Moderators: nessieq, gregoing, Grania, Daragh, All Moderators

Does Moya Share Too Much?

Yes
5%
No
95%

Total votes : 76

Postby Beth » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:54 am

I'm reading the book again for the 5th time now... and even brought it up at my church meeting Sunday night... which was quite intresting.

I don't think she revealied too much... she was honset about what certain things in your life, what you think are the 'little things.. things you'll forget about one day, can completely change you life and not always for the better.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:05 am

I need to brush the dust of this book and re-read it .... currently ploughing my way through a book my brother bought me for my birthday about this rover they sent to Mars .....

Does her faith continue and grow?
There is a lot more to the story.

I'm sure Moya's faith does continue to grow, but you're right .... I would like to see her "walk with the Lord" side of the story expanded upon a bit more.

And Beth, you're right .... I really liked the brutal honesty with which she faced certain aspects of her life. It beings her to life more, you feel as if you know her a bit more through reading the book. The story is so real!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Daragh » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:59 pm

I was really impressed with how her relationship with Tim grew over their courtship and then into marriage. How the Brennans welcomed him into the family and how Moya was welcomed into his family is a really good read and woudl help any couple who are facing similar issues.

Whether Moya shared too much is something that Moya can only answer fully. One never knows how these things are received until they are put out there and then you deal with the consequences.

I must pick it up and read it again as you never know it might become relevant in the future.

Dar
Forgiveness is the key...not pride!
You know who! from Perfect Time
Daragh

Postby Beth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:58 am

I agree with Dar. I think only Moya can answer that question... sure, maybe for each of us individually there might be things that we were a bit uncomfortable reading... but it just makes Moya human.. to go through all these things in life and be where she is today to tell about it.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:50 am

I agree with both of you, and that's the reason I haven't put anything into this discussion as yet - I think it's something for Moya, and we don't really need to talk about it.
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Niamh » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 pm

I haven't read the book, but I think she doesn't share to much as she thinks it's ok
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby maulwurfinchen » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:01 pm

in my opinion moya shares much but not TOO much. i just couldn't stop reading the book, i was sort of overwhelmed by her experiences and life and how she got over stuff and how great her life finally got. when you read the book you really feel with her but still you are sometimes kind of shocked.
i think it shows how honest she is with herself and how you can change your life for good.
maulwurfinchen

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:10 am

I need to read it again as I really enjoyed it. I have been reading so many of Corrie Ten Boom's books in perperation for visiting her house. http://www.corrietenboom.com/index.html
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Keiko » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:31 pm

I finally read the whole book,.. and I have to say,.. WOW! it's amazing to find out about her! To answer the question, I can't say if Moya has shared too much. That's her choice and descision what she wants to share with the whole world. The only thing I has to say it's really brave saying this and it takes a lot of courage. I think Moya did well. And I love the pictures in the book!!

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:13 pm

I recently bought the book again, and there's an extra chapter on it! =D
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Katy the Wondermonk » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:58 am

8) wOWZERS! I hane not read the book, nor al the posts in this topic...however, the first post is making me check Amazon as I write for a good bid on a copy of it. i always thought that when folks say"candid" they simply meant about the Braonain /Duggain clann. "Hehehehe, those kids" is what I always used to say. Now I see that I have alot more in common there than I thought. Hmm.....I won't say much more; divulging my candid details details would merely make me seem more foolish than I already seem.LOL Bad joke...forgive me. :lol: :oops:
To Beth: I highly agree with your above post on the subject...very eloquently said, mo chara!
Síocháin agus grá
Cáit, an manach iontas
None should act petty, as all hearts are pretty...
Katy the Wondermonk

Postby youremyenergy79 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:15 pm

Roibeard Óg wrote:I recently bought the book again, and there's an extra chapter on it! =D

yes i have it's a new edition :mrgreen:
against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

Postby Wil » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:04 pm

I haven't read it yet, but I'm planning to if i have the book.
Iguess after the reading also the heavy parts my admeration for Moya can grow even more bigger.
:)
Music is my first love, and it will be my last.......
Wil
Enthusiastic Member

Postby edje&anja » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:40 pm

I ordered the book, can't wait to read it.

I think that because she is so open, in her book,as person, but also in her music (Signature) that makes her so special.
We are all just human, we all get our piece of happiness, pain, misery, joy.
Is that wat she is telling?

Edwin
edje&anja
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:18 pm

Well, that's certainly the feeling I get from the book, and now from signature as well, although moya seems keen that we don't interpret them as being one and the same. The message I get from it is definately one of openness and honesty. I read in an interview somewhere about signature, and i think it's applicable here too, something along the lines of 'i'm moya brennan- this is me, like it or leave it' (paraphrasing, sorry).
Hope you enjoy your read!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

PreviousNext

Return to The Other Side of the Rainbow