Your opinion of your life in general?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

What is your opinion of your life in general?

Great, My life could not be better!
5%
Fine, but i have had some bad times.
27%
Im happy, but i need something more.
22%
i have had a bad life, but im happy.
5%
Im not sure, im usually happy.
12%
Crap, but i get by.
12%
Terrible, everyday is agony for me.
10%
I would say i have done ok in my life.
7%

Total votes : 41

Your opinion of your life in general?

Postby Nigel » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:52 pm

What is your honest opinion of your life, at the moment, in the future, and in the past? Do you have regrets, and disappointments. And what about great memories and moments. Could you have done better? What do you hope for?
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Sandy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:39 am

Good question. Actually, I've been through a lot. To this day I still deal with the aftereffects of some very painful experiences from long ago.

But in the last ten years or so, I've found my vocation (art), and I can recognize what I think is my life's touchstone - the need to create. I need to have a sense of hope and possibility just to survive. And while I do still struggle with faith & doubt, I also know that God is a part of my life and my work.

I suppose, at 43, I've come a long way, and yet I still have a long way to go. (That explains my favorite quotation!)

:roll:

Sandy

@-->-->--
'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple' - Jenny Joseph

**I am not a has-been - I am a will-be**
Sandy
Addicted to Moya

Happy...

Postby cantilena91 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:57 am

I have had ups and downs through my life, but my physical (only slight!) disability has learned me to survive from bad things...

(Suvi)
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ageless Messanger » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:43 am

I had voted for: I would say i have done ok in my life. Because I can say that I have done a lot of bad things, in my life, as well as some good things, but both, the good and bad, have changed my life completely, for the better and for the worst.

A.M.
Believe me
I'm not afraid
Teach me
To learn Your ways
Carry me
Under Your wings
In Your perfect time-Maire Brennan
Ageless Messanger
Enthusiastic Member

Location: Feeling 22, Acting 17, This is the craziest I have ever been

Postby Garbo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:15 am

Jeez, that's deep! A great friend of mine told me something really awesome that I hold true about always look at everything, every person, every moment as a learning experience and character building because otherwise life would suck. I mean I've had a crap life just as many have also and being only eighteen I thought I have no future, but what she told me is so true. I believe I am nothing without God also and that it's because of Him that I even breath. It's not easy to have pain and be hurt and I've had that, but it's made me a better person and I know that's God's doing. I guess that sounds cheesy and maybe Little House on the Prairie has gotten to me ;) but I believe that's true otherwise I would have killed myself a long time ago.
Take care everyone and have an awesome day! :D
Garbo
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Rory » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:59 am

What about 'very unusual'? :roll:
Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.
Rory

Postby Victoire » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:11 pm

My life's been crap. That's all I have to say. But-my life couldn't have been better. :cry: *runs off and takes her life that's crap, with her-not knowing where she'll go* :cry:

Hey, ya know, I'll just look on the bright side of things, and try to make them more positive. :D
Victoire

I have nothing to hide
Nothing to show
I have now lived
Through it all
And then some.
Victoire

Your opinion for your life in general

Postby Chroí » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:22 am

Hi !

My life is quite better than one or two years ago. Creation is an essential part of my life, and of my happiness too ! So writing is my own channel to express my inner life. It brings me peace, hope, and the energy to face the inavoidable difficulties of an normal life. Maybe I could get a better quality of life if I were healthier, but I abandon my will and my desires to God, like an infant, more and more, day after day; and music listening, meditation, and a kind of amazement in front of all beauty of the world help me daily. Inspired music listening is the most important of all, and also friendship : an unexpected e-mail, call or visit, what could be more enjoyable...? But some periods are boring, chiefly when disease deprives me of some attractive activities. Nevertheless I feel from the depth of my heart that God "guides me outside this frame" -to speak like Moya (Where I stand)- and "reaches me within my soul", for I've "found His love inside me". It's not simply a way of speaking, but a true experience. And I wish all of you the same...

Chroi
A Thiarna Dé, Bhi tart ar mo chroí, rinne tu ur mé. O Lord God, my heart was thirsty, You made me new.
Chroí

Re: Your opinion for your life in general

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:32 am

Chroí wrote:Hi !

My life is quite better than one or two years ago. Creation is an essential part of my life, and of my happiness too ! So writing is my own channel to express my inner life. It brings me peace, hope, and the energy to face the inavoidable difficulties of an normal life. Maybe I could get a better quality of life if I were healthier, but I abandon my will and my desires to God, like an infant, more and more, day after day; and music listening, meditation, and a kind of amazement in front of all beauty of the world help me daily. Inspired music listening is the most important of all, and also friendship : an unexpected e-mail, call or visit, what could be more enjoyable...? But some periods are boring, chiefly when disease deprives me of some attractive activities. Nevertheless I feel from the depth of my heart that God "guides me outside this frame" -to speak like Moya (Where I stand)- and "reaches me within my soul", for I've "found His love inside me". It's not simply a way of speaking, but a true experience. And I wish all of you the same...

Chroi

Ah yes...this is something I need to learn too - and keep learning. One thing I am fairly certain of, though - that at least for myself the will to create is a gift of God. That, and a sense of hope and possibility.

:)

Sandy

@-->-->--
'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple' - Jenny Joseph

**I am not a has-been - I am a will-be**
Sandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby mise » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:22 pm

My life is wonderful at the moment. I get inspired by so many things .Also I have been making many new friends and met some dear lost friends. I am very grateful for the way my life is unfolding at the moment.

My biggest inspiration is the little poem Máire included at the end of the book. I think it has changed my outlook on life immensly and put many things in a different perspective.
I am not sure if I can quote, but I will for the benefit of those who can't get the book:

Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the pattern and explain the reason why
The dark threads are as needful in the Weaver's skilful hand
As the threads of gold and silver for the pattern He has planned
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby AndyPandy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:30 pm

At the moment my life is crap, but there is a very beautiful light at the end of the tunnel..... :wink:
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:59 pm

AndyPandy wrote:At the moment my life is crap, but there is a very beautiful light at the end of the tunnel..... :wink:

Aw.... Well nice to hear that (how do i say that .....) oki let's say you see light at the tunnel(srry sounds stupid). Got happier from the eggs :wink: :mrgreen:

Well i think my life's great at the moment. Can't think of any big problems i had...

Marlies
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Bal Winton » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:17 pm

I wouldn't say my life is perfect... i have this nasty habit of cocking things up and not just with school work etc... Sometimes i just don't realise that my activities or as the case more recently may have been inactivities are actually just messing things up.

However, this year is definitely a vast improvement on last year - without a doubt. There are few major regrets although there are things i would have done differently without a doubt.

There's loads of other stuff i could put in here too but they're more private so... *pushed them away* ^^ I dunno, ask me again at the end of December. ^^
Bal Winton

Postby skippy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 pm

My life is my life, the only one I'm going to get, so I'm just trying to do the right thing and make what I can of it. I am trying to spend more time appreciating what's around me. Rainbows, scenery, beautiful skies as the sun goes down, stars in a crystal clear sky. It's all out there and I'm glad I get a chance to see it all.

I can't have any regrets and wish my life away. If I changed anything in my past I might not have my wonderful kids or other things I'm proud to have.

Great moments? Some things always stick in my memory. Hearing I was going to become a Dad. Getting a first hug back from my first-born. Seeing Moya live in Dun Laoghaire. Let me tell you though, life has nothing on offer to beat the love of your child. Many bad things too, but they are past now and I am moving ahead.

There are many things I could have done better. But I've always taken my responsibilities seriously, so I feel I've done OK. My kids have always been loved and secure. I've worked hard for the last 27 years without a break and made sure my family are comfortable.

What I need to sort out going forward is to be more considerate of others. I would like to find a positive way to do something useful for someone other than myself. At the moment I feel a bit 'empty' inside if you know what I mean? I lack any real goal or purpose in life. I hope I work out what to do before I leave it too late!

If you're still reading at this point, then you, like me, have too much time on your hands right now!
:roll:
skippy
Enthusiastic Member

Postby the whistleplayer » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:08 pm

Well, my life's fine at the moment. After a difficult period a few years ago it's getting better and better slowly but steady :mrgreen: So it's going upwards anyway.
The last two years I've discovered a lot of things that I like and would like to do. Some things I really like (of which music and writing are the most important) and I would like to do more with them, if possible on a reasonable amature or maybe professional (with writing) level. But that will take some time. Anyway, I seem to be getting back to the person I really am, deep inside and that's the same person I was when I was a child: someone with an open mind (as much as possible) and not afraid of what others might think of her, someone with a lot of ideas, dreams and hopes and someone not afraid of showing her real self... :mrgreen:
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer
Really Enthusiastic Member

Next

Return to Fan space