6%
Maire
9%
Other (Clannad) album
2%

Total votes : 94

Your favorite album of Moya :-))

Postby Mike:-) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:22 am

Hi! :) Why don't we start getting to know each other by sharing our thoughts on Moya's albums :D My absolute fav' is Whisper To The Wild Water (mainly because it was the first album of Moya in my collection and I instantly loved it :D ).
Mike:-)

Postby Mike:-) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:24 am

Forgot to tell you that I still haven't heard Two Horizons, and maybe this one will be my next big love :-)
Mike:-)

Postby Endymion » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:34 am

Hi Mike:-)

My fav album is Two Horizons,I heard the songs on the site.
Its my fav one because is the one which have the all the songs that I like,even the slow songs,next my fav is Whisper to the Wild Water,but I only have the Perfect Time album :)
I dont understand why some people say that her songs are always the same :?
Endymion
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Your favorite album of Moya :-))

Postby cantilena91 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:06 am

Mike:-) wrote:Hi! :) Why don't we start getting to know each other by sharing our thoughts on Moya's albums :D My absolute fav' is Whisper To The Wild Water (mainly because it was the first album of Moya in my collection and I instantly loved it :D ).

Mine is Whisper as well, although I also have almost all Clannad albums (and that Banba is one of my Clannad favourites), haven't got the new Two Horizons yet!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:05 am

Me too, Whisper To The Wild Water, with Perfect Time as a runner up. I've not heard Two horizons yet either.

My love for those albums is due in no small part to the Christian content which gives the songs so much more depth for me. They reflect the new-found love that Moya has for God, she sings from the heart and soul, so regardless of one's belief, one can hardly ignor the integrity of the message conveyed so beautifully in song.

Moya's voice has also given me a great love for the Irish language, though I cannot speak it, I just love to hear the sound of it. The way Moya sings, I don't even consider it important to understand the words.

Wow, you got me going there, sorry to rave on :P
Gray
Gray

Postby Daideo » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:34 am

Perfect Time may be my all-time favorite album, with Whisper very close behind. I even have the wonderful book and pin that came in the Perfect Time special package, and I read it frequently! Looking forward to hearing Two Horizons.
Daideo

I'm sure it will be...

Postby gregoing » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:56 pm

Hey, Mike. Of all four of Moya's first albums, Whisper to the Wild Water is definitely my favorite. However, I voted for Two Horizons because, after hearing all those clips and watching that video on Moya's site, I'm sure it will be my new favorite album by Moya. It just has a brand new feel to it - something different than what she had in her previous albums. Will I miss the distinct feel of Whisper to the Wild Water? No, because I can listen to it whenever I want to!

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Favourite Moya album

Postby BenWiganUK » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:13 pm

I have loved all four of Moya's solo albums for different reasons. I was always very sad that 'Misty Eyed Adventures' was largely ignored and poorly promoted at the time of its release.

But I think the last two albums have really seen Moya soar. Whisper to the Wild Water is the best thing Moya has done lyrically, musically and vocally. Four years on....the album sounds as fresh as it did the first time I heard it.

I haven't heard Two Horizons yet....but after Whisper, it has a lot to live up to!
BenWiganUK
Banned Member

Postby chrism » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:20 am

:shock: 8) My fave album would be Perfect Time closely followed by Whisper to the Wild Water. To me, as a Christian, the lyrics in these albums are just so lovely. Haven't heard Two Horizons yet, but I know I will love it. It will need to be good to beat these 2 albums in my view, and I' m sure it will live up to my expectations.

Chris
chrism

New Favourite, maybe?

Postby Kileah » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:58 am

I have gotten to listen, thankfully, to clips from Two Horizons, and am astounded at how Moya can come back so incredibly! I am also pleased to learn, both for her sake, and music industries' sake, that she has gone with universal/bmg. This will give a wider audience the chance to enlighten and introduce (maybe for the first time!) to truly a rare gem in the music world-Moya Brennan. Cheers!
In the arms of the Sender,
Kileah
Kileah

Postby Nollaig » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:23 pm

Hello to you, Mike (I wonder if you know that we've already known each other... But I won't tell anything else. All you have to do it to guess now :mrgreen: )

According to your question: I fancy "Whisper to the wild water". It's so differrent from previous Moya's works... (Well, maybe "Perfect time" is a bit similar, but "Whisper.." is absolutely wonderful). I can spend hours just listening to this album. Maire is more mature, more experienced, I can hear it on "Whisper...". I just love "Ageless Messengers" or "Life", but of course all songs are magnificent.
I haven't heard "Two Horizons" yet, so I'm still waiting for the European release. I look forward to hearing it, eventually.

Bye for now :D
Nollaig

Postby Ageless Messanger » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:07 am

My favorite, as of now, is 'Whisper To The Wild Water'. I haven't heard any of her songs from her 'Two Horizons' album yet, but I definately say that 'Whisper To The Wild Water' is my favorite album as of yet.

I have played that album so many times, I'm suprised that it isn't worn out by now. LOL.

A.M.
Believe me
I'm not afraid
Teach me
To learn Your ways
Carry me
Under Your wings
In Your perfect time-Maire Brennan
Ageless Messanger
Enthusiastic Member

Location: Feeling 22, Acting 17, This is the craziest I have ever been

Postby Phantas » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:05 pm

I simply love Misty Eyed Adventures. and Hello Mike :)

Perhaps it is due to the fact that it sounds so much more pagan, than christian? I always believe Perfect Time is her second worst album, after Máire .... but that's my opinion. I base this both upon the obvious christian feel to PT, but also to the fact that the choral pieces sound so AWFUL... compared to what's on WTTWW, as they sound much better on that album, which is my second favourite. I still haven't heard Two Horizons entirely, but I know I'll love it too, especially because it enhances the style she started on with WTTWW. And I love that semi-Clannad style..... ;)

Ciao!

I have changed my mind regarding the worst album; Perfect Time for me is the worst album she made. I find Máire to be even better. Honestly.
Last edited by Phantas on Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby skippy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:42 pm

My favourite changes from time to time, they are all to good to choose one.

Maybe I'll know which is my real favourite when the first jewel case breaks from overuse.
skippy
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Embers » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:57 pm

I had to vote for Misty Eyed Adventures, it's the only one I've heard... and I really like the whole album. :D
Image Embers ... Great minds think alike.
Embers

Next

Return to General