New version of An Irish Christmas????

Space to discuss Moya's Christmas album

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, Grania, All Moderators

New version of An Irish Christmas????

Postby Yvonne » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

Hello everyone!

I have a question. Last year there was talk of a new version of An Irish Christmas with 2 or 3 new songs (I don't remember exactly). Last year it wasn't finished in time, if I recall well, and I was wondering: will it be released this year...? Does anyone know?

I am listening to the album right now, still such a great album! Absolutely timeless and my very favourite Christmas album :D !

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Re: New version of An Irish Christmas????

Postby Susann » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi Yvonne, you are right. Last year at Moya's Christmas concert in Cologne I met Tim and he told me that there will be a revised Christmas album with 3 new songs. I haven't thought about it since then and I haven't heard anything.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Yvonne » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Susann,

Thank you very much for your reply. I had forgotten about it a bit myself but now that we are getting nearer to Christmas it came back to my mind.

I believe that there is no Irish Christmas Tour this year with all the Clannad concerts, but I hope that there will be some news about the Irish Christmas album! Three new Christmas songs would be great :D !

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

I've just had a look on Amazon UK, Yvonne, and they're still selling the version that we all have, as far as I can tell.

As long as the weather and the Irish Sea behave, I'll be going to Moya's concert in Monkstown again in a few weeks' time, so I'll see what's on sale there - and ask Tim about it if necessary! :wink: It may be that they're doing something similar to Voices and Harps and My Match...., whereby they're selling them at concerts first before a general release

Either way, leave it with me - and unless we all hear otherwise - I'll hopefully have an answer for you this side of Christmas!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much! It is of course possible that they sell it at concerts first. It would be great if you could ask! :D

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby karenp » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

from what I can fine online, there are 2 versions with one notated as IMPORT and another is the US version. I had the IMPORT version before but lost it so I ordered another from AMAZON last week but realized it when I got it that I bought the US version. So now thinking about buying the IMPORT version again because it has the beautiful 'I Still Believe in Christmas" on that version while that song is not on the US version. I LOVE this cd & listen to it all during the year because the wonderful voice of Ms. Brennan. Does anyone know where you can buy a dvd of the documentary for the cd? I've watched it from YouTube and its lovely as the CD.

Thanks
"Nothing is Forgotten" - Robin of Sherwood tv series
karenp

Postby malik mohsin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 pm

:oops: This post is so great and nice :P

So now thinking about buying the IMPORT version again because it has the beautiful 'I Still Believe in Christmas" on that version while that song is not on the US version. I LOVE this cd & listen to it all during the year because the wonderful voice of Ms. Brennan. Does anyone know where you can buy a dvd of the documentary for the cd? I've watched it from YouTube and its lovely as the CD.
{{{{{{{{{{ MOHSIN }}}}}}}}}}
malik mohsin
Banned Member

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi Mohsin,

Welcome to the forum - always great to see a new face around. :D

The documentary you're referring to was made for Dutch television, I believe, a few years ago. As far as I know, it's never been released commercially as a DVD - can any of the Dutch fories confirm this for me, though, please?
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Mohsin,

Also welcome from me!

As far as I know the documentary has never been released as a DVD. However, I believe that it was possible for some time to order a DVD with the documentary at the network which broadcast the documentary (EO). I am not completely sure though so I checked their website (www.eo.nl) but I could not find a DVD with the documentary, but that could also be because it is too old. The original broadcast was in 2007. You could contact them of course (or I could do it for you if you like) to ask, but I expect that it is too old and that it is no longer possible to order it... If any other Dutch member knows for sure may be they can tell us?

I also love the Irish Christmas CD, still my favourite Christmas CD! And I agree, it is beautiful all year through. I still wonder about a possible new version of the CD with a few new songs, now that autumn is getting nearer.... :)

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Sorry Dave and Yvonne, but Malik Mohsin is yet another spammer from Pakistan. If you look carefully at the post, it's merely a re-wording of the post above it with alterations here and there to make it look genuine.

So I'm banning that username. The email address it's using - javd50@hotmail.com - has been published with the same username over at StopForumSpam.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Oops - cant believe I fell for it - schoolboy error!!!! :oops:

Thanks for letting us know, Angus.
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Yes, thanks for letting us know, Angus. I hadn't thought about spam at all!

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am

No worries ..... they're getting craftier and craftier all the time. As Tech Admin I have resources available on the forum and I check all new registrations out as soon as I can (they are few and far between - fortunately this means not too many spammers but unfortunately it also means not many legitimate new members).
As soon as I see Pakistan I know it's a spammer. Sad, but true.

But this one was more difficult to spot because it wasn't immediately obvious that the wording was a re-hash of the previous two posts or so. That signature tagline (which I left in as it doesn't contain any links) is, I think some sort of tag so the spambot can find it easier when it comes back to edit the post to add in links to evil websites. The user has been locked out so can't get in to do this. Normally I delete the posts and spammer on sight, but in this case doing that would have made your posts look silly so I didn't want to do that.

Anyway, it appears that unfortunately there was no new version of AIC :( we pull it out once Advent kicks in and listen to it as part of our Christmas repertoire until the festive season has officially ended. Hopefully we will see a new version at some point in the not-too-distant future!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:30 pm

It looks like there IS a new version of An Irish Christmas for 2013. I ran across it today. It looks like physical copies aren't available until later this month but you can buy digital copies on iTunes, amazon and emusic.com. Not sure if this is only for the USA or if it is available for the rest of the world as well. Here is the amazon listing for it:
http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Christmas-2 ... +christmas
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 am

Many thanks for the information, hermeyjdi :) . I will ask at the Voices and Harps tour in Germany this month.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Next

Return to An Irish Christmas