What is your favourite classic Clannad album (1973-1981)?

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

1973: Clannad
10%
1975: Clannad 2
10%
1976: Dúlamán
20%
1980: Crann Ull
20%
1982: Fuaim
40%

Total votes : 10

Postby Mariusz Maxwell Krause » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Our next poll question is: What is your favourite classic Clannad album (1973-1981)?
We have 5 studio albums to choose.

My favourite one is "Fuaim" simply because of Máire signing "The Green Fields of Gaothdobhair" which is one of my most beloved Irish songs.
Cpt. Janeway: "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."
Mariusz Maxwell Krause
Enthusiastic Member

Re: What is your favourite classic Clannad album (1973-1981)

Postby Yvonne » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm

And another poll, I am so glad that the forum is more active now :D , great idea, Mariusz!

I also voted for Fuaim, my very first Clannad album, I like many of the songs on it, but I have to admit that I am more into Clannad's later work.

There is also a live CD from this period Clannad in Concert which is also very nice, but may be you only wanted to put "regular" albums in the polls?

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 am

For me, it is Clannad 2. The strong folk feeling is still there, and that is what makes the music sound "genuine" and sincere.

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 pm

I love all of Clannad's early albums, especially in concert, Dulaman and Fuaim. Fuaim gets my vote because listening to it always takes me straight back to Gweedore, and makes me smile (there is nothing like driving along to lish young buy a broom at 3am after a workshop and a session in leo's, is there Dave? :lol: )
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Grania wrote: (there is nothing like driving along to lish young buy a broom at 3am after a workshop and a session in leo's, is there Dave? :lol: )

Especially the version that could be known as the "V&H Workshop Rehearsal edit", but perhaps we'd better not go there...... :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back on topic, though! :wink: This is a really hard question to answer, because the trad songs that I like are spread across so many albums, but I've gone for Dúlamán, simply because it's got a good number of songs that are still "sing along favourites" at concerts now. It's virtually impossible for me to hear Dúlamán and Two Sisters without joining in enthusiastically these days!!!! :mrgreen:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:14 pm

:lol: Maybe you're right

"Eatables of all kind (pancakes)..aaand..."
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Susann » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I love them all very much but I voted for CLANNAD. This was the starting point of everything and I love extremely much "An Pháirc" :D :D :D .
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Mariusz Maxwell Krause » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Yvonne wrote:And another poll, I am so glad that the forum is more active now :D , great idea, Mariusz!

I also voted for Fuaim, my very first Clannad album, I like many of the songs on it, but I have to admit that I am more into Clannad's later work.

There is also a live CD from this period Clannad in Concert which is also very nice, but may be you only wanted to put "regular" albums in the polls?

Love,

Yvonne

Yes, I did not include compilations and live albums. I think that can be done in another poll :shock: :)
Cpt. Janeway: "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."
Mariusz Maxwell Krause
Enthusiastic Member

Postby wonky_eggs » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 am

Dúlamán for me for its tunes and songs. Éirigh Suas a Storín has to be one of my favourite songs of all time. . I like all of the albums from this era - Fuaim and Crann Úll have grown on me a lot of the last few years after spending a lot of time in the 'must listen to more' pile. Clannad 1 I adore for lovely songs, tunes and sing-alongs, especially 'The Morning Dew' which gives me shivers.
wonky_eggs

Return to Clannad