Welcome to Moya's Forum!

Welcome to Moya Brennan's forum. This is the only room available to unregistered guests, and then only for replying to existing topics and not starting new ones.
This is so unregistered guests can report login and registration issues.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:50 am

Hello there Sonja :)

I'd just like to say thank you for sharing your experience with us so honestly. I think your experience in many ways mirrors what a lot of us feel about Moya and her music - warmth, spirtuality; you certainly have the right impression I think.

Again, thank you for sharing with us, and I hope one day you'll come and join us here :) I know we can act in a rather silly manner, but deep down, and on the surface, we all love and respect Moya and her music, and we respect each other :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Macha » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:16 am

Heya Sonja,

welcome to Moya's forum. :D Enjoy your time here.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi Sonja, welcome to this nice forum!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:57 pm

Hello Sonja!

Thanks for sharing that! I am glad you made it to this forum, it is indeed a lovely an warm place to hang around. I think I remember you. Were you the Moluccan lady who was talking to Moya at the very end of Moya's signing session? I remember there was this lady who bought almost every album and Moya signed one for your friend and then there was one she wanted to sign for you but you just wanted her to sign it with her name. I also remember Moya talking about her book to you. Don't get me wrong I wasn't eavesdropping on you :oops: I just happened to hear these two things.
Hope you weren't annoyed by us girls getting a bit excited when Moya announced her final song... Well, I hope you'll register, it is great to have someone from Groningen here!

Groetjes,

Hester
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:05 pm

Oh Hester...do you mean 'Second Nature' or 'Against the Wind' :lol:

For any guests wondering about this - Moya's song 'Against the Wind' has a special place in many forum member's hearts :wink:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Hester » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:10 pm

Against the Wind me dear :lol:
Poor Moya, she was actually afraid she'd done something wrong or something had happened because of our sponteanous response to her announcement... :mrgreen: But when she realized the response was because we enjoy this song soooooo much she became really enthusiastic during her performance...the result was the best version of Against the Wind ever :lol: :lol:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:12 pm

What did you do? :lol:

I mean, I got the giggles all the way through 'Closer to Your Heart', I grinned like a maniac all the way through the first half (sorry for scaring you Moya!! :wink: ) and I stood up at the end....but what did you do? :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:22 am

Hello Sonja! Thanks for your post!! It was great to read. I have not been on in a while so I am just now reading this.
Welcome back Grania, I hope that you had a wonderful vacation.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:36 pm

:) I did, thanks Josh - and you as well! :wink:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:48 pm

Grania, I did have a great vacation!!! The vacation of a lifetime!
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Re: For a glimpse in the world of Ms Moya Brennan...

Postby jolanda » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:46 pm

Sonja wrote:hi hello this is my first step into the world of Moya Brennan, the star and her admirers. And must stay, after roaming about the site floor the love the admiration the closeness is so greatly felt among all fans and Ms Moya...
I am only a guest and am not registered yet there is something I would very much like to share with you..all

About a few weeks ago a friend and I went to Moya's concert in Groningen, not because we were fans of her music, 2 decades ago I once saw Clannad and I guess it was a good performance, but cannot remember very much of it. But long time in our house, there was a Clannad album lying between all other records. Anyway we went, as my friend is an avid fan of Irish music I told her she should go to see Ms Moya Brennan who is an Irish legend. She wanted to go only and because she said she once seen a documentary on Dutch tv in which Ms Moya talked of her life and that she had made a christian cd. After watching the interview she bought "TwoHorizons" thinking that was the christian cd. She, my friend, was not much fan of Ms Moya either not in the sense of adoring her music, neither with Clannad nor her solo project.

Anyway we were at the Oosterpoort in Groningen that evening after a day's work and as we entered something amazing happened, there was a weird feel of sacred atmosphere that hit me. Being a (total) christian entering a world that in my view has no connnection with Gods Word at all that taught me something of the infinite love that was present that very evening. Even the silence in the audience during the concert seemed perfectly fitting as if everyone, every soul, as we certainly were, was struck in awe of so much beauty. Because that was what Ms Moya did, we got caught in the beauty of her music her presence and if anything at all, it was in all its worldliness an absolute heaven steered concert... ah yes we have bought all her solorecords, i think that very evening and are still enjoying, no feed ourselves with her music...thank you Ms Moya we have surrendered..and felt so blessed and still feel that way
We met after the concert to ask for the christian cd's and could tell her that I work as pastoral councellor at our church. It so happens that I am working at this time especially with young women/girls looking for their identity, and have girls under my wings who went through abortions, sexual violence, from incestuous- through violent relationships. And then Ms Moya told us about the book on her life and that she was into a project in Ireland of helping young girls/women....she was such an inspiration and most of all she is a heaven-sent star that fills empty hearts, tired and broken souls..
and this, her site, absolutely radiates that warmth. Ms Moya, will you not forget the book...we can absolutely use it as testimony and guidance among many a young girl and woman ...and even the men could learn...
jolanda

Postby Angoid » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi Jolanda, and welcome to Moya's forum!!!

Some of us are a little confused ..... you made a reply by quoting someone else's post but then didn't build on it?

If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to ask and someone will be more than happy to help

Please feel free to reply and add new content - we do like to hear what people have to say :)
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:38 am

Hi Jolanda welcome to the forum!!! I hope you enjoy yourself here! :D
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:09 pm

*waves* Welcome, Jolanda! Have fun!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring