The Banner on the forum

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

The Banner on the forum

Postby Beth » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:06 am

I was just wondering if I was the only one having problems iwth the banner on the forum homepage? For the past few days, it has been extremely slow in loading. :?
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:18 am

Hi Beth!

While away over Christmas, I noticed that the banner didn't display properly on my mother's PC. It didn't display the bottom properly, thus chopping Moya's chin off!

I don't know whether it's the same problem with a different manifestation.

Can you try using the board with the subMoya style and the subTrail style? That will let on whether this is due to the template (look and feel) or something about the image itself. The image is the same for both, but only one style gave this problem at my mother's.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Beth » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:29 am

K, I have 3 in the scroll down thingy... subTrail, subMoya and subSilver.

subSilver looks like when the forum was brought back up after the hacking.

subTrail is the Moya banner one but still loads very slowly.

subMoya has the forum in a greenish colour and the Moya banner but it stops loading half way through so from Moya's nose down, it's all black :?
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:42 am

Hi Beth,

What browser are you using? Most people use either Internet Explorer or FireFox. I'll take a look later in the week as a lot has come my way over the past few days.

If you see colours (navy blue) which are then overlaid with images, this is not a fault in and of itself. It just means that a background colour is being set up before the image is drawn.

Yes, subSilver is the default layout with the colours and banners of phpBB itself. When building new skins, it is usual to copy that one and use it as a starting point. subTrail is the one which we had here, and subMoya is the one I designed following the hack when I thought the original design had been lost.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Beth » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:22 pm

I'm using IE.... As far as I see... the banner still didn't fully load again this time (from the bottom of the text to the bottom of the banner) the 'blank area' is black. :?
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:53 pm

Bit slow for me today, but so was eveything. Seems to be better now though!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Return to Administrator