it's constantly playing in my head :D And believe me, this is NOT a good thing when you're supposed to be studying :oops:

Oh yes. I know exactly what you mean. It is almost impossible to be concentrated if you have a song in your head. Often I hear a special song (mostly the last on my way to work) in my head for the whole day; that means, I am going to work with this song and irritate my colleagues with humming and singing (Sorry, can't stop it) :lol: . - Recently they forbade me listening music in the morning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Of what benefit would it be to me if Christ had been born a thousand times, and it would daily be sung into my ears in a most lovely manner, if I were never to hear that he was born for me and was to be my very own? (Martin Luther)
Simi
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to General