Gweedore Gathering: 2006?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Would you be interested in a Gweedore Gathering 2006?

Absolutely!!
67%
Maybe, just maybe
33%
No way!!
No votes

Total votes : 36

Postby Grania » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:23 pm

Last week of July for me :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:09 am

Is it not possible to remove this poll and then add a new one? This one seems a bit pointless now, since it is obvious loads of people want to come hehe but then we could have guessed, couldn't we!

Yes .... you're right .... prolly not a good idea to go round deleting information though just because I can :) however, we've learned for future reference to ask it such as, "When would you be able to come to Gweedore?" and then the poll options would be a list of dates plus another three: "Any or multiple weeks (please specify)", "I'm a 'maybe'" and "Not Interested" although that final one is really unnecessary because anyone not interested prolly wouldn't vote anyway!

I cast a null vote by viewing the results because none of my annual leave is spoken for next year yet, so I could easily go with the flow.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby sarahCat210 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:36 pm

I would love to go, but my parents wont let me go to Ireland :( This might have been asked already in a different topic, does Moya have any plans for touring in the US :?: I always wanted to see her live :D

Thanks
Sarah
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:03 pm

what date have people agreed on?. i think end of july is good and to meet out leos tavern and i think this should be continued in the gweedore gathering page.
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

I am defenately Going

Postby waynesworld » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:08 pm

[color=brown]I am defenately going, all I have to do is sell this house, and by that time it should be sold.

I will get to see Angus and Beth and Greg, we got to get Greg to come, he was the first one I met; When I got on the forum.

And Beth I got to meet her, she's the one who turned me on to Moya. And Grania, I gave her a good question in castles.

I kinda like groups, I am a socialite, I like to meet people. I would like to meet Nesse, I am curioud about those mountains that go into the sea. May be Citalinia will be there.

It will be fun asking her about Finland, and Finnish Castles. YEA [color=brown
Thats All Folks,

Waynesworld

" A Mans Home Is His Castle"

"Life is like a beutiful woman, love her and she will love you, abuse her and she will claw your eyes out" A paraphrase from Richard Burton
waynesworld

Absalutlely

Postby waynesworld » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:24 pm

Absalutely my dear Grania, just think I can talk to Angus for hours about computers;

and you for hours about British History, and Greg, probally about music, we can discus vibrato

And Nesse i don't know yet, but I will get her on something, you will all be good and exausted when I get through with you YEP!! HA HA, That is a Joke.

I am just clowning around, will enjoy meeting all of you.
Thats All Folks,

Waynesworld

"Life is like a beutiful woman, love her and she will love you, abuse her and she will claw your eyes out" A paraphrase from Richard Burton
waynesworld

Re: Absalutlely

Postby waynesworld » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:35 pm

waynesworld wrote: Grania made a statement and I am not sure where saw it, so this post is kind of just hanging there. Sorry about that.

Absalutely my dear Grania, just think I can talk to Angus for hours about computers;

and you for hours about British History, and Greg, probally about music, we can discus vibrato

And Nesse i don't know yet, but I will get her on something, you will all be good and exausted when I get through with you YEP!! HA HA, That is a Joke.

I am just clowning around, will enjoy meeting all of you.
Thats All Folks,

Waynesworld

waynesworld

Re: I am defenately Going

Postby Beth » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:18 pm

waynesworld wrote: And Beth I got to meet her, she's the one who turned me on to Moya. And Grania, I gave her a good question in castles.

Umm, excuse me... but I have never met you in my life. You keep refering to my name on Unity yet I have no idea who you are there either.

Also, I'm not going on the trip this year as I don't have enough money and need to save for my special guest coming in September.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:49 am

In addition to what Beth now said (and this may have been referenced elsewhere before too), it is now looking very unlikely that a "Gweedore Gathering" will take place in 2006.

This is mainly because many found it very expensive (Ireland is not cheap to get to, and accommodation is expensive, and it's even more expensive if you're coming from a long way from the UK) and a lot of people who would like to make it are simply not able to do it, financially.

We would want the group to be as inclusive as possible, thus we've had to say "no" at this time.

Another thing I feel is worth mentioning is that most of us had known each other over the forum for quite a long time before the idea of such a meet-up was ever floated. So when we did meet, it was like we knew each other (to a degree, anyway). With anything like this, it's always worth spending time getting to know each other for a while before arranging any kind of meet-up.

I'd say that it's wise to take things slowly, let friendships form naturally, and try not to force anything is the way to go with this.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby lizzy1e » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:00 pm

Oh, I didn't realise there wouldn't be a gathering this year. Then I will certainly make even more of a point to save up for next year starting asap. :mrgreen:
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:58 pm

I can be quitte quick with that. Absolutly, haven´t bee there last year, and even probably won´t be there this year. But still... GOOD IDEA
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Fan space