Seems the forum is working properly again?

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Seems the forum is working properly again?

Postby Hester » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:39 pm

Hey, I can post a message again! Does this mean the problem with the forum hacker is finally solved?
It seems to be working properly again...(although the link with Moya's website is still showing the "DB-utilities" site)

Hester
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:30 pm

This is not angoid.

I am working with the admins to try to solve the issues.

We are workiing out of a hidden forum at Essexhosting - link below.

================

I have uploaded a bare copy of the v2.0.4 index.php that was 'damaged'.

I have installed the subsilver (standard) style, to try and remove the log in/out problem.

It may be a inconsistancy with the files.

================

My suggestion.

Copy away to a local drive the current software.

Copy up a complete v2.0.4 - make it work as a standard subsilver style.

Update that to v 2.0.18 which is the current version.

Then add/alter the styles after.

Please confirm, and I will do all that tonight.

================

ChrisRLG

( www.malwareremoval.com & http://forum.essexhosting.com )
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Re: Seems the forum is working properly again?

Postby Fjalladís » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:30 pm

H.E.N wrote:Hey, I can post a message again! Does this mean the problem with the forum hacker is finally solved?
It seems to be working properly again...(although the link with Moya's website is still showing the "DB-utilities" site)

Hester

I came here about the link from the Moya-site, so it seems to be working again. Yeah!!! Only the layout is different, eh??
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

Sorry (not Angoid again)

I did that - to try to remove a login problem. We still have it.

The default style is still available from the adminCP - to be able to be reset.

The first priority - apart from removing all the hackers posts etc - is to get this forum software uptodate - so that no future hacks are possible.

That will be easier with the standard style suppied with the phpBB2 software. The old style may not even work with the new updated files, so may need to be redone at that time.

ChrisRLG

Re: Seems the forum is working properly again?

Postby Hester » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

Fjalladís wrote:I came here about the link from the Moya-site, so it seems to be working again. Yeah!!! Only the layout is different, eh??

I guess they have adjusted the link a few minutes ago!!! I think that is great because now everybody can post again :D
about the layout....it had the old layout when I checked it this afternoon but I guess it has this layout because like Chris said, they're working out of a hidden forum at Essex hosting....I am sure it will soon change back to the old familiar look...
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:50 pm

Information request - should this room be hidden except for admins.

ChrisRLG
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby ChrisRLG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:56 pm

OK I am 'registered' as myself now.

Please let me know what problems you are having with the forum software.
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Angoid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:03 pm

This is the real Angoid :D

Thanks Chris .... I'll pop over to EssexHosting and see what you and Jimw did to resolve this.

You into Moya Brennan? How about a copy of her new album to say thanks for your work? :lol:

This forum has always been publicly viewable. It's for people to ask questions of the Site Administrators or raise issues of an administerial nature. A kind of "site-related" forum if you llike.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Grania » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:28 pm

GREAT to be back!

The Moya forumers will love you forever! lol :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Macha » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:37 pm

Yeah, it's great to be back again here. :D I have to confess that I've missed the forum. And the new style of the forum is just wonderful. It really fits the look of Moya's new album. :D
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 pm

Can you see the new style now?!?!?
With my computer the phpbb logo style is still up....
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:05 pm

<topic split away so some of us could talk techie :) >
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Angoid » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 pm

Hiya all,

There was a lot of techie stuff coming up in this thread, so I've moved that away so as not to interfere with this discussion and cause "huh?!?! what are they on about?" questions :D

I discovered the original skin, and as you may be able to see it still works OK.

However, I'd done some considerable work to rebuild the skin before realising that the original was still there, so instead of throwing it away I left it there and uploaded it, calling it "subMoya".

You should all now be seeing either the original skin or my new one. If you're seeing the blue skin with the phpBB logo, then you're using the default "subSilver" skin.

Here is a tutorial on how to alter the skin you're using; set it to either subTrail or subMoya if you don't want the blue one with the phpBB logo.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Administrator