Gweedore Gathering: 2006?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Would you be interested in a Gweedore Gathering 2006?

Absolutely!!
67%
Maybe, just maybe
33%
No way!!
No votes

Total votes : 36

Gweedore Gathering: 2006?

Postby Angoid » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:27 pm

Following the success of the Gweedore Gathering 2005, I was wondering what the interest would be in having a similar meet-up at about the same time in 2006 :)

At this stage of the game, I'm not proposing we suggest dates and other specifics, but what would the level of interest be?

On the agenda would be visiting some of the places Moya refers to in some of her songs plus other places of beauty, and just generally getting together and having a blast ...
Last edited by Angoid on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby mise » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:58 am

Angoid I think it is a marvelous idea. I can't promiss I have time to come :( but I would love to help organising stuff.
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Hester » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:32 pm

Hey Angus!

I voted "Absolutely" since I totally agree with Mise in thinking that this is a marvelous idea :D
Ever since '96 I am a great fan of Iona, their music celebrates the history of Celtic Christianity and the nature of Ireland and Schotland. The discovery of Moya's and Clannad's music in '98 obviously only increased my interest in the heritage, culture and nature of that part of the world.
I am extremely looking forward to visiting Ireland and I intended to go this summer but my "moneysituation" kindly requested me to wait another year :mrgreen:
Anyway, a visit to Leo's would obviously be the Highlight of my trip and it would be great to meet some fellowmusic fans there.....so, do count me in!

Hester
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Re: Gweedore Gathering 2006?

Postby wonky_eggs » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:57 pm

I know Tim mentioned to a few of us fans during the two visits (Gweedore Gathering & Earagail Arts Festival) that we should make it an annual event, and it's something I'd be interested in, maybe not every year, but at least a bi-annual event (or maybe me just attending the annual event every other year so I don't get sick).

But, yeah, I think it's a great idea, people who've been places can tell us where they went (Bridge of Tears, Dunlewey Church, Mount Earagail etc), how to get there, what else is there to see, where to stay etc. Building up from 2005 (and previous visits) to make next year a trip worth making.
wonky_eggs

Postby Grania » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:00 pm

Count me in as long as dates allow. (this year's dates were perfect, if you get my drift)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby AndyPandy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:16 pm

I'd certainly like to visit Gweedore again, its a beautiful area! I'm not so sure about being in a big group, not really my thing. I'd like to explore the place with a couple of close friends and maybe meet up for a night in Leo's or a stroll down the beach....
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

byby

Postby beth2 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:26 am

:roll: by guys seen as im cant go coz my mum and dad would have to about this weeks befour just betened im there i have allways wanted to go to leos i have never meet him but sounds good

beth2 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
beth2

Postby Lady Ryu » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:43 am

if i can come, i'll be there. it's sure great to be with some of you guys in gweedore! i really hope that i can make it work somehow.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby beth2 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:28 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: im not wanted olny kidding

have a great time guys be good boys and girls

loves from beth2
beth2

Postby nessieq » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:00 pm

AndyPandy wrote:I'd certainly like to visit Gweedore again, its a beautiful area! I'm not so sure about being in a big group, not really my thing. I'd like to explore the place with a couple of close friends and maybe meet up for a night in Leo's or a stroll down the beach....

That sounds good to me.. I didnt like the way our time together was all so scheduled and we didnt get any free time worth talking about to go exploring by ourselves.. granted that was because I ws there for such a short time, but still, could I make that suggestion??
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby AndyPandy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:16 am

Of course you can make that suggestion ness, it might sound silly but the most enjoyable bit of the holiday for me was wandering down Bunbeg beach, enjoying the tranquility of the place and looking for comfortable rocks to sleep on! :P
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Irulan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:11 am

Well, I'm really intrested in it but I don't think my mum let me go :cry: Ehm, I'm sure about it. She didn't let me go to a concert what was in Budapest... and the reason is: You're too young. :( Okay, I agree with it, many bad things can happen with me and I'm not enough self-sufficing and spirited to it... :oops: But I would like to gooooooooo so much!!! :(
Our nation's built from the same rock, not the sand
Oh Lord, You can heal this land
Irulan

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:34 pm

I'd have to agree that it shouldn't a big group thing, just a time (over a week or two) where you can go along, catch up with people, meet up, do things on your own, or with people if you want. Just a time when you're likely to see someone you know.

This year, as some of you know, I went along with a good friend, spent a bit of time with Jackie, Manuel and Mise, got to meet Nessieq, but still had bags of time exploring with my friend.

There are so many places that the experience would be spoilt if visiting in a big group (Bunbeg Beach, the huge lagoon and beach down by the pier past the Bloody Foreland, Dunlewey Church etc), but so many places where a group would enhance things, a good meal, an evening in a pub etc.
wonky_eggs

Postby Hester » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:51 pm

Couldn't agree more with you guys!
I'd suggest everybody is free to go their own way and have their own schedule. Besides that we could set a date to meet up in Leo's to enjoy each other's company and hopefully this time also Moya's company!
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:51 pm

i'd go, but i'm poor.
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Next

Return to Fan space