New Album - September 2013

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Re: New Album - September 2013

Postby Yvonne » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks for the info, Ed! Very nice to know :D ! How do you know these things :D ?

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi Ed, and thanks for that .... apologies for late reply, have only just seen it!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Yvonne » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:53 am

I was just checking bol.com (to see if may be the release date had changed again :mrgreen: ) and I noticed that there will also be an LP (vinyl record) of Nadur. I don't have a vinyl record player myself, but it may be interesting for those who do.

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:16 pm

cdon.com has listed Sep 24th as their tentative release date for Nadur, I have already placed my pre-order! Roll on September!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 am

On Ed's page it says that Nadur is available for pre-order on I Tunes and that there is a bonus track exclusive to I Tunes called River of Dreams. Thanks Ed for posting the info :) .

I have to say that I am always frustrated if there are exclusive bonus tracks available only on I Tunes or in some countries. I Always try to get all the music and this way that is not really possible. I don't have I Tunes and this way you are forced to get it if you want the extra song.

Still looking forward to the new album very much, just a little frustrated... :D :D :?

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Also, we audiophiles who prefer to buy our music on CDs and other physical media are a bit unhappy that those bonus things are digital download only, so I share your frustration Yvonne!

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:23 am

I've just read about the bonus track on Ed's website and have the same feelings as Yvonne and Suvi. Maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned but I also prefer to buy "real" CDs (as "real" books). I've never downloaded a song from the internet. I don't even have this software :( . All songs I have on my MP3 player (it's not an iPod) are from real CDs I bought.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Just got an email from ARC Music (newsletter which I have subscribed in fact), which contains a link to the record label's Youtube channel in order to watch a short EPK video of Nádur! The link is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfZ7gbNl ... vrO1Q3Rgug

Enjoy!

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Banba Óir » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:11 am

Hi,

for the Dutch fans and for what it's worth, T2 Entertainment changed the releasedate of Nádúr back to 13th September :D :?
Just like bol.com, freerecordshop.nl and so on

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Yvonne » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:30 pm

I wanted to thank you for the news, Ed, but the release date is even sooner than the 13th!! :o :D

I got an e-mail this morning from Free Record Shop that my order had shipped today, so I was so happy that it would be here tomorrow, but it was in the mail today!!! :shock: :shock: So, I am listening to Nadur right now! Can you imagine that, I certainly can't :D ! You will probably find it in your mailbox today as well, Ed! What a surprise!

I haven't had much time to listen to it as my son stayed home sick from school this afternoon, but I am trying to listen a bit now. Yes, it sounds wonderful and it will certainly grow on me more. I haven't been able to listen to all songs yet. Transatlantic stands out more than I expected from the short sound clip we already knew. Brave Enough is GREAT. The Song in your heart will definitely be a favourite, goosebumps despite the hot weather! At this moment my favourite from the album. I was very curious about Hymns to her love and that is indeed also a wonderful song, well I must say, I haven't heard anything I don't like yet :mrgreen: ! Unfortunately, there are no lyrics in the booklet.

I will write more when I have a bit more time! Enjoy the album, Ed and all the other lucky ones who got the album already! :D

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Odd, as Clannad said on their facebook today that the digital version is not available worldwide until the 20th - and it isn't released here until the 23rd :shock: :?

Don't give anything away please! I've heard a minute or so of the EPK, but otherwise I want to be surprised! :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Yvonne » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:03 am

I know Grania, I couldn't believe it myself. Although I am very happy to have the album already it seems a bit unfair to everyone else who is still waiting. I hope the releasedate will be earlier in other countries as well!

I won't give anything away, only that the album is truly wonderful, I have only heard most songs once but I think they are even better than the promising short sound clips. I do hope that you will all be able to enjoy the new music soon :D.

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi Yvonne and others,

i received my copy of Nádúr last saturday, just as i was away for the weekend. I noticed the delivery e-mail on my phone while being away. :? :(
I listened to the album one time today. I'll try not to give away too much, but i like the album a lot. What, it's a great album :!: :D The 13 songs are all different, it's almost as if you're traveling through 40 years of Clannad music. Perhaps that's why i also have the feeling that it has to grow on me, but i already like a lot! On the Clannad Newsblog i've posted the interview Clannad had with the Irish Music Magazine, about Nádúr. One quote from Moya: "Every track is different yet every track is pure Clannad" :arrow: http://members.ziggo.nl/clannad/Clannadarticle.pdf

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Susann » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 am

In Germany they are not so quick :wink: so I have to wait about 2 weeks more for the CD.

Ed, many thanks for posting the interview :D . I haven't read it yet but I realised the sentence in the blue box "We love playing in Ireland, we've just had a concert in Carrickfinn in Donegal with Altan, Fidil and The Henry girls, which was great fun and very enjoyable, so much so, that we intend to do it annually!" . :D :D :D
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby msetten » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am

I just got an email from the Dutch online shop Bol.com that they have shipped my order for the new Clannad album Nadur, so I should get it tomorrow. That's a lot sooner than expected.
msetten

PreviousNext

Return to Clannad