Clannad albums witch do you like?

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Clannad albums witch do you like?

Postby romula » Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 am

Fuaim Crann Ull Dúlamán and Clannad 2: This is other music than the other albums I think This albums is difficult to buy?

The cd's Landmarks Lore Banba Anam Past Present Sirius Macalla Legend Magical Ring I like it better. These albums are reissued

So the albums that I find difficult to obtain less fun than the albums still available? Who shares this opinion? The albums of the early days I also enjoy a different style but what I think.

Dus de albums die moeilijk verkrijgbaar zijn vind ik minder leuk dan de albums die nog wel verkrijgbaar zijn? Wie deelt deze mening? De albums van de begin periode vind ik ook wel leuk maar is wat een andere stijl vind ik.
romula

Postby Dab051176 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 am

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems getting hold of these, Romula. You shouldn't have a problem, but as you're in the Netherlands, you may have to order from overseas. I've just checked - Amazon UK seem to have all of the albums you've listed available (Fuaim is a bit more expensive than the others, but it's there...), if that helps! :?

I have to admit, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "less fun". I grew up listening to Clannad's 80's stuff, and largely unaware of the "trad" albums, but I'm now quite fond of the more traditional albums like the ones you've listed. Maybe I've just mellowed with age!!!! :P :mrgreen: So, I don't think they're less fun, they just show the way the band has evolved over the years.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

There might be a difference between early albums and the later works.but I simply love them all.There's actually quite some variety,from traditional tunes and songs to soundtracks and more modern works.I believe that there's at least one fact that we can't get around,the band always puts a lot of time and energy in their creations.
Regarding the availability,it shouldn't be too hard to get hold of the early works,looking around on the web is the best way in my opinion. :D

@Dave,
It must be your age !! :mrgreen:
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

@Dubhy Go raibh míle maith agat - walked right into that, didn't I?!!! :P

You're right, though. It's good that they do a variety of music. What appeals to one person doesn't appeal to others, that's just human nature, but if the CD has the name Clannad on the label, I'm usually perfectly happy! :D
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby SaskiaS » Fri May 20, 2011 11:36 am

I started with Clannad's album Sirius (which has beautiful songs but I hardly listen anymore)
I actually like the "traditional" albums better, but on their other album's there are also lots of great songs.

So, yes, a good thing that tastes are different, and a good thing that their albums are different.

In the Netherlands these albums used to be quite easily available at cd-shops, but nowadays cd-shops only have the very popular cd's. :|
SaskiaS

Postby Angoid » Fri May 20, 2011 1:03 pm

...nowadays cd-shops only have the very popular cd's...

I know the feeling. You can find a lot of the stuff you're not looking for, but a lot of Clannad's stuff simply isn't always available. They're only interested in the real money-spinners, and not the more 'niche' market. Some of the larger stores will stock it though.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 pm

I dont have a fave;. I love all albums; :)
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Clannad albums witch do you like?

Postby Samhraidh » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm

With all certainty - "Legend" :)
It's my first post on Moya's forum. Best regards :)
Samhraidh

Postby mise » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Fáilte Samhraidh! Love Legend as well if only for all the fond memories. My favourite album depends on my mood though.....
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Grania » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Welcome to the forum! Really good to see a new member here - keep posting and chat to us! :D

For myself, I'm not sure I could ever pick a Clannad favourite, but I do love Fuaim...always takes me back to Donegal somehow :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Return to Clannad