7%
Other
55%
Not sure
27%

Total votes : 44

Postby Grania » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:48 pm

Angoid wrote:
Ouch - do you have the same Country and Western problem down there as we do here Angus?

Yes, unfortunately. At least I know where to look in future if all else fails :mrgreen:

Yep - that will be useful!!!! But I have to say, classifying Moya with Country is...........well, I won't say an insult exactly but.....lets say I think it's bad taste :oops: :) Sorry, I really don't like that style.
All the evening entertainment or social stuff you can get around here is Line-dancing - ummmmm, give me a night in Leo's ANY DAY :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Garbo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:49 pm

Grania wrote:
Angoid wrote:
Ouch - do you have the same Country and Western problem down there as we do here Angus?

Yes, unfortunately. At least I know where to look in future if all else fails :mrgreen:

Yep - that will be useful!!!! But I have to say, classifying Moya with Country is...........well, I won't say an insult exactly but.....lets say I think it's bad taste :oops: :) Sorry, I really don't like that style.
All the evening entertainment or social stuff you can get around here is Line-dancing - ummmmm, give me a night in Leo's ANY DAY :lol:

old bluegrass and country is very good. the statler brothers are sort of country/gospel, etc. and they are amazing. i love Flowers on the Wall.
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:56 pm

I know what you mean there G .... I'm not a fan of Country and Western either. And it's completely different from Moya and really unMoya, isn't it?

Having said that, I know some great people who are into C&W, my parents included :)

Garbo, I've heard of Bluegrass from someone on another forum, but can't say I know a lot about it.
Last edited by Angoid on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Garbo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:57 pm

Angoid wrote:I know what you mean there G .... I'm not a fan of Country and Western either. And it's completely different from Moya and really unMoya, isn't it?

Having said that, I know some great people who are into C&W, my parents included :)

i listen to everything and by everything i mean from old bluegrass to opera to underground music to... everything. you have to find songs or bands within those genres that are appealing to you.
Garbo

Postby emerald » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:54 pm

I don't think her music is exactly Christian, but from what I have heard so far, it is spiritual, which doesn't actually have to relate to any particular religion.
"Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream"
Whisper To The Wild Water
emerald

Postby nessieq » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:52 pm

I guess you're right in a sense.. although Moya clearly wrote it with Christian ideas in minid, as is the case with so many song lyrics, if could be viewed from many different sides as many different things.. intreresting, that neevr occured to me any more..thanks for bringing it up!
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby stephw » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:37 am

Well, Perfect Time and Whisper to the Wild Water were written with a Christian theme in mind and were release on a Christian music label. The other albums were not written with this frame of mind.

Stephanie
stephw
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Garbo » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:42 am

stephw wrote:Well, Perfect Time and Whisper to the Wild Water were written with a Christian theme in mind and were release on a Christian music label. The other albums were not written with this frame of mind.

Stephanie

she writes about it in her book, that they have Christian themes. and besides, it's like Tolkien, you cannot help but let your views bleed through onto your work. that's just the case.
epic
Garbo

Postby stephw » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:30 am

Garbo wrote:she writes about it in her book, that they have Christian themes. and besides, it's like Tolkien, you cannot help but let your views bleed through onto your work. that's just the case.

I also agree with that.

Stephanie
Last edited by stephw on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephw
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Garbo » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:46 am

she belongs in rap.

hehehe, i'm so funny
epic
Garbo

Postby Ardens » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:30 am

Garbo wrote:she belongs in rap.

hehehe, i'm so funny

Ehhmm....yes of course!!! Garbo, you're brilliant! How comes that we didn't think of this category earlier?:lol:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby John » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:38 pm

I voted OTHER, because I think it`s more Celtic
John

Postby nessieq » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:55 pm

Hey there John, Im intrigued as to what you would define as "Celtic"... care to elaborate??
thanks,
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Angoid » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:33 am

Ardens wrote:

hehehe, i'm so funny

Ehhmm....yes of course!!! Garbo, you're brilliant! How comes that we didn't think of this category earlier?:lol:

Fail to understand that, I do. What similarities does Moya have with Eminem?!?!!??!! :?: :?: :?: :!: :?: :!: :!: :?:
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Ardens » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:59 pm

Angoid wrote:
Ardens wrote:

hehehe, i'm so funny

Fail to understand that, I do. What similarities does Moya have with Eminem?!?!!??!! :?: :?: :?: :!: :?: :!: :!: :?:

No, there aren't a lot of similarities. Calling Moya's music 'rap' is completely absurd. It was just a joke :D
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General