Live at Christ Church Cathedral CD/DVD

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Live at Christ Church Cathedral CD/DVD

Postby Armand » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:42 am

What do you think about the newest Clannad live cd/dvd ?

The performance of the band and the sound quality sounds really good to me !

Hopefully the new studio album comes soon ;)
Live you own life !
The only one responsable for it is you !
Armand

Re: Live at Christ Church Cathedral CD/DVD

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Both are indeed a MUST for anyone who likes Clannad, not just for collectors! Obviously they have had to shorten the CD version in order to fit the music into the album, but that is only a minor thing.

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:21 pm

I love especially the DVD because I was to that concert :wink: . I think you can feel the special atmosphere that night even on the DVD. It was an unforgettable concert :D .
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Susann wrote:I love especially the DVD because I was to that concert :wink: . I think you can feel the special atmosphere that night even on the DVD. It was an unforgettable concert :D .

Mise freisin!!!!! :mrgreen: Another one here who was there that night - in fact, if you're eagle-eyed, you can spot a fair few forummers in various shots on the DVD - Mercifully, yours truly is at the opposite end of the row to the camera, so although I can be seen, there's nothing too incriminating!!!! :P

I think you're right about being able to feel the atmosphere, Susann. Considering it appears to only be standard stereo, and not a full surround sound, the sound quality is still pretty good. If you have an amplifier with a decent bass attached to your DVD player, I can recommend listening to Newgrange through it. Sounds phenomenal through my system, and it's only a basic one. Might get the neighbours interested in Clannad too, if they can hear it!!!!! :P :mrgreen:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Return to Clannad