Clannad Tour 2013 in Germany

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Clannad Tour 2013 in Germany

Postby Susann » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 am

Yesterday the dates for Clannad's tour in January 2013 in Germany were announced: :D :D :D

Mo., 21.01.2013 – Mainz, Kurfürstliches Schloss
Tu., 22.01.2013 – Stuttgart, Theaterhaus (am Pragsattel)
We., 23.01.2013 – Cologne, Theater am Tanzbrunnen
Th., 24.01.2013 – Erfurt, Alte Oper
Sa., 26.01.2013 – Chemnitz, St. Markus-Kirche
Su., 27.01.2013 - Hannover, Theater am Aegi

But I'm not sure about the concert in Chemnitz because there is a coincidence of two dates. On 26th January Moya will also have a concert with the T with the Maggies at the Temple Bar TradFest in Dublin :? :? :? . I'm going to Dublin because of this concert. Thank God that the concert in Cologne is on 23rd because on 24th I'm flying to Dublin.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Clannad Tour 2013 in Germany

Postby Grania » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Sounds like a good tour for our German friends, enjoy everyone!

However, I would say don't go making set plans yet - there's definitely been a mistake with that Saturday date, it is confirmed that T with the Maggies are performing in Dublin at the Tradfest on 26th January.
As it's still quite early, I'd say that the Clannad dates need to be confirmed yet. Can I ask where you saw them Susann? :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Susann » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 am

I immediately informed Moya's management about the coincidence and got the information that T with the Maggies will take place. As you can see on the German ticket website http://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affi ... ff=Clannad the Chemnitz concert is not available anymore.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Banba Óir » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi,
the Chemnitz date is now 25 januari 2013.
regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Susann » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 pm

My goodness, then Moya will play the concert in Chemnitz, the next day going to Dublin and the next day back to Germany. Respect :!:
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Exactly what I did Susann - great minds...! :lol:

As for Moya doing those two dates like that, I'm afraid it doesn't surprise me at all - I just hope there's not another on the 27th, for her sake!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Susann » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 pm

On 19th January I was to CLANNAD’s concert in Trier. The concert was absolutely amazing. They played more than two hours full of energy. I have never seen Pól as lively as that night. The band’s enthusiasm spread quickly to the audience. Together with CLANNAD on stage were Ged Lynch (drums) and Ian Parker (keyboard). The venue was absolute perfect for CLANNAD’s music. After the concert they delighted many, many fans with writing autographs and chatting with them. It was a perfect night. Thank you CLANNAD :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Setlist:
Na Buachailli Alainn
Maire Bhruinneal
Crann Ull
Coinleach Ghlas Fhómhair
Eleanor Plunkett/Fairly Shot Of Her
Tower Hill
Mhorag's Na Horo Gheallaidh
Something To Believe In
A Mhuirnin O
Buachaill Ón Éirne
An Tull
Two Sisters
Newgrange
Éirigh Is Cuir Ort Do Chuid Éadaigh
dTigeas A Damhsa
Robin medley
In A Lifetime
Dulaman
I Will Find You
Closer To Your Heart
Harry’s Game
Teidhir Abhaile Riú
Encore:
Down By The Sally Gardens
Nil Sé Ina Lá

I stayed two nights in Trier and combined the concert with sightseeing. Trier is a town full of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Unfortunately because of snow and ice I couldn’t visit the Porta Nigra, the Roman Amphitheater and the Roman Imperial Baths. But I stayed several hours in the Cathedral, the Church of Our Lady, the Basilika and in the Karl-Marx-House. So I have seen many different epochs of German history in two days. In the Karl-Marx-House I have learned that Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx‘ youngest dauther Eleanor had a special relationships to Ireland.

It was a short but intense trip to Trier. Here are the pics I took during the concert and in Trier https://picasaweb.google.com/Susann177/ ... ier190113#

On 23rd January I was together with my nephew Patrick to their concert in Cologne. Before CLANNAD came on stage Seth Lakeman and two other musicians played about half an hour. Then CLANNAD played without an intermission, the setlist was a little shorter than in Trier. I didn’t take photos there. Patrick and I enjoyed the concert very, very much :D :D .
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 am

Thanks for the concert review and the wonderful pics Susann! Wonderful to see that Clannad has now included some more of their more recent songs to their concert setlist (even though I'm not a big fan of "Sirius")!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks, Suvi.

But I forgot to mention something. Almost at the end of the concert in Cologne Moya left the stage and came back with a birthday cake. It was Noel's and Pádraig's 64th birthday :D :D :D . The band and the audience sang Happy Birthday for them. This was a really nice moment.
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 pm

What a well-deserved gesture from Moya for the Duggan twins -now that's a memorable birthday indeed! Though, the band could have also played "When I'm Sixty-Four" by The Beatles as well...! :wink:

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:01 pm

cantilena91 wrote:What a well-deserved gesture from Moya for the Duggan twins -now that's a memorable birthday indeed! Though, the band could have also played "When I'm Sixty-Four" by The Beatles as well...! :wink:

Suvi

You wont believe it but they really played it :D. I almost forgot it but because you mentioned it I remebered that I sang the refrain.
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:37 am

Wow Susann, then I think some people are really good mind-readers...! :lol:

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Susann » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 pm

cantilena91 wrote:Wow Susann, then I think some people are really good mind-readers...! :lol:
Suvi

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 am

Last night CLANNAD played it's last concert of their European Tour. If I have counted right they played between 15th January and 20th February 29 concerts in 28 cities in 12 countries. I had the pleasure to see them in Trier, Cologne and Stockholm. But the thing I extremely much appreciate is that they took time for their fans after every concert. Then they went into their tour bus and were off to the next concert in the next city or even country the next day. Thank you very, very much, CLANNAD. :D :D :D :D :D
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Clannad