Suggestion: Birthday - Tool

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Would you like your birthday displayed?

Yes (and also with my age)
59%
Yes (but leave off my age)
18%
I'm not all that bothered to be frank
23%
No way!!!
No votes

Total votes : 22

Suggestion: Birthday - Tool

Postby Lady Ryu » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:43 pm

i've seen here various thread with congratulations for birthdays so i tought it would be nice to have a Birthday-Tool like other forums. :idea:

on the end of the mainpage would be written all members who have their birthday this day.
of course it shouldn't be a must to write down his/her birthday.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi Lady Ryu,

I know ..... a bit of water has gone under the bridge now, but I did see this a few days ago.

As far as I know, phpBB does not support displaying peoples birthdays. But it may be possible to add one on.

I don't mind researching this, but first I'd like to know how many would be interested. To this end, I'm adding a poll to this and see what comes of it!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Beth » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:29 pm

I like it.. I like the idea... makes it easier on my poor little confused brain that way I won't have to fully remember birthdays LOL
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:13 am

I'm also comfortable with the idea, just because I belong to several other forums with this kind of a function! Thanks for bringing the idea into daylight!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:06 pm

Hey Lady Ryu,

this is a great idea. :D In the forum on Enya's website there's a "Birthday Tool" and it's nice to know when somebody has his birthday (for congratulations, if you have friendship with somebody).
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:02 pm

Support for this is fairly positive :) so I think it's worth researching it and see what I can come up with :D

Two riders though:
  • With Christmas approaching I've got a lot of 'out-of-the-ordinary' things on and coming up, so this will prolly have to wait until the New Year now.
  • I can't (and won't!) promise anything .... I always say that in case there is something that prevents me from being able to do it. I'm one of these people who would rather not say "I will do it" then find for some reason that I can't as this creates a lot of disappointment.

But as they say .... watch this space!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby stephw » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:39 am

I wouldn't mind if a birthday tool was added. I also wouldn't feel bad if it isn't implemented because of technical limitation. However, I voted for a "yes."

Stephanie
stephw
Enthusiastic Member

Postby AndyPandy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:37 pm

I can't say it bothers me having my birthday on here, but those people who know me well enough already know my birthday and they'll send me an e-card (at least i'd hope they would) :P
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 pm

I am all for it!
Joshua
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby sarahCat210 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:51 am

I foted Yes I think it would be cool to have a birthday tool on there so I can wish everyone a happy birthday :D

SC
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby Fjalladís » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:51 am

I think it is a good idea, as I don't know the birthdays of many people here and it would be nice to send them congrats. :wink:
I felt so happy, seing my name in a birthdaytopic, that I would like to see other people as happy as me. :mrgreen:
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:46 am

I've collected a few innovative thoughts on how to do this, so it's a case of getting the time to look at implementing this early in the New Year now I think.

Thanks for all the positive feedback ... further comments, voting, etc. are still welcome though!
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Administrator