Problems using the colors

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Problems using the colors

Postby sarahCat210 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:32 am

I am sorry if this thread already exists, but I couldn't find it anywhere on here and I fint it a bit strange. I was trying to use the different colors on a post, and it still came out as the deafult color even though I switched it. Does anyone know about this or is it my computer :?: I have also noticed that the codes that are being used are also visible in the post when you use a certain color, is this suposed to happen :?: (Just with me being a student taking flash courses for almost six years I couldn't help asking :roll: )

Thanks again, I really appreciate it
SC
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby gregoing » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:53 am

Well, my posts are always blue, so I might be the one to answer this! If it's not a problem with the code, then I don't know what the problem might be. But to turn text to another color, you can press the "Font colour" thing, select a color, and type your text inside the two codes. Like, if you select blue, it will give you a [color=blue*] code, and a [/color*] code. The first starts the color, and the second ends the color. You just type in-between the code. NOTE::: I had to put the stars in there, because if I didn't, it would have actually used that code. So, just select the Font colour from the drop-down menu, and just type in-between the two codes. Hope this helps! If it doesn't, maybe one of our technical admins might be able to help.

-Greg

EDIT: If you type a code the right way, with no spaces inside it or any of that stuff, the codes should be invisible and should not show up in the final post.
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby sarahCat210 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:31 am

gregoing wrote:Well, my posts are always blue, so I might be the one to answer this! If it's not a problem with the code, then I don't know what the problem might be. But to turn text to another color, you can press the "Font colour" thing, select a color, and type your text inside the two codes. Like, if you select blue, it will give you a [color=blue*] code, and a [/color*] code. The first starts the color, and the second ends the color. You just type in-between the code. NOTE::: I had to put the stars in there, because if I didn't, it would have actually used that code. So, just select the Font colour from the drop-down menu, and just type in-between the two codes. Hope this helps! If it doesn't, maybe one of our technical admins might be able to help.

-Greg

EDIT: If you type a code the right way, with no spaces inside it or any of that stuff, the codes should be invisible and should not show up in the final post.

Thank you very much Greg. I think I know what I didn't do :oops: Because it seems to be working now :D Thank you very much

Regards,
SC
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:06 pm

To use colours, use this:

Code: Select all
[color=red]This is in red![/color]

and it will render thus:

This is in red!

The same is true of the other colours for formatting, and you can 'nest' them as required as well. Just remember that if you do nest them, you must close them in the reverse order to what you opened them. Thus, the following are both correct:

[color=red][b][i]Red, bold, and in italics[/i][/b][/color]

[b][color=red][i]Red, bold, and in italics[/i][/color][/b]

and will render thus:

Red, bold, and in italics

but the following is incorrect:
[color=red][b][i]Red, bold, and in italics[/color][/b][/i]
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Administrator