Love Came Down album cover + sound clips...

Space to discuss Moya's Christmas album

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, Grania, All Moderators

Do you like the cover of "Love Came Down?"

Yes, I love it!
67%
It's ok.
16%
I hate it! It's so not Moya!
18%

Total votes : 45

Postby Phantas » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:16 pm

so far 100 % (and 3 votes in totla LOL) for LOVE the cover!!!

LOL :lol: LOL

You know what it is with this cover? It's the fact that you will want to see what is going on in it - that's also why I find the TH cover so static - there's just Moya's face (which isn't bad at all, mind) and no real surroundings...

LCD has this mystique, a mystery surrounding it. Some Christmas magic...

I tried to look at it as if MOya lying there is in touch with God (or whatever, you know) and her hair is the Love that comes down.....because of the white it is easy to imagine things..... oh gosh, what am I babbling about? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love (and cheer up everyone!),
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:55 pm

not %100 anymore.
epic
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Beth » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 pm

Same here Garbo. Now I understand that there are some that love it... but then there are some that don't. That is what discussions are all about. It would get really boring if we all loved it... then we wouldn't talk about anything. :mrgreen:
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Very cool cover

Postby jelswick » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:12 am

I think the new cover is elegant and attention-grabbing. i like the long hair and the ornamentation and the color scheme and the angle. VERY cool cover for a Christmas album.

I far prefer it to Enya's cover which is suprisingly low quality in appearance. At any rate, what matters most is that the music is good...
jelswick

Postby Lady Ryu » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:44 am

i think this cover is great for a christmas album. for a "normal" album i think i wouldn't like it really. but here the cover and the album fit perfectly together. can't wait to listen to it! it's only the 2nd time i'm looking forward to a christmas album. and the 1st was a disappointment in the end, but i think positive about this one.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Re: Very cool cover

Postby nessieq » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:17 pm

jelswick wrote:what matters most is that the music is good...

I'll second that- with so much fuss over the cover we haven't discussed what's on the inside- what do you all think of the sound clips?
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Re: Very cool cover

Postby Phantas » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:34 pm

nessieq wrote:
jelswick wrote:what matters most is that the music is good...

I'll second that- with so much fuss over the cover we haven't discussed what's on the inside- what do you all think of the sound clips?
n.

I loved the sound clips - but it's so hard to say anything about the music just yet until it's released - the clips are so short! But the vocals seem to be great, so I'm buying LOL :wink:

:P @ Garbo for raining on the parade LOL! Lighten up!

I'm merely trying to put some fun into this discussion!

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:43 pm

I'm allowed my opinion Phantas and I already said I don't like the music. I prefer Maire's old stuff, sorry. Just because I don't worship her doesn't make me a bad person. :roll:
epic
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby AndyPandy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:46 am

I think its a great cover, nice hair Moya! Unfortunately I can't listen to the sound clips as my internet connection sucks! Ah well I'll have to wait for the CD :P
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:51 am

Going pop? I didn't hear anything too poppish in the audio samples.

Anyway, I think it's brilliant - I've asked our local music franchise if they'll get it since they promoted Two Horizons so much when it came out in South Africa. This and a new Enya album - I already feel like it's Christmas/My Birthday/Summer/New Years rolled into one over here (which is will be in December) - love that holiday feeling when the Brennans release new stuff. :mrgreen:
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:14 pm

lizzy1e wrote:Going pop? I didn't hear anything too poppish in the audio samples.

I can see why you'd think that....but if you think about it it's no more pop than some tracks on WTTWW is it?
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby nessieq » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:50 pm

well... no :lol: I dont think it is.. i think it's moya experimenting futher with her trademark vocals and taking them in a new direction... you say "pop" to me I think of pants vocals that all sound the same, are incredibly repetitive and are by no means on the same level with what we've seen come out of moya.
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Grania » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:46 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself ness :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Phantas » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:05 pm

Garbo wrote:I'm allowed my opinion Phantas and I already said I don't like the music. I prefer Maire's old stuff, sorry. Just because I don't worship her doesn't make me a bad person. :roll:

Well Garbo I can see that it will be quite difficult to help you see it from my point of view.

For your information I do not worship her at all - it's not like she's a goddess who I pray to :?

And who said that you could not have your opinion - I was merely trying to put a smile on your face for god's sake............................................
This issue is being taken waaaaaay too serious.

But I know you will not read it this way and you will probably think I am attacking you again - well suit yourself. I'm not wasting anymore time and hope you enjoy listening to Moya's old stuff :wink:

PS: I'm not apologizing because I have done nothing wrong, or bad, in my point of view. I hope everyone is having a good time and if not I wil ltry and help them have a good time. And then there are some who will not have a good time no matter how anyone tries :(

Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:23 am

After thinking about it some more, I think this new album's cover has grown on me to a large degree. OK, not my favourite, but it's OK. And ..... yes, I've said this before, it's the music you buy an album for, not the artwork :)

Please folks .... lighten up a little, hey? We come here for fun and to discuss the music (and the artwork!) and as soon as it becomes a fun-free zone I'm outta here! Because I simply don't have time for in-fighting!

Each one of us is entitled to their own opinion .... I don't worship Moya either. But that doesn't stop me really loving her music. Some of her songs have really reached me at times when no other music could, but there are times when I might go 2 or 3 days without listening to a single Moya track! And then there are times when I seem to listen to nothing but Moya.

I'm looking forward to this new album and have already placed an order for it at my local Christian bookshop. I should therefore get it almost hot off the press assuming the wheel doesn't fall off and it doesn't come through at all to the shop.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to An Irish Christmas