Would you want Moya to be more successful commercially?

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Would you want Moya to be more successful commercially?

Yes, I wish she'd be in the Top Ten on every release
7%
Yes, she deserves the same recognition Enya receives
30%
I'm not worried, she's done fine
56%
I'm not concerned with how much Moya sells
7%

Total votes : 86

Postby Niamh » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:25 pm

I know what you mean.. my friends thought I was mad when I talked about Moya :? But ok, now they know Moya, but they don't like her
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Keiko » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:24 am

I am not worried, she has done fine. An artist who is stading on stage still, on her age,.. that means something,.. not like those 'stars' who score one hit and then fade out of the musicworld. No, Moya has many respects as an artist, coming out of such an gifted family and still loved after all those years, I think she will always has a group of fans, and others behind her.

Keiko

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Maya85 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Niamh wrote:I know what you mean.. my friends thought I was mad when I talked about Moya :? But ok, now they know Moya, but they don't like her

Oh I am sorry for that...
My parents don´t like Moya´s music (it is not their style) but they very respect her like a person and I am glad for that :)
Make my heart a better place
Maya85
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Beth » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:04 pm

Mine have gotten to where they've listened to me talk about her so much and listen to the music at full blast half the time that now they've taken to taking my CDs LOL

But a bit back on topic, sure it would be nice to hear Moya's music on the radio or see the videos on MTV or something like that... but think of what it would do to Moya and her family. I wouldn't want them to be hounded for the stupidest reasons.

Besides.. in the US isn't mostly word of mouth or people Google-ing something on Enya and coming up with Moya ... but I don't think Moya's doing half bad at all!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:41 am

It really doesn't matter in terms of how I like her or perceive her. It would be very cool for more people to have a chance to hear what a great musician she is.

Hawkeye
I would die for my king and my land!
But I must die with my sword in my hand!
Raise my cup in honour of the Lord!
Gives the power I need to wield my sword!!
Hawkeye

Postby Lady Ryu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 am

i do know and love 3 very unknown unfamous artists, and i think they live a better life like that. Moya, Pippo Pollina (italian musician living in switzerland, therefor known "more" in the german speaking region) and Aimee Mann (music to Magnolia, now quite known because of that movie).

just look at the book of moya: while the hightimes of clannad she had a lot of publicity and a lot of "wrong friends", she wasn't happier than, right?

or Aimee Mann: she had a MTV TopTen Hit with her group 'Til Tuesday but then all the producers wanted to have songs like "Voices carry" but she wanted to do something else. result: the first company let her drop and the next company didn't wanted to publish her songs, but refused also to free her to publish them somewhere else. she is tall and blond, so they must have thought "this is going to be the new star!"
in the end, aimee bought her songs back, made her own company (Super Ego Records :mrgreen:) and is producing herself. and she gives also other musicians a chance (United Musicians, another project of her and her husband). she may not sell as much as others, but she gains more money with an album than most others. and here you see how good internet is: she sells directly from her website.

so i think moya does great, even though i would love to hear her songs or clannad songs on the radio and i also wished more people would understand why i'm so in love with her music. but if she would be so famous we couldn't go and talk to her after a concert, which was the best thing of the whole evening.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anna » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:09 am

This may sound selfish, but I don't want Moya to be more successful commercially. She's done fine. OK, this does indeed sound selfish. I want more people to know her and enjoy her music, but I don't want her to be a mega star.

Imagine this place if Moya was in the Top 10 with every release. I don't think there would be such a friendly and familiar atmosphere as there is now. And I really doubt Moya would ever join us for a chat as she does from time to time.

I would like to see her perform live one day and I really hope I will have a chance to tell her how much I enjoy her music afterwards. This would not be possible if she played at large stadiums, even if she wanted to.

And let's not forget the tabloid press...
Anna
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Turlough » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:22 pm

The success I would wish for Moya is that she be considered worthj booking here in America and not merely part of a bygone Clannad.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby lothlorien » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:18 pm

I think she is doing fine :)
she shouldn't become a commercial item, it would be cool to see some more people who enjoy her music as much as we do, but if she becomes too populair, like anna said

Anna wrote:
Imagine this place if Moya was in the Top 10 with every release. I don't think there would be such a friendly and familiar atmosphere as there is now. And I really doubt Moya would ever join us for a chat as she does from time to time.

it just wouldn't be the same, and I don't want to change the way it is now,
but I would LOVE to see a bit more (young) people enjoy her music..
(there is such a small group young moya fans,..like you said Niamh, none of my friends like her either :( )
~*Ba Deas Fadó*~
lothlorien
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Lothlorien: That's why I like the forum so much!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:08 pm

She si doing fine..:D:D:D
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anna » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:40 pm

lothlorien wrote:[...]
(there is such a small group young moya fans,..like you said Niamh, none of my friends like her either :( )

I've got a friend who likes Moya. She introduced me to her music...

By the way, according to this poll, 60% of the forum members were under 30 in 2004, so it seems there are young Moya fans. I don't know many personally though.
Anna
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:42 pm

That's true you know- even on this forum we've quite a few under like 20- marlies, petra, G, myself, Keiko, Niamh... and a whole load of others I'm sure.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Niamh » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:19 pm

yes that surprised me after I joined the forum! But it's really nice!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:58 pm

I was under 20 when I joined the forum.. was 19 at the time.. and I'll be 21 in a few months :mrgreen:
Beth
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General