New Album - September 2013

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Re: New Album - September 2013

Postby Yvonne » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Ed,

All the Dutch shops that I checked give 13 September as a releasedate, Bol.com, Free Record Shop, Cosmox and some smaller ones, so either they all got the wrong information or they copied it from each other... No idea, I know the official releasedate is September 20th and the weeks after so we will just have to wait and see what happens. If it is a mistake I guess they will correct the date at some point (possibly only after September 13th :mrgreen: )... Of course we can wait a few weeks longer but it would certainly be a nice surprise if it turned up just a little bit earlier :D . Not sure yet where I will pre-order the CD. Bol.com is the most dependable in my experience (never had any problems with them) but they also have the highest price.. Cosmox is cheaper but last year I had a bad experience with them and I haven't ordered anything there since.

I agree about the soundclips, Ed, they are really stunning, I listen to them every now and then and they sound very, very beautiful. Those clips make me look forward to the new album even more, very exciting :D !

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Dab051176 wrote:
Susann wrote:
Grania wrote:And Voices and Harps (Moya and Cormac de Barra) are touring in Germany in November as well - a busy autumn!

I already bought a ticket for the concert in Mainz :D . And a few weeks ago I bought also a ticket for CLANNAD in Plymouth in March 2014.

If all goes to plan, Susann, I'll see you in Mainz! I've decided that, by then, it'll be far too long since Cormac and I shared a bit of banter - and a couple of weeks after my birthday seems as good a time as any!!!! I suspect Moya will tell me off for travelling "so far", but never mind....some things have to be done.... :P

As for the new album, I've only heard the latter part of September mentioned, so I'm working on the basis of the 23rd being correct, but I certainly won't complain if it turns up around the 13th!!!! :mrgreen:

Don't worry...i know what "soo far" means... :lol:

But after so many long trips just for Moya the surprise has diminished a bit. It turned to just .."hi Pierre we've been waiting for you " ! :D
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Yvonne,

i just did a check on who's the distributor for ARC in the Netherlands. That turns out to be T2 Entertainment.nl. I 've checked their website and the Nádúr album is set to be released on ..... 13th september. So perhaps we're the Lucky ones in the Netherlands with an early release ? :D :roll: Lets just wait and see what happens.

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Yvonne » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi Ed,

Thanks for checking it out, that is surprising news. It would be great if we were so lucky to have an early release! :D

Yes, we'll just have to wait and see what happens! :)

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 am

The front page video of Moya and Cormac is cool isn't it ? Its a remake of Sailing but very well done !
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Banba Óir wrote:Hi Yvonne,

i just did a check on who's the distributor for ARC in the Netherlands. That turns out to be T2 Entertainment.nl. I 've checked their website and the Nádúr album is set to be released on ..... 13th september. So perhaps we're the Lucky ones in the Netherlands with an early release ? :D :roll: Lets just wait and see what happens.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I just looked at the T2 Entertainment site and I noticed that they changed the release date to September 27th, so it looks like a late release date in the Netherlands ... Oh well, 2 more weeks, it's a bit of a pity but I am sure that it will be worth the wait! :)

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Aaaarghh!!!! :? :?

Ed
Banba Óir

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:14 am

Or just order from Amazon.co.uk hint hint
There you stood in front of me
Dressed in glory, white to see
Spell-bound on the deep blue skies
Created on high
Cold and warm, you set one's heart
'Cause you're the mighty one

Mighty One
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 am

Banba Óir wrote:Aaaarghh!!!! :? :?

Ed

Well, that was my first reaction as well , haha :mrgreen: !

Thanks for the advice RunrigCorvusCoraxFAn. Of course we could order from Amazon, but although the release date may be earlier the delivery time to the Netherlands will be about a week so that won't really make a difference. We will just have to wait! :wink:

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Luned » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:38 pm

You will probably have seen this information on Clannad Music FB page, but I just thought I'd repost it here anyway:

"BBC Radio 2 will broadcast the UK exclusive first listen to one track from the new Clannad album, Nádúr, tonight. Tune in to The Folk Show with Mark Radcliffe from 7pm this evening (Wednesday). What track will it be?"
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Listening to it as I write, thanks for the heads up Luned! The track played is Rhapsody na gCrann. Stunning indeed!

Suvi

PS. As this is a radio program, it is available live online as well as as a "listen again" item for 7 days after the show has finished. WORLDWIDE of course!
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 pm

cantilena91 wrote:Listening to it as I write, thanks for the heads up Luned! The track played is Rhapsody na gCrann. Stunning indeed!

Suvi

PS. As this is a radio program, it is available live online as well as as a "listen again" item for 7 days after the show has finished. WORLDWIDE of course!

you're welcome :) And I was a bit worried when I saw "the UK exclusive". You can never know with the BBC. But fortunately the program is available outside of the UK as well and you can already listen to it here (the part about Clannad begins at about 08:11):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0383x09

Awesome :D
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 am

I'm so excited about the new Clannad CD. I just got done listening to the longer clips on facebook. Very nice. I can't wait to get the album!
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 pm

hermeyjdi wrote:I'm so excited about the new Clannad CD. I just got done listening to the longer clips on facebook. Very nice. I can't wait to get the album!

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for posting the info about the longer sound clips, I am not on Facebook so I didn't know. The info is also on Ed's page with a link to You Tube. I just listened to the songs and they sound great, I think it's very nice that they posted longer clips of some of the songs, you get a better idea of what the songs are like. From what I have heard so far I like Brave Enough and The Song in Your Heart a lot. The song I am most looking forward to hearing is Hymn to her love. The short clip of that one sounds so amazing! The complete song on BBC Radio 2 was very nice as well. Still 6 weeks to go until September 27th (The Dutch release date)....

Love,

Yvonne

P.S. I thought I heard Moya sing "the days of the dancing" in The Song in Your Heart, did I hear that correctly? May be she refers to her wonderful song on "Misty Eyed Adventures"... Of course we don't know yet who wrote which song(s) but I think Moya wrote this one (I already thought so before I noticed this lyric, I think it sounds like a Moya song :D, lovely, warm and romantic... )
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:32 pm

@ Yvonne,

you're right, "The Song in Your Heart" was written by Moya Brennan with Aisling Jarvis. They also wrote "Tobar an tSaoil "
"Lámh ar Lámh" was written by Moya Brennan and Pól Brennan.
Just another 4 weeks to go :roll:

Ed
Banba Óir

PreviousNext

Return to Clannad