How Many Times

Moya's autobiography

Moderators: nessieq, gregoing, Grania, Daragh, All Moderators

How Many Times Have You Read Moya's Book?

40%
25%
21%
4+
15%

Total votes : 48

Postby mise » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:04 pm

The other book is called Landscapes of God and you should find it under General if you search there (I think it is the same heading). I believe the book came with the Perfect Time cd and has some prayers in it. But it is nothing like The Other Side of the Rainbow, it's more like a giftbook.I know a few people who have the book. Maybe they can be a little more precise.
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:01 pm

Thanks very much, I'll see if I can get my hand on it as i heard a few minutes ago from my uncle that it was a very good book.
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:09 pm

I HAVE READ MOYA'S THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RAINBOW AT LEAST 2 DOZEN TIMES NOW.
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby AndyPandy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:27 pm

I've nearly finished reading the other side of the rainbow for the second time, in preparation for the trip to Donegal 8)

This time I took note that it takes 5 hours to drive from Dublin to Gweedore :mrgreen:
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:01 pm

lol - I remembered that from the first time I read it, I seem to remember things like that easily - the useless bit, you know :lol:

Richard's bringing this topic back to my attention has made me think I should read the book again before Donegal. I've read it twice, but I think a third time is in order.

That's reminded be of when I met Moya and Dad told her I'd read the book. She said 'that's really sweet of you', but I was so embarrassed!! If she knew I'd read it twice, I think I'd have gone beetroot coloured! :lol: :mrgreen:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Roibeard Óg » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:30 pm

Don't worry Andy, lol, it'll only take three, the roads are slightly better now (and so is transport and vehicles - well better than the olf Clannad van, lol - that turned out to almost kill them!).

They have finally fixed the roads, but you'll see roadworks still going on in Donagal, around Dunlewey and Gort a' Choirce. :)
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:51 pm

I've actually read the book twice, once when I first got it (which is about four years ago) and once last year in preparation for my interview with Moya. It is such a wonderful, wonderful book! I found it extremely moving and at some points I couldn't hold back my tears.
But at the same time there are parts that are extremely funny as well, what did you guys think about the 'chicken scene'?!?!?
I also liked her description of how she first met her husband Tim....

love, Hester
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:55 pm

H.E.N wrote:I've actually read the book twice, once when I first got it (which is about four years ago) and once last year in preparation for my interview with Moya. It is such a wonderful, wonderful book! I found it extremely moving and at some points I couldn't hold back my tears.
But at the same time there are parts that are extremely funny as well, what did you guys think about the 'chicken scene'?!?!?
I also liked her description of how she first met her husband Tim....

love, Hester

I think you've got it exactly right! When I read the book the first time, I found that I couldn't sleep after reading some parts late at night (chapter 6/7 in particular), while sometimes I couldn't help laughing!! The 'chicken' bit was funny - if horrifying - but I think the bit with the 'In a Lifetime' video is a real classic!!! That still makes me laugh just to think about it!!

And the picture of Enya dashing around with a video camera.........
:lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby nessieq » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:15 pm

Grania wrote:[And the picture of Enya dashing around with a video camera.........

Now THAT would be a home video worth watching!
n,.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Grania » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:17 pm

I agree!! Wouldn't it be fun to see it - lol. That's something that would never happen, but we can imagine can't we? :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Roibeard Óg » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:08 pm

I loved the book. I like the photos as well. It shows how much of a nice traditional Donegal family they were. I like the picture of Máire, Eithne, Olive, Brídín and Deirdre singing at the wedding.
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Thu May 05, 2005 6:55 pm

I'm reading Moya's book right now. And I have to say, it's never boring to read it; it's so...authentic, Moya tells her story, so that you can share all her dreams, her fears and hopes with her. It's one of my favourite books, and I'll never give it away.

Greetz! :D
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Thu May 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Also, I notice and learn something new every time i read it, lol. It's brilliant.
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

God of Peace

Postby Jackie » Sat May 28, 2005 10:45 am

I have a copy of the second book, 'God of Peace' and no, it is definately NOTHING like 'The Other Side of the Rainbow'. It is by Tyndale House Publishers Inc. ISBN: 0-8423-3495-5 The cover is a green suede effect with an inset picture not sure where it is though! It says on the cover biblical reflections on peace from Ireland. The foreword is 2 small pages written my Moya. I might type up the text for you if I can't bring myself to squash the book in a scanner! Then there's a small introdction and 8 little chapters. Each one seems to have a little intro reflecting on God, a psalm and lyrics to a song from Perfect Time (The Big Rock, Perfect Time, The Light on The Hill, Na Paisti, Heal This Land, Song of David, Our World, Doon Well and Gra De), with Gaelic translations. I can't figure out if Moya wrote the intro to each chapter, I guess not because they made a point of saying the foreword was by her??? Throughout the book there are some pretty pictures from across Ireland, some quotes from scripture and celtic prayers. It has 83 pages but it really doesn't seem to have that much text. The book comes inset into a flat box package alongside a copy of Perfect Time and a little silver coloured (plastic!) celtic cross pin.

J
Jackie
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Sat May 28, 2005 11:52 am

So I take it from that you wouldn't recommend it Jackie?
:?: n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

PreviousNext

Return to The Other Side of the Rainbow