Love Came Down album cover + sound clips...

Space to discuss Moya's Christmas album

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, Grania, All Moderators

Do you like the cover of "Love Came Down?"

Yes, I love it!
67%
It's ok.
16%
I hate it! It's so not Moya!
18%

Total votes : 45

Postby lizzy1e » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:17 pm

I think they are abstract angel wings... I think the whole idea is a lovely style. Sadly our local music store went "huh?' when I asked them if they were getting it... I'm supposed to ask them later when it is released internationally. Two Horizons was so heavily promoted you'd think they'd get this too.
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby jelswick » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:48 pm

The "twigs" are actually corkscrew willow...I've always loved them..
jelswick

Postby Lady Ryu » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:13 am

so i had finally the possibility to listen to the soundclips. silent night stays silent night, it's a wonderful christmas song, but i don't feel so christmas like at the moment. :lol:

the other clips are short but really nice. looking forward to the release.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby gregoing » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:06 pm

Hey, everyone. Today you can order An Irish Christmas from FierceShop. It's £12 with free U.K. shipping. You can also order from CrossRhythms and CrossRhythms Direct (even cheaper than ordering from Fierce).
Also, it appears that CMC Distribution is a Canada-based company, which would also indicate that the 15 November release date is for Canada, at least.

Enjoy!

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby Endymion » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:41 am

gregoing wrote:Hey, everyone. Today you can order An Irish Christmas from FierceShop. It's £12 with free U.K. shipping. You can also order from CrossRhythms and CrossRhythms Direct (even cheaper than ordering from Fierce).
Also, it appears that CMC Distribution is a Canada-based company, which would also indicate that the 15 November release date is for Canada, at least.

Enjoy!

-Greg

And for Portugal?? when is released??
How can i know that kind of this?
Endymion
Enthusiastic Member

Postby LuzEstrella » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:35 pm

I love the beautiful cover. It is very artistic. I sure beats another cover with someone dressed the standard cliche of a red velvet outfit with white fur trim and standing by a fireplace !!!
LuzEstrella

Postby Ardens » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:12 pm

LuzEstrella wrote:I love the beautiful cover. It is very artistic. I sure beats another cover with someone dressed the standard cliche of a red velvet outfit with white fur trim and standing by a fireplace !!!

I agree with you, the cover is maybe not everyone's favourite, but it's not cliché. I'm glad that she didn't dress up as Santa Claus or as a reindeer, I think it's OK as it is. :lol:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby gregoing » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:52 pm

Hey, everyone. I have found that you can now preorder the album on Amazon.co.uk. It says the album will be released on 7 November.

EDITED: FierceShop has also lowered the price of their album from £12.00 to £9.95. Again, there is free delivery to the U.K. when you order from this website.

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Album cover

Postby emerald » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:16 am

I don't know much about her other album covers to compare, but for a holiday album cover, I don't really know what she was going for. Is she the angel on top of the tree? ;-) I will definitely buy the album though.
"Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream"
Whisper To The Wild Water
emerald

Postby sarahCat210 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:10 am

I am very sorry if this dpesnt belong in this thread, but can anyone confirm that moya's release date has been moved to October 31st? I have looked everywhere, but no answers.

Thanks
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:49 am

I was going to preorder this along with the new Enya album on Amazon.co.uk but then they listed the Enya album in such a way that it seems like an old imported item that should be bought 2nd hand and has no option for preordering - so I couldn't manage to pursuade my parents to let me use their credit card for just the one from there.

I did, however, order a copy of Brídín's debut album. Woo hoo.

Will have to wait to get Love Came Down.
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Love Came Down

Postby Mairefan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:29 pm

For the Dutch fans:

I wrote to GMI Music (just for Christian music..) which sells the new album of Moya in the Netherlands. They answered me that they will expect Love Came Down half november, perhaps a little bit earlier. I have to mail my address + bank account number + authorization for that to get the cd.

More info (Acrobat Reader necessary!)

http://www.gmimusicpartners.com/mediasi ... 202005.pdf
Mairefan

Re: Love Came Down

Postby Yvonne » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:29 am

Mairefan wrote:For the Dutch fans:

I wrote to GMI Music (just for Christian music..) which sells the new album of Moya in the Netherlands. They answered me that they will expect Love Came Down half november, perhaps a little bit earlier. I have to mail my address + bank account number + authorization for that to get the cd.

More info (Acrobat Reader necessary!)

http://www.gmimusicpartners.com/mediasi ... 202005.pdf

Thank you very much! I have been looking for it on Dutch sites and could not find it anywhere. So Moya's cd will not be available in the "normal" stores then...???? PT and WTTWW are available in Christian shops, but also in the "normal" cd-shops. Well, I can check with a Christian shop. May be they will have it, too!

Suzanne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Love Came Down

Postby Fjalladís » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Hey there!
I have to say, that I absolutly don't like these new pics. This is not Moya. As someone before (Hester, wasn't it you?) I like more the natural look as at the pics from Rwanda or (which I like best) the pic from the love CD. Moya's music is so smooth and kind and done to earth and these new pics are so comercial, very blond and (sorry gyus) american and so shrill. So its not the Moya I know. (And I like dark hair more than blond ;) ) And for me it is not going conform with her kind of music.
What do you think? Are the pics expressing really Moya?
Greetings to you all, Christina
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Endymion » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:02 am

I like these new pics,its Moya in 2005.
Why she can't change her look only for the album cover??
Each album cover should have a new look and this one has this new look we see,like it or not you will listen to it.
Also happend with Enya,each album cover has a different look.
Endymion
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to An Irish Christmas