Any Trekkies?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Do you consider yourself a Trekkie?

Beam me out of 21st century Earth!
22%
No, just a fan...
33%
Sshh...I don't want my friends to know!
No votes
What's a Trekkie?
8%
I prefer real life soaps...
6%
Just a plain 'no'
31%

Total votes : 36

Postby Bal Winton » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:55 pm

Picard. ^^

I'm yet to see Patrick Stewart in a bad role, he rocks as both Picard and Proffessor X and should stay in movies for... forever. ^^
Bal Winton

Re: Any Trekkies?

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:26 am

the whistleplayer wrote:
wonky_eggs wrote:Avid collector of the DVDs and regular Star Trek Magazine reader here!

Well, I've only got one next generation series on dvd, but I'd love more of them...it's just that they aren't exactly what you would call cheap :?
But I buy very Star Trek magazine! (It's being imported here from the UK!)

It's a shame you're not here in the UK - HMV are selling them at half price £45 each for TNG & DS9!
wonky_eggs

Postby Keiko » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:50 am

I love evrything what is space-related! It's very cool and so SF! Love that! I saw (I believe it was The Next Generation) And it's very cool. But my love goes a little more to Star Wars 8) . I am a huge fan of that :D

Greetz

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:37 pm

I like the "The next generation" series a lot and I used to watch it every day when it was shown. My favourite characters are Picard and Dr. Crusher. What a pity that they never married!

I don't mind that Star Trek is sometimes a bit illogical, it's a cool series and I enjoyed watching it very much.
Only a few times, the crew's behaviour is really too strange. In one episode, the Enterprise reaches a planet that has some problems. And while they try to solve them, more and more members of the crew fall ill. Dr. Crusher tries to find out, how the illness spreads and at the end of the episode (everyone is nearly dead and the situation is rather critical), she recognizes that it spreads... through the air! :shock: What a genius! Isn't this the most common way diseases spread? :lol:
I was a bit shocked that none of the crew members thought about wearing protective clothing with air filters. I mean, that's what people do in reality when people suffer from an unknown disease.
Are the producers of Star Trek so much focused on future inventions that they forget about what we already have?

Some minutes ago, I noticed that the 'Nemesis'-film will be shown on TV in a few days. That's brilliant! I liked it very much and looking forward to watch it again.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:59 am

I am not a Star Trek fan. I have watched episodes from the orginal and then whatever series came after that one. I think it was the next generation but I would never say that I am a fan. I do however love the 80's sitcom ALF. Alf once said in one of his shows that Star Trek is an icon for millions of people who have no life. Although I think it is harsh I do find it funny. People have told me the same thing about Alf so I guess I don't have a life either.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby stephw » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:15 am

I thought that I had posted in this thread already. Oh, well. I am a big fan. I don't consider myself a Trekkie, but I will say "yes" if people ask me.

Ardens, which episode is this?

I like how Star Trek gets you thinking about how to treat people. It really reflects life.

I'm most into "Next Generation" and then "Voyager." I enjoy Voyager because Janeway is one strong woman character.

Stephanie
stephw
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Keiko » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:19 am

I wondered, if Star Trek fans are calles 'Trekkies' what are Star Wars fans called then? Warsies? :mrgreen: I like to know that!

greetz

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby beth53 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:31 pm

i only like star trek voygaer and whats her name erm hoho kate mulgrew thats it i like her as cap janeway.

beth53 :lol:
beth53
Banned Member

Postby Angoid » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Kate Mulgrew is indeed the real name for Captain Janeway :)

I like all the captains: Kirk, Picard, and Janeway.

From TNG I really loved Data (Brent Spiner) ... hey, when anyone asked me questions along the lines of, "Who plays <character>?" my autoanswer is, "No idea" because I've simply never been into actors, etc. so to know the real names of some of the characters is, for me, pretty amazing!

I sort of like Deanna Troi, but her mother gets on my nerves, as does Q. Any episodes of TNG involving Troi's mother or Q ends up as a test for the "Off" button on the TV.

But my favourite series has got to be Voyager, followed by the original, and then TNG (although TNG grew on me over time).

Never got on with DS9, although Odo was a classic character .... very (shape)shifty!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Lady Ryu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:34 pm

hm, i like th original series. spok is just so cooool. "fascinating"

Sure, you won't change your mind?
Spok : "Is there something wrong with the one I have?"

i would like to watch more Voyager, as janeway and chekotee (how is that written?) are a good team.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby the whistleplayer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:49 pm

Angoid wrote:I sort of like Deanna Troi, but her mother gets on my nerves, as does Q. Any episodes of TNG involving Troi's mother or Q ends up as a test for the "Off" button on the TV.

Really??? :shock: I love Q, had to get used to him at first, but he's really great. He's placing the whole series in a different perspective, pointing out the relativity of it all, like the whole command structure in Starfleet, humanity, Picard... :wink: In Voyager I think he's even better against Janeway, she's more up to him than Picard I think. Picard lets Q get to him, Janeway is more 'above' him.

As for Deanna's mother, she can be annoying yes, but she's really just being herself. It's kind of funny how her personality clashes with the social atmosphere on the enterprise. She's the opposite of the character you'd expect of a Starfleet officer. And she's really nice to Alexander, Worf's son, when he is having emotional difficulties and problems with his father (forgot what episode it is.. it's the one where she almost gets married to a stranger)

But then again... I kind of like rebellious personalities, being one myself :mrgreen:

Still.. DATA RULES :mrgreen: I agree with you on that Angoid!
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:11 pm

Keiko I am with you. I like Star Wars much better then Star Trek.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:14 pm

I love Deanna!!! But Luaxanna does drive me up the wall :lol: As for Q - who's seen the voyager episode where he tries to marry Janeway? That one rocks :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Ardens » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:20 pm

Deanna's mother is sometimes really annoying, but her behaviour is sometimes really funny. She's a strange character. The episodes she appears in are not my favourites. :lol:

I also don't like the episodes which are about nothing but negotiations. I want some action! :lol:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby beth53 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:00 pm

i like kate better she is so cool.
beth2
beth53
Banned Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space