Dutch Tour 2013

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Re: Dutch Tour 2013

Postby Hester » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 am

Yes the new CD is available - they worked their heads of to finish it before the tour :) and Aisling's first ep is also available, it is good! Enjoy the gig tonight!
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Armand » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:52 am

Yes, the new cd is for sale at the Moya shows in Holland and it sounds great ;)
She has a fine band now !

Enjoy it !
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Postby Yvonne » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks for your replies, Hester and Armand. I didn't read them before I went to the concert (we left early), so I found out myself that the new CD was there :D . They pressed 400 copies especially for the Dutch tour, Leon said that it is a collector's item :) . I am very glad to have a copy :D !

I went to the concert in Cuijk with my husband and with our friends Franz and Simi. It was great to see Franz and Simi again! I also met Susann for the first time, it was very nice to meet you :) ! Of course we had a great time at the concert. I loved the opening with just Moya and Cormac playing an instrumental song. I had intended not to remember the setlist this time but just relax and enjoy the concert, but when we got back to the hotel I remembered quite a lot (at least I think so :mrgreen: ) so I wrote it down anyway:

Setlist:

1. Mrs McDermott
2. Ca de Sin do’n te Sin
3. She moved through the Fair
4. Bright Star
5. Stóirín Rua
6. Seothín Seó
7. Gathering Mushrooms
8. My Match is a Makin’
9. Uilean pipes solo (performed by Aisling)
10. Flute solo (performed by Eamon de Barra)
11. Ardaigh Cuan
12. Sailing

Break

1. Crann Ull
2. Crúiscín Lán
3. Captain O’Kane
4. Lass of Aughrim
5. Tapestry
6. Romeo and Juliet (performed by Aisling)
7. Carolan’s Concerto
8. Casadh mo Chroí
9. When the morning breaks
10. An Seanduine Doite
11. Against the Wind (encore)

I am not completely sure if all is correct but most of it is, I believe. I especially loved the songs from the new album. Stóirín Rua was an immediate favourite, as was When the morning breaks. I also love Seothín Seó, a lullaby performed by Cormac, really lovely and moving! And Captain O'Kane is a wonderful instrumental. After listening to the CD those songs still stand out to me, they are great, but I have to listen to the album more to say more about the songs, I haven't had much time yet. Stóirin Rua will not get out of your head once you know it :lol: ! What a catchy song that is and so cheerful!

The Schouwburg in Cuijk has a weird system of buying tickets: the computer gives you seats at random, after a long time trying I finally got second row seats in the pre-sale last year, but this system resulted in many empty seats in first and second row. Now, I am not an artist, but I can imagine that this was not so nice for Moya. After the break a few people moved to the front row.

It was indeed a different band from last year. It must be so great for Moya that Aisling is part of the band now! Afterwards Aisling said that she was so nervous. This was really not necessary, she did a great job! I asked Moya whether she would be back next year, but she wasn't sure yet. I hope so! We will certainly go again if she comes here again! :D

I may write some more later, but I haven't got much time now! I wish everyone who is still going a great time!

Lots of love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Yvonne, I really enjoyed meeting you and your husband and also Simi and Franz I hadn't seen for years.

At the weekend I created a slide show https://picasaweb.google.com/Susann177/ ... aNijmegen# for your nice little report :wink:. I couldn't remember half of the songs. As always I combined the concert with sightseeing in Nijmegen where I stayed overnight. Before the concert I also took some pics from Cuijk.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Susann,

Thanks for your reply and for posting those wonderful pictures. They are very good and so sharp. They certainly bring back memories :D ! I wanted to reply sooner but I have been ill all week and am still not feeling very well, but I thought I'd post a quick reply anyway! Do you like the new album? I am so glad they sold it at the tour, I like it very much!

No news yet, I believe, about a Dutch tour in 2014? I hope Moya will come back to the Netherlands next year! :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Previous

Return to Moya live