Errigal Arts Festival 2015

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Errigal Arts Festival 2015

Postby Susann » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:55 pm

It’s been quiet here for a while that’s why I thought to post some pics from my trip to the Errigal Arts Festival 2015. Usually I write quite detailed reports about my trips to Ireland in the German Ireland Forum but unfortunately I’m not able to translate it into English. But I would like to show you the pics I took from 10 to 26 July 2015 in Ireland.

My first night on Friday, 10 July I stayed in a B&B on Inishowen and for the next two nights I had booked a room at the Clanree Hotel in Letterkenny. On Saturday and Sunday night two big concerts took place in the hotel and so it was very convenient to stay there. Saturday afternoon was also a „Voices & Harps“ concert with Moya, Cormac and Aisling in a small venue in Letterkenny. The Saturday night concert was called „Song of the Seven Sisters“ and Moya was an important part of it because she was „Master of Ceremony“. This concert was absolutely amazing. MIGHTY CRAIC!!! The Sunday concert was “Altan and friends“ and I enjoyed it also very much.

Before the concert on Sunday I was for a walk at the Ards Forest Park. And on Monday I drove to my B&B in Annagry where I stayed the next 10 days.

Here are the pics http://nene177.magix.net/alle-alben/!/oa/7298944/
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Errigal Arts Festival 2015

Postby dids » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:33 pm

thanks for sharing, Susann... Seems this was a wonderful event, I would have loved to be there... :wink:
Did Aisling perform some of her own music ?
I am wondering how you made the pics of the show, I could have be quite difficult in such light conditions...
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Re: Errigal Arts Festival 2015

Postby Susann » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:17 am

Yes, Aisling performed her own songs. :)

Yes, it's quite difficult to take photos at a concert. But the pics I take in RAW Image Format so you have all Information in the photo you need to take everything out of them with an editing software. I use Lightroom.

And here are the next two days of my trip ...

On Tuesday, 14 July I was walking at Crohy Head where you can see many sea stacks. The biggest one is called „The Breeches“. First it was very cloudy but suddenly the sun came out. At night I enjoyed Caitlín Nic Gabhann and Ciarán Ó Maonaigh and other local musicians at Dunlewey Lakeside Centre.
On Wednesday morning it was raining but at noon it cleared up. So I spent the afternoon at the beach and in the dunes at Horn Head. By the way there is also a lake and on this lake have always been swans. This time I counted them – there were 87 of these beautiful birds. On my way back to Annagry the evening sun was absolutely gorgeous and atmospheric. :D

These are the pics from 14/15 July http://nene177.magix.net/alle-alben/!/oa/7301740/
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Moya live