I just got Two Horizons today...

Heard it? Like it? Want to hear it?

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, All Moderators

Does your Two Horizons have the bonus track on it?

Yes, of course!
88%
No, I wish it did!
12%

Total votes : 25

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:56 pm

I was so shocked that you guys don't like the Show Me Remix. I LOVE IT!!!!! Now it is not my favorite song and I like the orginial better but it is SO much better then "Harpsong". *Now I am really ducking for I know the Tomatos are really going to fly*
It's a great song Moya and some of us really like it!!! :D
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:58 pm

:shock: :shock: You prefer that to harpsong? :shock: :shock: I'm speechless :o
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:02 pm

I do. I don't understand why people don't like it??
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:01 pm

In my opinion, the remix sounds a bit restless. It makes me nervous. I wouldn't say that I hate it, but it's definitely not my favourite on the album. And it's not that I dislike remixes in general. I enjoy listening to the remix of "Rí Na Cruinne" on the remastered "Anam"-album very much.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:11 pm

Genrally I don't care much for remixes but there are a few that I do enjoy for different albums and I do like the Show Me one.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:13 pm

THe constant 'thump thump thump' in the remix gives the the headache from ****. I would prolly enjoy it more if I liked remixes at all but since I don't the song holds no enjoyment at all.

Now, Harpsong on the other hand ... pure genius!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:26 pm

I can see where you're coming from, hermeyjdi, although to be honest the two songs in question are my least favs on the album. I'm not saying they're bad, far from- there's just some amazing music on it and i don't think these two live up to it. If I had to pick between the two I'd go for the remix too, I never took to Harpsong... but it doesnt mean I don't like it. Each to his own, i guess.
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Nigel » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:19 am

LizzyRyan wrote:THe constant 'thump thump thump' in the remix gives the the headache from ****. I would prolly enjoy it more if I liked remixes at all but since I don't the song holds no enjoyment at all.

I disagree with you there Beth, the remix of "Show me" is great! (And i don't even like dance music!!)

LizzyRyan wrote:Now, Harpsong on the other hand ... pure genius!

Agreed Beth, harpsong is pure beauty. Anyone who dislikes this track needs either thier head examining or thier ears tested!!
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:42 am

I don't know. I just don't like the track. It is annoying LOL

@ Ness... how can you NOT like Harpsong (other than the fact that it makes you have to pee)?? It has to be one of the best instrumentals that Moya has ever done if not the best!!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:05 am

Cool Ness. At least someone agrees with me.
I don't care much for instermental. I do like a little bit but not much. My favorite instermental piece from Maire/Clannad (the reason I am adding Clannad is because Moya played on it and becasue the song I picked is a Clannad song) is "Dobhar" from the album "Anam" but if I do have to pick one from Moya's solo albums then I would pick "Doon Well" from "Perfect Time" :D
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:08 am

I like Moya's instrumentals, especially "Doon Well". Considering the fact that "Lady Marian" is my favourite Clannad song, I'd even say that I'm really a fan of instrumentals in general. Another one that I like very much is "Rince Briotánach".
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:39 am

hmmm, Doon Well is my least favourite of Moya's instrumentals, and I don't know why so don't ask lol. Mary of the Gaels has to be my fav I think, closely followed by harpsong :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Lady Ryu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:56 pm

as i am an instrumental-maniac, (various times stated) i like pretty much all instrumentals of moya. harpsong and doon well best, but also the rest.
and the "stop-button" is a good invention for some remixes. but i have to say, most time i just let the song be, and hope for the next as i have "repeat all" for every moya-album in. i can survive the remix, but i really don't know why there has to be such a thing.
or i mix my own album (no, no cd-burner but MiniDisc). so that i have songs of different albums, and certainly NO remix. they're so confusing.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm

Beth wrote:@ Ness... how can you NOT like Harpsong (other than the fact that it makes you have to pee)?? It has to be one of the best instrumentals that Moya has ever done if not the best!!

I dunno beth.. i figure I love moya for her amazing voice- and if it doesnt feature on the track it isnt quite as fabulous!! :oops: It doesnt mean I don't like it- come off it, I love everything that comes out of that amazing womans mind, I just prefer some of it to others, that's all! :wink: Besides, I could hardly leave poor hermeyjdi all by himself with G and you having a go at him, now could I- a war no man could win!! :mrgreen: :wink: :lol: My fav instrumental... Mary of the Gaels. Love it- AND it's an instrumental! 8)
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:24 pm

Thanks Ness for the defense. I agree with you that I love everything that comes from Moya but I perfer the songs that she actually sings on. She has such a beautiful haunting voice.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Two Horizons