Love Came Down album cover + sound clips...

Space to discuss Moya's Christmas album

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, Grania, All Moderators

Do you like the cover of "Love Came Down?"

Yes, I love it!
67%
It's ok.
16%
I hate it! It's so not Moya!
18%

Total votes : 45

Postby Phantas » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:45 am

Angoid wrote:After thinking about it some more, I think this new album's cover has grown on me to a large degree. OK, not my favourite, but it's OK. And ..... yes, I've said this before, it's the music you buy an album for, not the artwork :)

Please folks .... lighten up a little, hey? We come here for fun and to discuss the music (and the artwork!) and as soon as it becomes a fun-free zone I'm outta here! Because I simply don't have time for in-fighting!

Each one of us is entitled to their own opinion .... I don't worship Moya either. But that doesn't stop me really loving her music. Some of her songs have really reached me at times when no other music could, but there are times when I might go 2 or 3 days without listening to a single Moya track! And then there are times when I seem to listen to nothing but Moya.

I'm looking forward to this new album and have already placed an order for it at my local Christian bookshop. I should therefore get it almost hot off the press assuming the wheel doesn't fall off and it doesn't come through at all to the shop.

Couldn't agree more with most of what you said Angoid! I was trying to get some fun back in the topic...but some just didn't appreciate it I guess :(

And I feel just the same - lately I have been going without listening to Moya, but that doesn't prevent me from loving her music! And the clips I've heard on the CMC site just sounded right, and nice, and wonderful etc etc. LOL!

I'm just living on "cloud #9" right now...what with new Enya music on the way, as well as new Moya music! And also other music coming out - November is going to be an expensive month!

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:33 pm

November's an expensive month for me as well .... car insruance just came up for renewal :( then it's the TV licence (another hundred quid for nothing that the government won't call by its real name - 'tax on having a TV set') and then it's time for the car's MOT :( :cry:

So ..... a couple of new albums for me are small fry really :)

Life goes on!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby gregoing » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:35 pm

Hey, everyone. I've just found some very interesting stuff. First off, here's the official press release on Republic Media in Adobe PDF format.

Regarding release dates:
On Streets Online, we see the release date as being 7 November.
Back on Republic Media, we find a release date of 31 October.
However, on CrossRhythms and CrossRhythms Direct, we see that the tentative release date is 17 October, less than a week away from now.

I have also noticed that these are all British websites, so we know these are not release dates for different parts of the world.

Very interesting...

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby an file » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:21 pm

Hey Greg, just wanted to say thank you for all the information you're always collecting and sharing with us! It's great a thing at all and I really wish to tell you how important your work is! So thank you again and hopefully the day will come that I can tell you sth new :D :mrgreen:

At least I could make it to have a look and an ear on Moya's new album and I have to say that I really love her new cover and the bits of music I've been able to listen to. It's wonderful! :cry: :) :wink:

Is it just me or are there some similarities between Moya's new cover and the one of Enya's Amarantine single?

However, thanks again and bye now :wink:
"An áit a bhfuil do chroí is ann a thabharfas do chósa thú."

"Your feet will bring you to the place where your heart is."
an file
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:08 pm

17th?????? that's the day before my birthday!!!! *moya release then pleeease!* :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby richard » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:14 pm

i am surpirised she is going up against enya, enya releasing her new cd the week after moya
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Lady Ryu » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:01 pm

she is not going up against enya! she is just releasing her disc at the same time. both will count on the christmas bonus. of course especially moya as it is a christmas album.
i don't think one get in the way of the other as the people knowing both will buy both discs and the rest of the world knows only enya anyway. :wink:
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:04 pm

Lady Ryu wrote:as the people knowing both will buy both discs and the rest of the world knows only enya anyway. :wink:

not true :lol: !!! I know both but I am only going to buy Moya's new cd :D
since I am not a fan of Enya's music...
Hester
Last edited by Hester on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lady Ryu » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:55 pm

H.E.N wrote:
Lady Ryu wrote:as the people knowing both will buy both discs and the rest of the world knows only enya anyway. :wink:

not true :lol: !!! I know both but I am only going to buy Moya's knew cd :D
Hester

well you're a really rare species then! :lol:
but still i say they're not going against each other. you don't like enya's music so you don't buy it = there is no fight for buyer whatsoever! I don't like this "enemy thinking" of some journalists and fans. :x
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:01 pm

Lady Ryu wrote:
H.E.N wrote:

not true :lol: !!! I know both but I am only going to buy Moya's knew cd :D
Hester

well you're a really rare species then! :lol:
but still i say they're not going against each other. you don't like enya's music so you don't buy it = there is no fight for buyer whatsoever! I don't like this "enemy thinking" of some journalists and fans. :x

To tell ya the truth, when the interviews come, I think it will only be Moya that will be asked about the 'going against each other' thing.. I personally don't think that they are considering Moya's album was supposed to be released this month and Enya's was supposed to be released the first week of November. When Moya did an interview and said that he album was going to come out in November, Enya moved her release date to the end of November... then Enya officially released a date and a few days later, we find that Moya's would be released a week before Enya's. It seems to me that Enya moved her release date so that she wouldn't have to 'compete' with her sister.

I am 90% sure that even if Enya does get a question, she won't answer it... but I can't wait to see some of Moya's responses this time LOL
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:11 pm

The release of Enya's album could be an advantage for Moya if she decided to mention her sister in some interviews...
But doubt that she'll do that. Enya prefers to talk about herself, especially about the music. For some reasons she doesn't seem to like talking about anything else, maybe she doesn't want to be misunderstood or quotated in a way that would cause disadvantages to her image (some journalists tend to twist things until they sound sensational :roll: ).

But Moya will manage to sell her album without her sister's support. She's success enough herself and if the album stands in the shops, there will be people to buy it.
To be honest, I'm a bit afraid that it won't be available here...
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby davyd » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:53 pm

This picture would be OK for the cover of an album titled "Love came down", though it's a bit undignified for a woman of 53. :|

But I don't like this picture as the cover of "An Irish Christmas". The only Christmas-like thing it suggests to me is Moya trying to hang up lights and getting tangled in them. :roll:
Posted in the digital domain by an analog brain
davyd

Postby Grania » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:47 pm

H.E.N wrote:

not true :lol: !!! I know both but I am only going to buy Moya's new cd :D
Hester

We're 2 of a kind then Hester :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby jelswick » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:11 pm

I don't think that Enya just likes to talk about "herself." I think she maybe less open in general than Moya. Partially, that may just be due to the differences in their personalities. And you have to consider that while Moya is a "known" name in the industry, Enya is a world-recognized name...(not saying that one is better than the other, there is just a different level of recognition). Enya has had several stalkers as well, and the media are particularly hard on her. So...she probably does not want to say anything that might be misconstrued or misquoted. I think Moya is just a more relaxed person and has come to grips with her celebrity in a different way.
jelswick

Postby stephw » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:34 am

richard wrote:i am surpirised she is going up against enya, enya releasing her new cd the week after moya

*Sigh* I've already explained it. Could you please be a little bit more positive.

Stephanie
stephw
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to An Irish Christmas