How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

Heard it? Like it? Want to hear it?

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, All Moderators

How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

I absolutely love the album, my favourite Moya album.
23%
The album is amazing, and i listen to it a lot.
43%
The album is amazing, don't listen to it as much now though.
19%
I don't like it as much as i first did.
No votes
I hardly listen to lately, but i still love the album.
6%
I don't really like TH.
8%

Total votes : 77

Postby AndyPandy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:45 pm

I have to admit i've neglected Two Horizons, but I was listening to An Irish Christmas today and I skipped to TH after that for a change, I had forgotten how lovely the title track is :)

The Jakatta remix of "show me" is pretty good I think too, although not to everyones taste! :P
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:09 pm

"Two Horizons" is my favorite full length Moya CD. I have turned so many people on to her music with that album. But my all time favorite Moya song is "Follow The Word". It will take a lot to beat "Two Horizons".
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:23 pm

Two Horizons was the first Moya album I got, I love it a lot, I didn't vote for my favourite album, because I don't know if I prefer Whisper or Horizons. I love the themes, her harp as always and her voice.. the cover is my favourite moya cover. I love the orange and purple dress.. It's amazing

~Niamh
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

This cd is still in heavy rotation on my cd player

Postby TheresaF » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:17 pm

I love to listen to this album when I want to wind down.

I listen to it a lot at night right before bedtime...it relaxes me so that I can go to sleep. Not bad imagery to have in your head before you close your eyes :D
TheresaF

Postby Lady Ryu » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:12 am

as i just decided to buy a second copy as a late x-mas gift, i think it means i still love it! :lol: i hope my friend likes it as much as i do. she was with me on the concert. and then, she liked moya and the band.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:09 am

Lady Ryu wrote:as i just decided to buy a second copy as a late x-mas gift, i think it means i still love it! :lol: i hope my friend likes it as much as i do. she was with me on the concert. and then, she liked moya and the band.

Buying lots of the same albums is something i do a lot, just don't ask me why :?: :lol: (Especially when it comes down to buying Enya or Moya albums :wink: :mrgreen: )
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby jpanarese » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:10 am

Well, since I work out of my home, I tend to listen to a lot of music throughout the course of a day. TH is still one of the CDs I still find myself selecting as the weeks pass. I can't actually remember when I bought the album, though....I'm getting old...some time before the summer, I think...

John
That which we do in life echoes throughout eternity
jpanarese
Enthusiastic Member

Postby mise » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:19 am

:shock: Suddenly gripped by Change My World. Utterly beautiful and promissing. Powerful stuff!!!
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

two horizons

Postby smf » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:34 pm

Two horizons was the first that I bought. Since really loving it I had ended up buying misty eyed adventures, marie, and whisper to the wild water. I love all of those too.
smf

Postby Niamh » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm

^ It's my first Moya album too.. I still love it.. I can't say which I like the most.. That's different everyday..
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:22 pm

Two Horizons is timeless. I have played TH so many times and everytime i listen to it, the feelings are always there. Infact TH is a prime example of a perfect album. Here are a few examples of other albums i think are perfect,

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi - Enigma
MCMXC a.D - Enigma
Landmarks - Clannad
Harem - Sarah Brightman
Songs of sanctuary - Adiemus
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lady Ryu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:17 pm

hmm, as i saw this topic again, it just struck my mind that i have to listen to TH again! :D
it's a wonderful album. i have to second nigel on that one, it's timeless.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:51 pm

I have to admit I haven't listened to TH a lot lately, but I still think it is amazing. I have 3 excuses:

An Irish Christmas (of course)
Amarantine
And Aerial by Kate Bush

3 great new albums I bought last year and I listen to them all of the time.

A few days ago I decided to play some Moya songs I hadn't listened to for a while and it was a really great experience, shivers all over!! Sometimes when you haven't heard a song for a while and listen to it again you hear new things in it. There can be a sound you hadn't noticed before or a lyric suddenly "kicks in". It can suddenly touch you even more than before.

TH is definitely timeless, but so are Moya's other albums. I just listened to Cé leis, wow what a GREAT song that still is. I am very grateful that we have all this great music. And I am looking forward to the next album (whenever that will be released) I am sure Moya will surprise us yet again with some wonderful new music! :P

Love,

Suzanne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby BenWiganUK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:35 pm

I was terribly disappointed with Two Horizons when I bought it and I'm afraid my opinion hasn't changed. I just cannot get into it. I don't really understand the story it's supposed to be telling. I don't like many of the songs and I don't like the production much. I find that I can't listen to the whole album...it just grates on me.

I used to feel guilty for feeling this way but I don't anymore. I love all of Moya's other albums and all the Clannad albums.

I suppose you just can't like everything.

But I do love the track Tara.
Whisper to the wild water is Moya's masterpiece. Every track a classic.
BenWiganUK
Banned Member

Postby nessieq » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:31 pm

Heya, Ben,
couldn't help but notice your little post there and I decided to respond as no one else seems to be. I don't think you've any reason to feel 'guilty' as you put it over disliking this album- thats your opinion and no one can judge you for it. I also think that Moyas music has really changed in the last few years and, while a lot of fans like that, I for one respect that some people prefer the 'older' sound. Having said that I respect Moya as an artist too for moving on with her music and making it so different. It's easy to settle into a groove and stay with something that works, but it's reaaaally hard to try and take it to a new level, such a huge risk. I think Moya did herself proud in even attempting to do so, and my personal opinion is that it paid off. I can still see where you're coming from though- I mean, compare the first Clannad album with 'Two Horizons'. It's practically a different genre, and the two can't be expected to appeal to the same audience! You've got guts to come on here and say what you think, ben, so well done. I do hope that you still love and listen to moyas other albums and wont let your 'bad experience' with TH have any reprercussions for any future albums?!
n,
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

PreviousNext

Return to Two Horizons