Clannad & Altan in Gweedore - who's going?

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Clannad & Altan in Gweedore - who's going?

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

I know this was a topic of discussion on Facebook when it was announced, but seems to have been somewhat overlooked on the forum - shame on us!!!!! :P

As we're not that far away now, I just wondered who will be joining me in the marquee at Carrickfinn, and what you're hoping will be on the set list?

Let's see if we can get a decent thread going!!!! :wink:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Re: Clannad & Altan in Gweedore - who's going?

Postby Toraigh » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Dave,
I really (really really, did I say really ) want to go, but since I don't have a car, I really don't know how to get there and where to stay ?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

As for the setlist, I really hope for a lot of the older gaelic stuff. I really love those.

Heike from Germany
Toraigh

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Heike,

There are still ways to get to Gweedore without a car, but there would be a fair bit of walking involved to get around!

There are buses that you can catch from either Belfast (Patrick Gallagher Coaches) or Dublin (John McGinley Coaches) that both head for Annagry - which is about a mile from where the concert is. Where accommodation is concerned, either a Google search, booking.com or anything like that for Gweedore or Bunbeg is probably your best bet, but it's going to be busy that weekend, so you may need to be persistent!

Hope that gives you a starting point. Good luck, and maybe see you there! :D
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Toraigh » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Dave,

Accomodation is booked (I'll be staying in Dunlewey) and since I need to take a taxi back from the concert anyway (and the fare from Annagry to Dunlewey is not that much more then to Bunbeg.) I decided since I'll be staying in Dunlewey anyway, I'll take it from there.

So, I'll see you at the concert. :D

Heike
Toraigh

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Excellent - look forward to seeing you there! :D

Dunlewey to Annagry isn't far. Last time I did it, it only took me about 20 minutes - and that was when it was snowing, so it shouldn't take you anywhere near that!!! :wink:

We'll see if anyone else replies first, but I'll PM you nearer the time to maybe meet up at the marquee?
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Toraigh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah, that'll be great if we could meet. Just PM me.
I think Susann is going as well.

Heike
Toraigh

Postby Susann » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 am

Yes of course, I'm going. :D :D :D

Unfortunatelly I haven't seen this thread before. When you opened the thread I was in Ireland and I havn't checked the forum for this special gig after I was back. I'm flying tomorrow and going back on Monday. So it will be a very busy long weekend :lol:.

I look forward to meeting you on Saturday, Heike and Dave. Dave, bye the way Julia and Katie are coming together with me. I think you know the two. You met them in January at the "T with the Maggies" concert in Dublin.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Susann wrote:Yes of course, I'm going. :D :D :D

Didn't expect anything less, Susann! :wink: You're nearly as "bad" as me for turning up to these things!!! :P

I've actually got a good few days this time. I arrive on Saturday lunchtime, and leave on the early flight on Wednesday, so if you fancy spending some time together on Sunday, too, I'd be happy to have the company - but we can discuss that on Saturday!

Also, if you're interested, this is going on in Meenaleck on Saturday, as well. Thought I'd wander up after I've got rid of my luggage..... http://www.leostavern.com/music/aonach-jack/

Anyway, safe travels to one and all, and I'll see you on Saturday!
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 am

Oh, I'm sorry Dave :-\ but I won't be in Gweedore on Sunday. I want to show Julia and Katie a bit of Donegal (perhaps Slieve League) because they don't know it. Monday morning we have to leave at about 5 a.m. to go to Dublin Airport so Sunday is the only day to do a bigger Donegal tour. I'll also show them a bit of Donegal's beauty tonight and tomorrow morning. In the afternoon we will come to "Jack's Fair" at Leo's. See you tomorrow :-).
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 am

I don't have time to write a report but here are the pics I took at the concert on 13th July and some photos which show Donegal's beauty (14th July) https://picasaweb.google.com/Susann177/ ... omecoming#

It was an absolute fanatstic weekend :D :D :D . Many thanks to all the musicians :lol: and to the sun :wink:.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 pm

No need for concert story Susann, the wonderful photos speak for themselves anyway! Stunning indeed, thanks for sharing!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby dids » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:23 am

a collection of very nice pics :)
thanks for sharing ;)
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Return to Clannad