How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

Heard it? Like it? Want to hear it?

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, All Moderators

I absolutely love the album, my favourite Moya album.
23%
The album is amazing, and i listen to it a lot.
43%
The album is amazing, don't listen to it as much now though.
19%
I don't like it as much as i first did.
No votes
I hardly listen to lately, but i still love the album.
6%
I don't really like TH.
8%

Total votes : 77

Postby Nigel » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:57 am

One thing that will always set a truly amazing album apart from an average album. Is if you can listen to it years after release and think, this is an amazing album.

I find that with TH, i can listen to it anytime. And still get those emotions i first got when i brought the album :mrgreen:

So for me personally, this album still is one of Moya's best. Which i still listen to a lot :mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:54 am

Have been receiving and buying so many new CDs lately that sadly Moya's music has not been playing in my CD player for some months!! But still I think that TH isn't Moya's best album to date...

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Fjalladís » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:51 am

All of Moyas music I hear a lot and for me it is: the nore I hear an album the more I like it, because you can always find some new harmonies, you didn't hear before. That is espacially with the first two albums, but also with the others.
When I first heard TH I thought, this is really close to Enya, not only because of the style, but because of the homogenic sound of it. But if you listen to it more often, you find special harmonies in every piece.
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby the whistleplayer » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:35 pm

Sorry, but to me TH just isn't in the same league as Whisper to the Wild Water... 8)
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer

Postby Grania » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:24 pm

I don't listen to TH as much as I used to - but it's still excellent!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:24 pm

Same here ... I've acquired such a lot of music recently that I don't have enough hours in the evenings to listen to it all! I wish I was like Data in Star Trek TNG who can listen to .... how many?!?!?! Well, at least dozens of tracks simultaneously and enjoy them all as much!

Seriously, although I don't listen to TH as much nowadays it doesn't mean I've gone off it .... like G I still think it's as good now as the day I first got it.

...the nore I hear an album the more I like it, because you can always find some new harmonies, you didn't hear before...

Exactly. To me, this is what makes music. If there's always something fresh about the music (including in Moya's case as well something in the lyrics just reaches the parts other songs cannot reach :lol: ) then I'll listen to it time and time again.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Fjalladís » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:23 am

Angoid wrote:
...the nore I hear an album the more I like it, because you can always find some new harmonies, you didn't hear before...

Exactly. To me, this is what makes music. If there's always something fresh about the music (including in Moya's case as well something in the lyrics just reaches the parts other songs cannot reach :lol: ) then I'll listen to it time and time again.

well that should music be, I absolutly agree with you. But not every music really IS that way. When I think at this main-stream-music... I remeber in the sommer, there was a hit in the radio (don't remember name or artist) and in the song was one harmonyI always thought: oh this one is really witty and authentic. You know: ONE harmony in the whole song and that was such a speciallty in these main-stream-radio, that I recognised it everytime I heard it ;)
That's why Moya's music is something special. ;)
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís

Postby Angoid » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:06 pm

Another thing is that Moya's music has a lot of "staying power". How many groups, particularly mainstream groups, can you think of that have come and gone? Not just their songs, but the entire group!

Moya may not be producing albums as quickly as many of these, but she's stood the test of time and passed it with flying colours! She's still there, along with Enya and Clannad, producing good quality music on a "slowly but surely" basis.

My first Moya album was Perfect Time; I still listen to it even today in addition to the others.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Fjalladís » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:24 pm

Some days ago I read about Enyas albums, that they are: still selling, like classical albums.
I think that is the same with the Moya and Clannad albums, they are not depending on a special time.

Fjalladís

Postby Lady Ryu » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:56 pm

yeah, they're just timeless. i can't think of a time or day where it wouldn't be right in anyway to listen to them. i have a friend, and he is firefighter. (here it is just called feuerwehrmann, but i love the word Firefighter). he was one of the first entering the building where a maniac run amok and killed 14 people of the government of zug. i don't even want to know what he saw. he told me that enya's music helped him really a lot to go on with his life. it's just the peace of her music and her voice.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:01 pm

I love TH; it's just a great album. But nevertheless I'm looking forward to Moya's Christmas album. :)
Last edited by Macha on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:37 pm

I really love Two Horizons, though I don't listen so often to it lately. I should do that soon again.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby AndyPandy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:16 pm

I still love the album, especially "falling" but i've not listened to it for a while. Irish Christmas and Enya's new one have taken over :P
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Annika » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:28 am

I think it's a great album, but haven't been listening to it for a while since Enya's new album gets all my attention nowadays. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find Moya's Christmas album yet, which annoys me a bit. Hopefully I can get it before Christmas...
Climbing high just to feel free
Dreaming of love everywhere
Annika

Postby lizzy1e » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:44 pm

I remember at first that I wasn't mad about Two Horizons and feel a bit embarrassed that I even said that now. Now I really love it... I think I was just expecting the wrong thing when I listened to it at first. It's a great album and "Falling" is the absolute best! :mrgreen:
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to Two Horizons