Gweedore Gathering 2006: Best Dates

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Which week is best for you to attend a Gweedore Gathering during 2006?

July 2nd - July 9th
5%
July 9th - July 16th
5%
July 16th - July 23rd
29%
July 23rd - July 30th
24%
July 30th - August 6th
19%
August 6th - August 13th
No votes
August 13th - August 20th
10%
August 20th - August 27th
5%
August 27th - September 3rd
5%

Total votes : 21

Postby lizzy1e » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:28 pm

It was just about choosing what dates suited you -but sorry Methica, seems this one isn't going to happen anymore... maybe you can join us in 2007.
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Siobhan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:06 pm

wonky_eggs wrote:
nessieq wrote:
wonky_eggs wrote: on Magheraroarty Beach this year.

brennan on a beach! That's the dream- do you remember the mosh, guys, I know andy does :lol: oooooh if she's doing something similar this year or even if there's a similar event i will BE there 8)
ness.

I really wanted to go to the beach for this show, but we were shattered from walking all day (it was at 10 o'clock at night). But from the description in the festival guide a number of artists had created these sculptures and were lit with firelight and scattered in a trail along the beach - sounded amazing, and on such an amazing beach as Magheraroarty it would have been just brill!

(A bit off topic this may be, but since you no longer organise a Gweedore gathering this year, I felt free to post here my memories. :D )

It was, indeed. I was there (by accident, in fact) - the owner of the hostel I stayed in took us there. I wasn`t aware where I was going, though...
It was just magical. It was raining a little, but all those sculptures on an Atlantic beach... The wind, those lights and Hindu music playing...
There is one image that I still have before my eyes. We were going along sand dunes for about two minutes, leaving all other sculptures behind. I thought that there was no point in going any further, for there was nothing more to see. But then the dunes ended and we suddenly saw a circle of lights lit directly on a beach. They were supposed to last until the high tide.
I remember the feeling that this was pure magic: Ireland, the rain, Atlantic waves, all those people around me, one of my greatest dreams coming true the previous day, the wind, those lights - I had tears in my eyes and I could die there and then, being the happiest I could remember.

Then there was a dragon, about two-meters long; a face of a man, light shining from within, and Indian tipi...
And of course, the Deirdre`s sculpture. It was beautiful, elipse-shaped, with two spheres made of glass, one at the bottom of the sculpture, and one in the middle of it. The fire was lit underneath this sculpture and was reflected in the lower sphere.
Gee, how I`m supposed to describe it in English, when I have serious problems with describing it in Polish?? :lol:
Anyway, I`ve got some photos from this night - they`re not very good - but if you`d like to see them, just let me know. :)
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:03 pm

Mh...I really wish I could come to a "Donegal meeting" this year but I think it'll not happen again... :cry: I don't have enough money to pay the flight ticket, and there are maybe the prices for the B&B...I don't have a clue how cheap or expensive that kind of overnight stay is in Ireland. :(
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:23 pm

I don't know anyone who would go with me to such a meeting and I don't dare to travel to Ireland on my own. So no Donegal for me this year.
But I hope that I can go next year or so, it would be wonderful to meet some of you!

Nevertheless, I'm going to travel to Ireland this summer. I'm going to go with a coach party (or whatever it is called) and it will surely be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I can't determine myself which places we'll see and that's the disadvantage. The advantages are that it's less expensive than travelling individually and I don't have to plan anything. I just have to sit in the coach and they'll bring me to the next sight. Holidays for lazy people! :lol:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Well, for anyone who does wish to check out pricing for b&b's and the like in Ireland here's the site I used http://www.irish-bnb.com/ I was going to stay at a hostel at first, but one b&b I found on there just stood out so much to me (could've been the doggy in the picture of the garden... lol). And if anyone's staying in Dublin then I highly suggest Colette Carter's b&b... it made my stay in a strange place so much nicer. I was warmly welcomed with a cup of tea and some biscuits and had a nice chat with the owner's sister. I was so terrified before that, but they set me right at ease and breakfast was absolutely fab too! If I visit Dublin again next year that'll be where I'll stay for sure. :mrgreen: The one I stayed at in Galway paled in comparrison. :|

Done babbling, but hope that helps anyone visiting the area.
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kosma [PL] » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:16 pm

lizzy1e wrote:Well, for anyone who does wish to check out pricing for b&b's

*checks pricing*

*dies*

There *must* be a cheaper way...
Kosma [PL]
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Siobhan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:27 pm

It is, if you choose hostels. There are some fantastic hostels throughout the island.
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:39 pm

Kosma [PL] wrote:
lizzy1e wrote:Well, for anyone who does wish to check out pricing for b&b's

*checks pricing*

*dies*

There *must* be a cheaper way...

Lol, sorry, looking at it now I see the prices have gone up. Besides that I only stayed at each b&b for about 2 -3 days until we moved on to Donegal. I remember admin telling me about a great hostel in Dublin, but since the hacking that post is gone now. :(
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Siobhan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:30 pm

I stayed in "Goin` my way" on Talbot Street, just a few min walk from O`Connell Street. It was nice and relatively cheap, and the price included breakfast. :)
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby youremyenergy79 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:50 am

......i 'll go in ireland in august........
:( i think 22 ---------
against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Fan space