Moya on new Keith and Kristyn Getty album

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Moya on new Keith and Kristyn Getty album

Postby Yvonne » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello everybody,

I just got an e-mail from Kingsway Music that there will be a new album from Keith and Kristyn Getty called Hymns for the Christian Life. It will be released on October 8th and Moya features on one song called A Mother's Prayer. There are sound samples on the site and I listened to the sample of that song. It sounds like a very beautiful song but I didn't hear Moya so I don't know whether it is a duet or that Moya is just humming in the background! :)

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.kingswayshop.com/Shop/Produc ... e_PRE.aspx

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Moya on new Keith and Kristyn Getty album

Postby Roibeard Óg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for posting Yvonne! :D

I checked the lyrics of the song, and I'm guessing (though not sure!) that Moya sing's the Gaelic bit, it's from the chorus of an Irish traditional lullaby called "Dún Do Shúil'". Has it been released yet? Can't wait to hear!
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Roibeard,

Thanks for posting the link to the lyrics, I hadn't noticed them yet. It sounds very plausible that Moya sings the Gaelic bits (though I hope she will sing a bit more :D )!

The CD will be released on October 8th. I am also looking forward very much to hearing it :D !

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:00 am

Hey all. It's been a long time since I have visited and responded! Hope everyone is well.
I purchased the song this morning on iTunes and was disappointed that Moya didn't sing more. She just did background vocals. Was hoping for a duet. Oh well. Still a great song and I love Kristyn's voice.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi Joshua,

I had pre-ordered the album and got it last week. We were on holiday so I am bit late writing about it. You are right, Moya's contribution to the song is very minimal, they really shouldn't call it a duet, Moya is only doing some (lovely) backing vocals. But it is an absolutely wonderful song! The whole album is good, I like it a lot, but A Mother's Prayer is my favourite. :D

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby hermeyjdi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 am

Yvonne wrote:Hi Joshua,

I had pre-ordered the album and got it last week. We were on holiday so I am bit late writing about it. You are right, Moya's contribution to the song is very minimal, they really shouldn't call it a duet, Moya is only doing some (lovely) backing vocals. But it is an absolutely wonderful song! The whole album is good, I like it a lot, but A Mother's Prayer is my favourite. :D

Love,

Yvonne

Yvonne-
It is a good album. I have all their albums but my favorite is their Christmas album. So beautiful.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Joshua,

I really like the album and I am thinking about buying some more of their albums. Thanks for telling me about the Christmas album! I love Christmas music so that might be a good choice to start with!

Love,

Yvonne
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Return to General