changing one's forum title... possible?

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

changing one's forum title... possible?

Postby Phantas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:46 pm

I was just updating my profile on here [since ages!] and I was wondering if I could change the forum title we have. Mine currently reads as "Addicted to Moya" or something similar and I would like to change it. Dunno into what yet, but I thought I'd check first if it was possible....
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: changing one's forum title... possible?

Postby dids » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:42 am

you are no more addicted? :mrgreen:
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:20 pm

tbh, not really. I'm still a fan but not in the same way as I used to be. Besides that, I feel that title doesn't reflect me anymore ;) I've changed over the years, so it's about time my online persona changed with me :)
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 pm

It's just something I did which is effected automatically, based on post count. That's all.
It could be changed (removed) but I know there was a bit of a hoo-haa when I set it up, so don't really want to have the same (but in reverse) for undoing it.
I'll have a look and see if it's possible to amend it on a once-off basis, but don't hold your breath...
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby dids » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:57 pm

I understand Phantas...
you acquire more wisdom and maturity with time and your tastes refine, change or consolidate... Like everyone I'd say! :wink:
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Angoid wrote:It's just something I did which is effected automatically, based on post count. That's all.
It could be changed (removed) but I know there was a bit of a hoo-haa when I set it up, so don't really want to have the same (but in reverse) for undoing it.
I'll have a look and see if it's possible to amend it on a once-off basis, but don't hold your breath...

Ahhh so if it changes when I write more posts I'll be fine with it :) No need to change if this was an automatic thing. I sort of half remembered we could write something ourselves, but maybe that was a different board altogether! :D

thanks Angus ;)
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 am

I haven't forgotten about this .... but "Addicted to Moya" is for 1000 posts and more.

I could reverse the whole thing, but that would have a board-wide implication. Although many are not coming here any more, if they were to come back then it would be good if everything is as they found it.
It is possible to change the member group for a given member, but I'm not sure whether this would change that text. That's what I'm looking into. Just hit a bit of a busy patch right now, that's all.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Phantas » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Like I said, it's fine :)

In my mind I seemed to recall I had to implement a self chosen title but that must have been a different board, so it's cool :) leave it as it is :) no extra fuss!
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am

I don't think phpBB allows self-chosen titles. Invision does, and Unity used to use Invision so it *may* have been there.
Not sure about Proboards - I know some of these discussion boards use a platform called Proboards.

Either that or it may have been possible under an earlier release of the forum software, but it's unusual to remove something that was there before unless it was part of a configuration change.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Administrator